What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

This is exactly how misunformation ends up running rampant in right wing circles and why it's so hard to combat it. 

Having had the benefit of watching parts of the trial, I'm actually familiar with the story so I know why it is a stupid allegation. But  disingenuous prople like Trump's lawyer and Hannity, etc. say "The Democrats doctored evidence!" and then disingenuous people and low-information right wing people all over repeat "doctored evidence!" and then people that already mistrust and hate the Democrats say "see!"  They don't realize or care how stupid the story is so they just keep saying "doctored evidence!" over and over and that continues to foment distrust and hatred towards the other side of the aisle.  This allegation is especially pernicious because it says that Democrats are willing to cheat to get Trump, which Trump folks readily believe because they already think it's true, even though in this instance it's a ridiculous allegation. 

Today I'm going to take a paragraph or two  to explain the "doctored evidence" story so that uninformed people can understand why it's nonsense.  But I'm not going to take the time to do that evey time someone says "doctored evidence" because I'm lazy and I have other stuff to do and  it's annoying for people to read the same crap over and over again.  So what will happen going forward is that right wing folks will continue to say "doctored evidence!'" and most of the time nobody will actually bother to explain what they're talking about, so then it will just be assumed to be true by many people that get their news from facebook and message boards and other disreputable sources.  Just like "impeachment hoax" and other ridiculous things people say on the right.  It takes two seconds to write "impeachment hoax!" while it takes a much greater investment of time to actually sit down and explain what Trump was impeached for and why and what the evidence was and how what he did was atypical for a President, etc.  So people on this board will routinely write stuff like "impeachment hoax" and have it not be challenged at all.  And then lots of people believe nonsense to be true because they hear these uncontested claims over and over..

Anyway, here is the "doctored evidence" story:

During the trial the House managers showed probably hundreds of slides featuring various quotes from twitter or from media sources.  On one slide of those hundreds they showed a tweet from one of Trump's supporters.  The content of the tweet was accurate.  However, the display had a little blue check mark on it indicating that Trump's supporter was a verified user, when in fact she is not a verified user.  Another slide showed tweets that were accurate and were even dated accurately BUT a picture of that display had previously run in the media where this slide had been visible on a computer and in THAT picture the date said "2020" instead of the accurate "2021."  The House managers apparently noticed that mistake and fixed it before trial, nonetheless Trump's defense lawyers included it in their allegations of "doctored evidence!".

I've been a lawyer for 20 years (kill me now),  What I described in the previous paragraph are known as "mistakes."  They happen ALL THE TIME.  I've made mistakes.  I've witnessed opposing counsel make mistakes.  People cite the wrong case by accident, they misattribute a quote, they claim something is from a majority opinion instead of a dissent.  Inadvertently having a little blue check mark next to a tweet because some guy designing your graphics screwed up is an insignificant mistake, not "doctored evidence."

"Doctored evidence" is a loaded term.  The situation it calls to mind is one where a lawyer deliberately changes a number on the printout of his client's bank account or when a cop puts the victim's blood on a suspect's shirt.  The implication is that you are cheating.  When you introduce doctored evidence, you're introducing false evidence for the purpose of tricking the judge/jury into making a more favorable decision for your client. The examples I've given in this paragraph are SERIOUS.  They lead to dismissed cases and sanctioned attorneys.  That's what we generally are referring to when people talk about "doctored evidence."

But adding a check mark to some random person's tweet doesn't resemble that at all.  It doesn't seem to give the House Managers any advantage, the check likely would have gone completely unnoticed by any of the Senators if it hadn't been pointed out by the defense.  This is not the way that anyone would cheat if that was the intent.  If it happened in a normal courtroom I suspect it would be met with a shrug.  The judge might strike the exhibit or make the the lawyer refile a corrected one.  But everyone is aware that people in litigation can make mistakes and this isn't a particularly egregious one.  But it's worth noting that this isn't even a regular court.  The normal rules of evidence didn't apply.  Both sides were using hearsay evidence and all kinds of stuff that would never be allowed in a regular courtroom.  There was no processof authenticating exhibits like they do in a regular trial.  To raise the issue of the superfluous checkmark in this context is just absurd.

