What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (1 Viewer)

Clemson junior QB Trevor Lawrence completed 25-of-28 passes for 329 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 41-23 win over Virginia. 

Lawrence came, saw, and conquered. Simple as that. Though it took more attempts in this game than in the previous two, Lawrence crushed Virginia without a doubt and did his best to solidify his spot at the top of the draft. His touchdown strike to Amari Rodgers in the back of the end zone was particularly ridiculous. Clemson defend their No.1 spot again versus Miami next week. 

Oct 4, 2020, 12:21 AM ET

Clemson junior QB Trevor Lawrence completed 25-of-28 passes for 329 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 41-23 win over Virginia. 

Lawrence came, saw, and conquered. Simple as that. Though it took more attempts in this game than in the previous two, Lawrence crushed Virginia without a doubt and did his best to solidify his spot at the top of the draft. His touchdown strike to Amari Rodgers in the back of the end zone was particularly ridiculous. Clemson defend their No.1 spot again versus Miami next week. 

Oct 4, 2020, 12:21 AM ET
He had 329 and 3 TDs vs Virginia Saturday.  

I don't think Trevor would spurn any team that drafted him.  Doesn't seem to be his nature.  That said, I hope he doesn't go to the Jets.  If they like Darnold, could see them trying to trade out to get picks.  Jets need help elsewhere. 

My gut reaction says that Trevor tells the Jets to eff off if they get the first pick.
Yeah I can’t imagine a guy with his drive and ego wanting to be a savior in New York. Once Gase is gone the situation will be far more attractive with all of their picks and cap space.

People are so shortsighted. The Jets are not a great organization by any means but the last two seasons under Gase were the only two seasons they were a complete dumpster fire. I don’t think people understand how terrible he is in every aspect. 

If Gase is gone - Lawrence would be stepping into the biggest market dying for a savior, that has a young stud LT, more cap space than any team in the league and 4 first round picks over the next two seasons.

People are so shortsighted. The Jets are not a great organization by any means but the last two seasons under Gase were the only two seasons they were a complete dumpster fire. I don’t think people understand how terrible he is in every aspect. 

If Gase is gone - Lawrence would be stepping into the biggest market dying for a savior, that has a young stud LT, more cap space than any team in the league and 4 first round picks over the next two seasons.
Isnt that the rub though?  Isnt the owner really high on Gase?

SuperFlex dynasty league hoping I have a top pick to grab this guy.
Interesting. A team just did a deal to ensure getting guy but took flak In a 14 team league

he is 0-9-1

next team is 1-9

next is 1-8-1 and owns pick

next is 2-9 and owns pick

Next team is 3-7 and owns pick but playing well

1-9 has deep team but quite a few holes. Biggest thing is loaded at QB with 5 starters bit not a trader

so He gave up the 3-7 first and a 8-11 1st for to get the 1-9 1st, 2nd(7-10) and 3rd(10-14) to just about ensure he gets Lawrence. He will have 4 of the top 5 picks. 

I thought smart deal but many disagreed. This team last year traded the pick that got Justin Herbert for pick that got CEH and one of the top 5 picks. I think Herbert would now cost CEH, that first and another high first and not sure getting deal done. I think Lawrence will cost more if he did not get. The team owning the 1-9 is tough to deal with on top of this and has offered up that pick, another first and Late 2nd to get Lawrence. 

Just very interesting thoughts when you make sure you get generational talent at a pretty low cost overall. The price could have only gone up

Interesting. A team just did a deal to ensure getting guy but took flak In a 14 team league

he is 0-9-1

next team is 1-9

next is 1-8-1 and owns pick

next is 2-9 and owns pick

Next team is 3-7 and owns pick but playing well

1-9 has deep team but quite a few holes. Biggest thing is loaded at QB with 5 starters bit not a trader

so He gave up the 3-7 first and a 8-11 1st for to get the 1-9 1st, 2nd(7-10) and 3rd(10-14) to just about ensure he gets Lawrence. He will have 4 of the top 5 picks. 

I thought smart deal but many disagreed. This team last year traded the pick that got Justin Herbert for pick that got CEH and one of the top 5 picks. I think Herbert would now cost CEH, that first and another high first and not sure getting deal done. I think Lawrence will cost more if he did not get. The team owning the 1-9 is tough to deal with on top of this and has offered up that pick, another first and Late 2nd to get Lawrence. 

Just very interesting thoughts when you make sure you get generational talent at a pretty low cost overall. The price could have only gone up
Yeah it's a bold move but in my eyes if you need a QB especially in Superflex it's probably worth it.

This talk like Trevor will go "Oh the Jets, no I'm staying at Clemson" is just horse manure. Hardly ever does a player leave college and call the shots. Burrow supposedly was threatening to not play in Cinci, it's all click bait and sells media and commercial time for daily hot takes.

I don't buy that a potential stud QB wouldn't want to go take the New York market by storm which essentially is the United States, people in other parts of the country copy what folks do in New York, believe it or not but it's true. It's not a bad place to land, my opinion. 

Eh

This talk like Trevor will go "Oh the Jets, no I'm staying at Clemson" is just horse manure. Hardly ever does a player leave college and call the shots. Burrow supposedly was threatening to not play in Cinci, it's all click bait and sells media and commercial time for daily hot takes.

