Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

If “being the grownups” means restoring ethics and  respecting norms and being dignified, sure.  But if this is some veiled centrist BS I’m gonna have to very respectfully and diplomatically disagree.

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timschochet

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The quid pro quo discussion is a red herring. Sondland’s statement and testimony is proof that the President was running a shadow diplomacy operation using his private attorney outside of normal execu

This is no longer something worth arguing about for the time being.  Until the administration puts forth some compelling evidence or allows some witness to testify as to its side of the story, there i

Schumer played it well.  extending it doesn't help.  they proved their case.  put the 43 cowards on the record.  move on.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

If “being the grownups” means restoring ethics and  respecting norms and being dignified, sure.  But if this is some veiled centrist BS I’m gonna have to very respectfully and diplomatically disagree.

I think u nailed it with the latter.   Definitely not the former.

1 minute ago, joffer said:

Schumer played it well.  extending it doesn't help.  they proved their case.  put the 43 cowards on the record.  move on.

The tape should come in handy next election cycle.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, joffer said:

If all press is good press Schumer did not play it well.   Being impeached twice  can come to be a feather in trumps cap.   Especially  if the economy  tanks.    If it doesn't.   Well Trump will be a republican  king maker.

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

If all press is good press Schumer did not play it well.   Being impeached twice  can come to be a feather in trumps cap.   Especially  if the economy  tanks.    If it doesn't.   Well Trump will be a republican  king maker.

good luck with that.

7 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Nah it’s the first part. We’ll work on the second, it will be OK. 

1 minute ago, quick-hands said:

Maybe in some more extreme areas or he can threaten some Republicans who could get primaries. 

He’s lost a lot lately. Got some serious stink on him. 

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

I really like sour timschochet.   Now that you've changed.  Please don't change back.

I’m not sour at all. I was pissed off at the surrender this morning but I’m past it. The important thing is that Trump is finished. He doesn’t know it, some of his biggest supporters don’t know it, but that doesn’t matter. It’s over. It lasted longer than McCarthyism. Not much longer, 

• Laughing 1
12 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

We desperately need the first part, so I'll live with not getting the second part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

Yeah, this is complete nonsense and hyperbole.  77 million votes doesn't say "disarray". 

It's all good, Tim.  I remember when the Democrats said the GOP would never take power again after they swept the midterms in 2006.  Keep holding on to that - to your detriment.

Welp, that's what I expected to happen.  A majority of GOP once again chose party over country and put their cowardice and absolute lack of integrity and accountability on display for the world to see, just like they did last year.  

Did anyone really expect GOP to grow a spine since the Ukraine impeachment?

*when I say GOP, I don't just refer to 43 Senators.  The rot is much deeper than that.

• Like 1
Just now, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, this is complete nonsense and hyperbole.  77 million votes doesn't say "disarray". 

It's all good, Tim.  I remember when the Democrats said the GOP would never take power again after they swept the midterms in 2006.  Keep holding on to that - to your detriment.

Never is a long time. The GOP will take power again. I think it’s going to be a while. But it will happen when the Democrats overreach and the Republicans come back to their senses. 

29 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

2022 is less than 21 months away and redistricting is going to occur.  Consider who controls the majority of statehouses and I think the gap is now just 5 seats in the House.  It's not like 2022 is some 10:1 odds against the R's.  Fivethirtyeight did a piece on it shortly after the November elections:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-2020-gains-in-the-house-set-them-up-well-for-2022/

Edited by Shula-holic
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Lol you guys up to 77 million votes now?

• Laughing 4
22 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Welp, that's what I expected to happen.  A majority of GOP once again chose party over country and put their cowardice and absolute lack of integrity and accountability on display for the world to see, just like they did last year.  

Did anyone really expect GOP to grow a spine since the Ukraine impeachment?

*when I say GOP, I don't just refer to 43 Senators.  The rot is much deeper than that.

Like the Swamp did for Hillary in 2016?

2 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

2022 is less than 21 months away and redistricting is going to occur.  Consider who controls the majority of statehouses and I think the gap is now just 5 seats now in the House.  It's not like 2022 is some 10:1 odds against the R's.  Fivethirtyeight did a piece on it shortly after the November elections:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/republicans-2020-gains-in-the-house-set-them-up-well-for-2022/

:goodposting: Yep. Americans are going to be tired of the Democrats games. Biden is bumbling vaccine distribution.  People still being asked to were masks in 2022 and they will vote the loonies out of office. 

• Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:goodposting: Yep. Americans are going to be tired of the Democrats games. Biden is bumbling vaccine distribution.  People still being asked to were masks in 2022 and they will vote the loonies out of office. 

How is he bumbling it? He had to start from scratch and with 50 states to work with, each with their own infrastructure to work through, his team is doing better than Trump’s ever could.

Just now, Chaz McNulty said:

This vote total keeps growing.  Even when it doesn't.  Did they just do a recount that moved Trump off of his 74.2M votes?  

They’re counting Russian votes now, apparently.