Of course Trump's lawyers knew saying "they showed an otherwise-accurate Twitter quote but added a blue check mark to it!" doesn't sound like a very compelling defense.  So they just say "doctored evidence" without context.  And then they say stuff like "doctoring evidence is serious!!  This is a big deal!!!"  And they say "if this evidence is doctored, how can you trust anything else the House managers say?"  Which is of course all ridiculous.  The House managers made a tiny insignificant mistake in presenting a single piece of evidence, at the absolute MOST it should be construed as "the House Managers were a little bit sloppy."  But even that seems like a stretch.

This whole thing is a narrative pushed by people acting in bad faith and spread by others who are either acting in bad faith or have no idea what they're talking about.  It will become orthodoxy among Trump supporters soon if it hasn't taken hold already.  Fighting misinformation is so hard.
Mistakes  :lmao: .  People misattributing a quote or citing something is a mistake because it's humans committing human error (at least that's what a good lawyer would claim).  Twitter is computer generated and the only way dates and words are changed from the original tweet is if its done intentionally.

Oh and the changes would give the house managers an advantage.  Blue check marks add credibility.  Changing dates fits their timeline.  And changing words change meaning.

- not guilty

/thread

"OK, we've got hours of damning video footage and statements and tweets, but I'm not sure that it's enough, let's put a blue check mark next to some random tweet we're showing, that'll put us over the top!"
You're centering your fascination on the blue check when dates and words were changed.  That is probably the best defense you have though when caught red handed.  You should have been on the house manager's team, they failed to respond and just took it on the chin.  

You're centering your fascination on the blue check when dates and words were changed.  That is probably the best defense you have though when caught red handed.  You should have been on the house manager's team, they failed to respond and just took it on the chin.  
What dates and words were changed?

Oh and the changes would give the house managers an advantage.  Blue check marks add credibility.  Changing dates fits their timeline.  And changing words change meaning.
Dude, a blue check mark only means that Twitter has verified that it is the actual Twitter account of the person. It adds credibility only in the sense that those reading know that it is not an alias account pretending to be someone else who has some degree of public name recognition.

"OK, we've got hours of damning video footage and statements and tweets, but I'm not sure that it's enough, let's put a blue check mark next to some random tweet we're showing, that'll put us over the top!"
Then why did they do it? They had all this "evidence" and yet still felt the need to doctor more. Guess their case wasn't as lock solid by their own actions. 

Then why did they do it? They had all this "evidence" and yet still felt the need to doctor more. Guess their case wasn't as lock solid by their own actions. 
They made an accident, like lawyers do all the time.  Somebody creating the slide obviously used some other tweet as a template, and that tweet was from a verified user.

They made an accident, like lawyers do all the time.  Somebody creating the slide obviously used some other tweet as a template, and that tweet was from a verified user.
This. They are putting together a professional presentation, so it is not as simple as taking a screenshot (well it could be that simple but the resulting graphic would look like ####). So they likely had a graphics firm/intern/paid staffer put this together and used more sohisticated techniques than just grabbing a screenshot.

Morning consult poll

27% of republicans say trump bears some responsibility for capitol riot

46% say Biden does 😂

to be fair, I don’t think it’s tried and true republicans - it’s the group that has taken over the Republican Party

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida was a close election, I don’t think Gore was wrong in asking for a recount. He conceded.
Huh? Gore went all the way to the Supreme Court contesting the count and only conceded when they ruled against him. It was painted as a picture of magnanimity by the press, but was in reality just a crock. The S. Ct. had ruled against him and he wasn't powerful enough to take that branch of government on. Otherwise, he might have. Gore is a stain on our history books, too. Though nothing like Trump.

This. They are putting together a professional presentation, so it is not as simple as taking a screenshot (well it could be that simple but the resulting graphic would look like ####). So they likely had a graphics firm/intern/paid staffer put this together and used more sohisticated techniques than just grabbing a screenshot.
You know that "accident" would get a mistrial in a real court for doctoring evidence. 