I don't buy that a potential stud QB wouldn't want to go take the New York market by storm which essentially is the United States, people in other parts of the country copy what folks do in New York, believe it or not but it's true. It's not a bad place to land, my opinion. 
But it’s not. That’s a very east coast line of thinking. In fact, around here NY is the last thing people want to copy. But yes, it is a big market to make a lot of money in. It’s why OBJ wanted to go there if I remember right. He’s not going to balk at NY

Last edited by a moderator:

How many potential franchise qb's have they mismanaged in teh past 20 years?

They’ve taken 3 QBs in the first round in the last 20 years.  Chad Pennington has a winning record with the Jets, Mark Sanchez and Sam Darnold haven’t worked out. Seems pretty irrelevant.
Sanchez also went to two AFC Championship games and while he was regressing anyway a major injury was the final nail in his coffin with the Jets. He bounced around after that losing a camp battle to Trevor Siemien as Bronco before being a backup in Philly and Dallas.

The truth is the only QB they may have ruined is Darnold because of Gase and McCagnan - neither of which will be involved after 2020.

I am sky high on Trev.

Hadn't thought of the possibility of him wanting no part of the Jets but it is a possibility so I thought of a 'best case' scenario for all sides if he balked and wanted to go somewhere else.

Green Bay made a big statement last year when they took a QB in the first round.  A-Rod has played lights out and is an MVP candidate but the FO made a big statement last year.

Complete hypothetical trade scenario.

GB offers A-Rod and Love for top pick where they take Lawrence.  Jets counter as they are sitting on a ton of cap space so they offer to eat a big portion of the cap hit for GB AND kick-in Darnold to ALSO get GB's 1st round pick in addition to A-Rod and Love.

GB accepts to get a franchise QB for the next decade and are able to disengage from A-Rod and get cap relief.

Jets get instant credibility at QB position with a young prospect ready to take over AND get an extra 1st to address EDGE/Pass Rush or some other problem area.  Maybe a top-flight disgruntled vet WR like Michael Thomas would want to join Rodgers?  

Complete hypothetical but if NYJETS land the top pick, highly possible and if Trevor didn't like that destination teams would come out of the woodwork so I came up with a scenario that will never happen but it addressed the biggest story of last year's draft and what 'might' be the biggest story of next year's draft.

I am sky high on Trev.

Hadn't thought of the possibility of him wanting no part of the Jets but it is a possibility so I thought of a 'best case' scenario for all sides if he balked and wanted to go somewhere else.

Green Bay made a big statement last year when they took a QB in the first round.  A-Rod has played lights out and is an MVP candidate but the FO made a big statement last year.

Complete hypothetical trade scenario.

GB offers A-Rod and Love for top pick where they take Lawrence.  Jets counter as they are sitting on a ton of cap space so they offer to eat a big portion of the cap hit for GB AND kick-in Darnold to ALSO get GB's 1st round pick in addition to A-Rod and Love.

GB accepts to get a franchise QB for the next decade and are able to disengage from A-Rod and get cap relief.

Jets get instant credibility at QB position with a young prospect ready to take over AND get an extra 1st to address EDGE/Pass Rush or some other problem area.  Maybe a top-flight disgruntled vet WR like Michael Thomas would want to join Rodgers?  

Complete hypothetical but if NYJETS land the top pick, highly possible and if Trevor didn't like that destination teams would come out of the woodwork so I came up with a scenario that will never happen but it addressed the biggest story of last year's draft and what 'might' be the biggest story of next year's draft.
This is so dumb that Gase would probably do it. Hopefully he doesn't get that chance.

What? You made a statement and can't be bothered to back it up. I know the Jets are an easy target given recency bias, but let's no throw out hyperbolic blanket statements.
Why is Smith not included?

The jets have scewed up 4 different qb's in 18 years.  How is that not backing it up? 

Why is Smith not included?

The jets have scewed up 4 different qb's in 18 years.  How is that not backing it up? 
Did the Jets screw up Geno Smith? They had a decent  line and good weapons when he was there. Ryan Fitzpatrick stepped in and set Jet records with the same supporting cast. He was just not a good QB. What has he done since he left the Jets that makes you think the Jets screwed him up? If you want to say he was a bad pick, sure - there was a reason he fell to the second round despite putting up video game numbers at WVU. He was/is a mental midget, but to say the Jets screwed him up is misguided. Gase screwed up Tannehill  in Miami and look what he's done since he left. Smith is a career backup since leaving the Jets, at best, and that's all he ever was.

Mark Sanchez went to 2 AFC championship games with the Jets and played well his first three seasons. The o-line suffered major injuries and they lost weapons but his real downfall was busting up his shoulder - he was having a very good preseason that year, and would have beat out Geno easily, but was never the same since. He wasn't even able to beat out a seventh round pick in Trevor Siemian in Denver. Now Rex was an idiot for putting him into the 4th Q of a preseason game, but an injury is a flukey thing.

I already admitted that the probably screwed up Darnold, but that's because McC was an idiot GM that failed to draft and o-line ad Gase being a terrible playcaller. I'm not sure what he could have been - he was always turnover prone even in college - but they surely did not do him aby favors. Mac is already gone and Gase will be before Trevor could be drafted.

Who is the 4th?

Yeah I'm sure that was his terrible 4th example. That was just a horrendous pick and everyone knew it. Only one other team even bothered to give him a shot and he failed miserbably in Oakland also.
Pennington

sanchez

Smith

Darnold

in 18 years.   Trevor should run far away

Users who are viewing this thread