• Laughing 1
35 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Never is a long time. The GOP will take power again. I think it’s going to be a while. But it will happen when the Democrats overreach and the Republicans come back to their senses. 

I agree.  Eventually the party in power gets a little too cocky.  Hopefully the R's have their house in order when this happens.

19 minutes ago, tonydead said:

He is bumbling vaccine distribution?  According to what?

9 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:
46 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I agree.  Eventually the party in power gets a little too cocky.  Hopefully the R's have their house in order when this happens.

Growth trends make it very likely the GOP will have long term control on the Senate

6 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Growth trends make it very likely the GOP will have long term control on the Senate

Agreed.  I look at the few remaining "purple states" that currently have one senator from each party.  As things become more polarized these likely go away.  There are currently only 5:  MT; WI; OH; PA; WV.  The R's have an advantage in at least 3 of those 5.

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

The nation moves on. We’re going to get a lot of stuff done. COVID will be defeated, and we will deal with climate change and infrastructure and, hopefully immigration. Biden is doing a fine job and things look pretty  bright. 

The Republican Party, and conservatives in general, will not move on. They’re in disarray right now, a train wreck, believing in fake news and conspiracy theories and continuing to stay loyal to the worst President in American history. They’re becoming less relevant every minute, every hour, and Donald Trump is stuck in their heads. I think they’ll right the ship eventually but it’s going to be a while. In the meantime the Democrats will have to continue being the grownups for everyone. 

This is Big League trolling here.  The only thing you nailed is the R's are in disarray.  

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Trumpism

August, 2015 - January 2021

You are way too optimistic Tim.

Trumpism will play a big part in the 2022 elections and I think Trump has a good shot at being the 2024 GOP POTUS candidate. 

16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He is bumbling vaccine distribution?  According to what?

at some point, don’t you have to ask why you’re replying?

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trumpism will play a big part in the 2022 elections and I think Trump has a good shot at being the 2024 GOP POTUS candidate. 

we can only hope

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yep.  As long as trump is alive he's the boss of the Q/GOP party.

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

Oh don’t get me wrong. It’s going to last a long time in terms of the Republicans. But not in terms of the nation as a whole, that’s over. 

1 hour ago, joffer said:

Meh...they were never going to win this one.  The other should not have happened. So much wasted time and money.  All the video of Dem calling for uprisings, confrontations and punching people in the face did not help their cause or anyone`s cause.   

Pretty disgusted with both parties at this stage of my life.  I really have no trust in either.

Edited by Summer Wheat
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, joffer said:

at some point, don’t you have to ask why you’re replying?

I know we wont see an admission of being wrong...but im going to question misinformation.   I will do so politely...but it should be questioned.

Adam Schiff @AdamSchiff 5m

7 Republicans lived their oaths. 43 lived their fears.

At the conclusion of Trump's second impeachment one thing is clear:

The GOP is still in Trump's thrall, still intimidated into his service, more cult of personality and conspiracy, than party.

And America is still at risk.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchiff/status/1360752392443158528

33 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Agreed.  I look at the few remaining "purple states" that currently have one senator from each party.  As things become more polarized these likely go away.  There are currently only 5:  MT; WI; OH; PA; WV.  The R's have an advantage in at least 3 of those 5.

AZ and GA jumped from no Dem Senators to two pretty quick.  

ETA: I would also add ME to your list, Angus King caucuses with the Dems and Susan Collins is Republican.

Edited by fatguyinalittlecoat
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

They did.  AZ may be for good, not so sure about GA longer term when mail in balloting is no longer the norm there.

Once reliably blue WI is not so much anymore either.  The rust belt is turning more red by the year, just as states like NV, AZ, CO, and NM shifted more blue.  I could actually argue that of those five states with split senators, the only two that are possibly more likely blue than red are only temporarily that way.  WI and PA are neither safe blue states anymore, so the movement is toward the R's there.

• Like 1

AZ is now blue.  GA is now blue.  Biden, the most boring candidate ever, just crushed the most popular republican candidate ever.  And the GOP is now known as the whackjob, cardboard masterbating, conspiracy theory believing party and supporters of domestic terrorism and treason.  Dems shouldn't be worried.  

Edited by beef
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

ETA: I would also add ME to your list, Angus King caucuses with the Dems and Susan Collins is Republican.

True, I missed that one.  

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Huh?  He's still not-guilty.  :shrug:

Being acquitted using a loophole because you are scared of being primaried is not the same as not guilty. He's clearly guilty of the actual act. Mcconnell and many of the Republicans who voted to acquit have admitted as such.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Trump’s statement...absolutely disgusting.

He was right in one respect: One party did denigrate the rule of law. His own.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, beef said:

AZ is now blue.  GA is now blue.  Biden, the most boring candidate ever, just crushed the most popular republican candidate ever.  And the GOP is now known as the whackjob, cardboard masterbating, conspiracy theory believing party and supporters of domestic terrorism and treason.  Dems shouldn't be worried.  

HOT TAKE

• Laughing 2