This whole thing is a narrative pushed by people acting in bad faith and spread by others who are either acting in bad faith or have no idea what they're talking about.  It will become orthodoxy among Trump supporters soon if it hasn't taken hold already.  Fighting misinformation is so hard.
And it completely derails threads here. Neat.

Defense: "You're honor the screenshot the prosecution showed is a fake. They have altered the image."

Judge: "Oh well I'm sure they meant well when they altered it. Overruled."
1) This was not a criminal trial

2) Judges allow mistakes to be corrected all the time. Especially ones that are minor to the overall case (as is the existence or non-existence of a blue check mark)

I think fatguyinalittlecoat is right here. This stuff happens all the time at trial and people generally ignore it like a bodily function. It was probably in the House's favor that they aired the mistake, but how prejudicial was it or would it have been to the outcome? Probably not much.

1) This was not a criminal trial

2) Judges allow mistakes to be corrected all the time. Especially ones that are minor to the overall case (as is the existence or non-existence of a blue check mark)
The existence of a non existent blue check mark on evidence that the defense didn't even get until the night before calls all other evidence into question. What else was accidentally doctored that the defense did not catch in his discovery?

So because this is not a criminal trial it's ok for the prosecution to literally make #### up and later say "whoops our bad" if they get caught?

The existence of a non existent blue check mark on evidence that the defense didn't even get until the night before calls all other evidence into question. What else was accidentally doctored that the defense did not catch in his discovery?

So because this is not a criminal trial it's ok for the prosecution to literally make #### up and later say "whoops our bad" if they get caught?
It's a human endeavor. Ever prepare for a trial? It's a hectic mess, even for the best of lawyers. It's a miracle more stuff doesn't come out garbled. One blue check mark is indicative of nothing, IMO, other than bad faith by the party that is claiming "doctored evidence." I'm just not seeing the point, and I can understand and sympathize with complaints about stuff deliberately done to obfuscate and deflect truth. This ain't it.

It's a human endeavor. Ever prepare for a trial? It's a hectic mess, even for the best of lawyers. It's a miracle more stuff doesn't come out garbled. One blue check mark is indicative of nothing, IMO, other than bad faith by the party that is claiming "doctored evidence." I'm just not seeing the point, and I can understand and sympathize with complaints about stuff deliberately done to obfuscate and deflect truth. This ain't it.
I get that there's a lot of preparation to go into things but for something this serious, literally manufacturing evidence (which is what they did) should be where they say "ok maybe we don't need this piece for the trial." 

And when I say literally, I mean the made an image that looked like a Trump tweet. Their excuse was that Trump's account was banned and they couldn't pull the original tweets so they remade the image and accidentally put a blue check mark when they did. 

I get that there's a lot of preparation to go into things but for something this serious, literally manufacturing evidence (which is what they did) should be where they say "ok maybe we don't need this piece for the trial." 

And when I say literally, I mean the made an image that looked like a Trump tweet. Their excuse was that Trump's account was banned and they couldn't pull the original tweets so they remade the image and accidentally put a blue check mark when they did. 
They didn't manufacture any evidence though. The text of the tweet was unchanged. It is akin to them misspelling her name, or a simple typo. 

It's fair to point out and even laugh at unintentional mistakes. It's odd to refer to them as "doctoring."

The pleadings and briefs filed by Lin Wood and Sidney Powell in recent months were chock full of weird mistakes. They "doctored" the spelling of the court's name in their caption!! How sinister!

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA

It's fair to point out and even laugh at unintentional mistakes. It's odd to refer to them as "doctoring."

The pleadings and briefs filed by Lin Wood and Sidney Powell in recent months were chock full of weird mistakes. They "doctored" the spelling of the court's name in their caption!! How sinister!
Trump's lawyers doctored their job titles ("lead prosecutor") and their home town ("Phillydelphia").

Trump's lawyers doctored their job titles ("lead prosecutor") and their home town ("Phillydelphia").
And couldn’t even get the state they were filing in correct. 

Huh? Gore went all the way to the Supreme Court contesting the count and only conceded when they ruled against him. It was painted as a picture of magnanimity by the press, but was in reality just a crock. The S. Ct. had ruled against him and he wasn't powerful enough to take that branch of government on. Otherwise, he might have. Gore is a stain on our history books, too. Though nothing like Trump.
Well, I was young and not really paying much attention to politics at the time. I went back and perused the gist (quickly) and I’m not sure I get the same takeaway you describe, but don’t know enough about it to really espouse a stance. All in all, after he felt his chances in court were moot, he conceded, even though he could have kept litigating. I won’t disagree that the 2000 election was a stain. I will stand by my statement though- Florida was very close, and it was also 266-246 before counting Florida’s 25 votes, so I think asking for a recount is reasonable there. Now, I’m not sure how those procedures worked or if there was a recount and gore would have been asking for a re-recount or what. Sounds like even if he got the result he wanted the republicans would have gone right back to court and he didn’t think the overall chances were in his favor, so he conceded eventually. That’s respectable in my opinion...a lot more so than this last election. 

Well, I was young and not really paying much attention to politics at the time. I went back and perused the gist (quickly) and I’m not sure I get the same takeaway you describe, but don’t know enough about it to really espouse a stance. All in all, after he felt his chances in court were moot, he conceded, even though he could have kept litigating. I won’t disagree that the 2000 election was a stain. I will stand by my statement though- Florida was very close, and it was also 266-246 before counting Florida’s 25 votes, so I think asking for a recount is reasonable there. Now, I’m not sure how those procedures worked or if there was a recount and gore would have been asking for a re-recount or what. Sounds like even if he got the result he wanted the republicans would have gone right back to court and he didn’t think the overall chances were in his favor, so he conceded eventually. That’s respectable in my opinion...a lot more so than this last election. 
Oh, it pales in comparison to the latest go-round we've had about elections, but the Florida debacle was about as close to a constitutional crisis as one of our elections has ever (this one we came close to political violence, but the constitutionality of Biden's win was never in question in the courts) been, and Gore's continued insistence on fighting the election through the courts (which included friendly Democratic-controlled Florida courts, including their highest court) left the country standing still during the run-up to certification. The only recourse Trump had to certification was exhortations to violence, Gore had the courts, except for the Supreme Court, which put the kibosh on the recount efforts by a 5-4 and purely partisan-line decision. And to be fair, there are still people bitter over the Supreme Court decision and the count, and it still remains a hotly-contested issue among the participants and certain parts of the citizenry that had an interest in the outcome. Bush won, we got 9/11, the Patriot Act, Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and the rest we're still living. It was indeed an important election and important result that many still believe was decided wrongly. But Gore's refusal to yield earns him no points in my book, though that is through a slightly partisan lens.

• Smile
Oh, it pales in comparison to the latest go-round we've had about elections, but the Florida debacle was about as close to a constitutional crisis as one of our elections has ever (this one we came close to political violence, but the constitutionality of Biden's win was never in question in the courts) been, and Gore's continued insistence on fighting the election through the courts (which included friendly Democratic-controlled Florida courts, including their highest court) left the country standing still during the run-up to certification. The only recourse Trump had to certification was exhortations to violence, Gore had the courts, except for the Supreme Court, which put the kibosh on the recount efforts by a 5-4 and purely partisan-line decision. And to be fair, there are still people bitter over the Supreme Court decision and the count, and it still remains a hotly-contested issue among the participants and certain parts of the citizenry that had an interest in the outcome. Bush won, we got 9/11, the Patriot Act, Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and the rest we're still living. It was indeed an important election and important result that many still believe was decided wrongly. But Gore's refusal to yield earns him no points in my book, though that is through a slightly partisan lens.
A slightly partisan lens? The Florida result was a basically a tie, a full recount would likely have given the race to Gore

It was Bush that appealed to the SCOTUS (hence the name of the famous case being Bush v Gore). Bush used the Supreme Court to stop a recount which most likely would have changed the result. Remember, George Bush had his brother as Florida governor, and the remarkably corrupt Katherine Harris as secretary of state (who implemented a bald-faced, ruthless voter suppression program before the election, and then stonewalled the corrupt result after.)

For what its worth, I didn't vote for Al Gore and expect he would have been a terrible president, but that election was 100% stolen in Florida.

Re violence, please don't under-estimate the Brooks Brothers Riot - one of the most hilariously disgusting events of the entire Florida 2000 debacle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot

Today I'm going to take a paragraph or two  to explain the "doctored evidence" story so that uninformed people can understand why it's nonsense.  But I'm not going to take the time to do that evey time someone says "doctored evidence" because I'm lazy and I have other stuff to do and  it's annoying for people to read the same crap over and over again. ....

VIDEO: Trump lawyer accuses Democrats of manipulating evidence at impeachment trial. •Feb 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6wFNGVaKc

VIDEO: Swalwell pushes FAKE tweet in impeachment trial— claims evidence of a coup... It was a church group. •Feb 11, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beEcjvQdtZg

Direct Headline: Does the First Amendment Protect Trump on Incitement to Riot?

By David L. Hudson, Jr. January 8, 2021

https://firstamendmentwatch.org/does-the-first-amendment-protect-trump-on-incitement-to-riot/

First "Red Flag" for folks here should be the immediate attack on Conservatives here. Good job letting them know their "uninformed" subscription dollars are not welcome here since their opinions and their contribution to diversity of thought and diversity of opinion are also not embraced.

Second Red Flag should be the weak half hearted attempt to reframe the narrative. Some word salad gaggle of It's Not That Big Of A Deal/You're Stupid For Questioning This/You Should Focus On Only The Blue Check Mark Term Since It Can Be Spun As Minimal For Those Who Didn't Watch The Video/You Aren't A 20 Year Legal Veteran Like Me So You Must Suck A**/I'm Going To Try To Say It's Not A Standard Legal Trial But Try To Introduce Concepts Of "Mistakes" That I Have No Choice But To Admit Occur in Legal Trials And Hope You Don't Point It Out That I Separate The Two When It Fits My Narrative And Join Them Later When It Does and on and on and on.

Third Red Flag, as @tonydead points out, is trying to convince people that a verbal miscue, while focusing on the word "mistakes" to shield away from the reality of actual deception, without clear intent, is the same as photoshopping something solely for the media for the MSM to drive a narrative then redacting it later for the impeachment hearings and hoping no one would notice it. FLIALC wants you to believe it was honest human error that caused someone to actually run photoshop on an image (And for what purpose other than to deceive people? But hey, let's not talk about that, since he says he's lazy and honestly people just don't want to be bothered with the repetitive concept of owning everything he would present in a hearing or a courtroom)

Men, ACTUAL MEN, take responsibility for all the work product that they sign their name to - with anything. But, if you question this, you must be "uninformed"

SO LET'S INFORM PEOPLE, SHALL WE?

Clarence BRANDENBURG, Appellant, v. State of OHIO.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/395/444

Gregory HESS v. State of INDIANA.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/414/105

Nwanguma v. Trump, No. 17-6290 (6th Cir. 2018)

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca6/17-6290/17-6290-2018-09-11.html

NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Co., 458 U.S. 886 (1982)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/458/886/

FGIALC doesn't want people to actually be "informed". He doesn't want them watching the videos nor looking at case history because he doesn't want people to know he's very likely not specialized in the field of Constitutional Law and he won't want to be caught in the open field where he cannot hide behind his "legalese" and cheap tactics even ambulance chasers from 4th Tier bottom feeder drive thru law factory paper mills wouldn't use.

So FGIALC, let's do it, let's EXHAUSTIVELY look at Brandenburg, Hess, Trump's 2016 case and what happened to Charles Evers.

You can start with Brandenburg in relation to Trump. We can break it down, paragraph by paragraph, sentence by sentence, line by line. Down to the very last piece of punctuation. Does anything in my recent posting history suggest I won't do that? Do I sound like a civilian that's going to be soft rolled by your paper thin legalese?  A little more than three months ago, I started posting here regularly again, after years and years away, and do you know how pathetic it is that with half of the PSF chasing me, that they couldn't bracket one broken down geriatric retired gangster?

You wanted a confrontation with Conservatives here, now you have it. Now you can decide whether you want to get dragged to the table and be forced to eat the whole damn meal.

Come at me, bro.

And sub-prime mortgage crisis, that’s as big of a deal as the rest (although maybe last on the list of big deals.)

And sub-prime mortgage crisis, that’s as big of a deal as the rest (although maybe last on the list of big deals.)
The subprime fiasco was beyond Bush's ken. He didn't cause it, understand it, or understand how to solve it. That was the responsibility of the regulators and Congress.

VIDEO: Trump lawyer accuses Democrats of manipulating evidence at impeachment trial. •Feb 12, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6wFNGVaKc

VIDEO: Swalwell pushes FAKE tweet in impeachment trial— claims evidence of a coup... It was a church group. •Feb 11, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beEcjvQdtZg

Direct Headline: Does the First Amendment Protect Trump on Incitement to Riot?

By David L. Hudson, Jr. January 8, 2021

https://firstamendmentwatch.org/does-the-first-amendment-protect-trump-on-incitement-to-riot/

First "Red Flag" for folks here should be the immediate attack on Conservatives here. Good job letting them know their "uninformed" subscription dollars are not welcome here since their opinions and their contribution to diversity of thought and diversity of opinion are also not embraced.

Second Red Flag should be the weak half hearted attempt to reframe the narrative. Some word salad gaggle of It's Not That Big Of A Deal/You're Stupid For Questioning This/You Should Focus On Only The Blue Check Mark Term Since It Can Be Spun As Minimal For Those Who Didn't Watch The Video/You Aren't A 20 Year Legal Veteran Like Me So You Must Suck A**/I'm Going To Try To Say It's Not A Standard Legal Trial But Try To Introduce Concepts Of "Mistakes" That I Have No Choice But To Admit Occur in Legal Trials And Hope You Don't Point It Out That I Separate The Two When It Fits My Narrative And Join Them Later When It Does and on and on and on.

Third Red Flag, as @tonydead points out, is trying to convince people that a verbal miscue, while focusing on the word "mistakes" to shield away from the reality of actual deception, without clear intent, is the same as photoshopping something solely for the media for the MSM to drive a narrative then redacting it later for the impeachment hearings and hoping no one would notice it. FLIALC wants you to believe it was honest human error that caused someone to actually run photoshop on an image (And for what purpose other than to deceive people? But hey, let's not talk about that, since he says he's lazy and honestly people just don't want to be bothered with the repetitive concept of owning everything he would present in a hearing or a courtroom)

Men, ACTUAL MEN, take responsibility for all the work product that they sign their name to - with anything. But, if you question this, you must be "uninformed"

SO LET'S INFORM PEOPLE, SHALL WE?

Clarence BRANDENBURG, Appellant, v. State of OHIO.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/395/444

Gregory HESS v. State of INDIANA.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/414/105

Nwanguma v. Trump, No. 17-6290 (6th Cir. 2018)

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca6/17-6290/17-6290-2018-09-11.html

NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Co., 458 U.S. 886 (1982)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/458/886/

FGIALC doesn't want people to actually be "informed". He doesn't want them watching the videos nor looking at case history because he doesn't want people to know he's very likely not specialized in the field of Constitutional Law and he won't want to be caught in the open field where he cannot hide behind his "legalese" and cheap tactics even ambulance chasers from 4th Tier bottom feeder drive thru law factory paper mills wouldn't use.

So FGIALC, let's do it, let's EXHAUSTIVELY look at Brandenburg, Hess, Trump's 2016 case and what happened to Charles Evers.

You can start with Brandenburg in relation to Trump. We can break it down, paragraph by paragraph, sentence by sentence, line by line. Down to the very last piece of punctuation. Does anything in my recent posting history suggest I won't do that? Do I sound like a civilian that's going to be soft rolled by your paper thin legalese?  A little more than three months ago, I started posting here regularly again, after years and years away, and do you know how pathetic it is that with half of the PSF chasing me, that they couldn't bracket one broken down geriatric retired gangster?

You wanted a confrontation with Conservatives here, now you have it. Now you can decide whether you want to get dragged to the table and be forced to eat the whole damn meal.

Come at me, bro.
:goodposting:

And it completely derails threads here. Neat.
It's not just hard to fight misinformation, it's impossible.  Because the people spreading it aren't interested in getting good information.  And they just move on to the next bull#### story while you're still fighting the last two.  It's much easier to make something up than it is to debunk it, and you lose when you try.

It's not just hard to fight misinformation, it's impossible.  Because the people spreading it aren't interested in getting good information.  And they just move on to the next bull#### story while you're still fighting the last two.  It's much easier to make something up than it is to debunk it, and you lose when you try.
Right, so why engage the nonsense in the first place.

Misinformation like political rhetoric? 

Any doubts about whether Trump is serious about burning the Republican Party down, gone.

Thanks for protecting me, Mitch.  Now watch while I kill the party you tried to hide behind the shield of my exoneration.
You've completely forgot Kamala's and the rest of the Dems attacks on Biden during the primaries?   

tonydead said:
You've completely forgot Kamala's and the rest of the Dems attacks on Biden during the primaries?   
During a primary when fighting for a party's nomination, politicians do attack one another. And they say things that they otherwise wouldn't. Harris did attack Biden on his race views over bussing. It was perhaps a bit over the top, but nothing that we haven't seen in any republican or democrat primary in the past X years

Trump in 2016 took the attacking of his fellow candidates to an entirely new level. That continued into the general as he expanded his attacks to Clinton and others. That continued throughout his presidency, and only now has he come full circle and attacked his fellow republicans again.

I hope you can see the difference?

During a primary when fighting for a party's nomination, politicians do attack one another. And they say things that they otherwise wouldn't. Harris did attack Biden on his race views over bussing. It was perhaps a bit over the top, but nothing that we haven't seen in any republican or democrat primary in the past X years

Trump in 2016 took the attacking of his fellow candidates to an entirely new level. That continued into the general as he expanded his attacks to Clinton and others. That continued throughout his presidency, and only now has he come full circle and attacked his fellow republicans again.

I hope you can see the difference?
Harris can falsely accuse Biden of being a racist because others attack in primaries?  Or Harris can say oh my bad since you’re giving me power?  Cut the mental gymnastics they are all the same.  The your guy is worse than my guy schtick is so tiresome and thoughtless.   

Harris can falsely accuse Biden of being a racist because others attack in primaries?  Or Harris can say oh my bad since you’re giving me power?  Cut the mental gymnastics they are all the same.  The your guy is worse than my guy schtick is so tiresome and thoughtless.   
The point of her story is more to call out Biden for being old and to humanize her. It's attacking a position he had 40 years ago. It has little relevance other than to point out Joe has been in politics that long. Attacking a position someone had 40 years ago doesn't prevent you from working with them, especially considering what Cruz, Graham, and Rubio said about Trump before working with him.

Some of Trump's personal attacks are relevant to the candidate's viability, similar to Harris' attack on Biden (calling Warren Pocahontas). But many are petty (Ted Cruz's wife is ugly) or vindictive (this), which fails your "they are all the same" test.

rockaction said:
Gore had an arguable case.  Trump’s rampage couldn’t even get a judge to take it seriously because it was pure conspiracy theory.  You do acknowledge that though.  I think?

• Smile
Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Any doubts about whether Trump is serious about burning the Republican Party down, gone.

Thanks for protecting me, Mitch.  Now watch while I kill the party you tried to hide behind the shield of my exoneration.
Amazing.  How anyone could trust Trump is beyond me.  Mitch carried his polluted water through all his horrific bs and Trump just threw him to the wolves.  Just like he did Pence.  

It is sociopathic. 

Users who are viewing this thread