What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 3 Best Plays of the Week (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
You don't have to go into great detail but simply look at the lines this morning and take your 3 best bets. 

Vegas Odds

Indy +3, Det +1.5, Buff -2, Cinci Pk'em...so of all these close lines I loved Cinci getting 2 points earlier this week, I still like them to win the game and a lot of money has come late to Cinci today, not sure that always means success but a lot of professional gamblers like to place their bets on Sunday Morning after they get a full injury report and such. I like Indy quite a bit today, felt they played well last week and Tennessee was so up for Cleveland that I think they might be in for a slight return to Earth this week. I don't know how you can take the Giants other than it's in their stadium, maybe pride after last week? After the Phins they looked the worst on defense with Receivers wide open all day last week. Lions upset Chargers, they dominated for 3.5 quarters last week until they fell asleep. 

Balt -13, NE -18.5, Dallas -6, HOU -7.5, KC -7...most of these games are largely believed to be blowouts. I believe AZ can cover the 13, Baltimore looked amazing vs a Junior Varsity level squad let's be real. I don't know how you can not take New England if you must bet that game. I do like the Skins getting 6 although they are not a good football team. I think it was indictment of Philly last week which I'll get to in a minute. Houston was favored by almost 10, the line has moved and I don't really understand why. Jacksonville is rolling with an unheralded rookie QB, I'm not buying a ticket for that ride just yet. Chiefs sustained a terrible injury last week, Oakland might be able to keep this closer than some think. Josh Jacobs is the goods, they seem united behind Gruden, this is going to be a playoff level game today, you bet your ###!!! 

Pitt -4, LARams -3, Green Bay -3...These games have pretty solid teams and you can make arguments either way which usually means you should pass on betting them however...The Steelers are being hailed this week as that bounce back team, we've seen them do it numerous times in the past, Seattle is traveling cross country but...Seattle played a tough game at home alst week, managed to wi and they are going to be a team that gets bette each week with the development of young players but a good leader in Wilson. I'm not sure I like all this money rolling onto Pittsburgh but nderstand why folks lean that way. I didn't think the Saints looked that good last week but they did erupt in the 3rd Q. I don't see them beating the Rams who were in total control last week despite the 30-27 Final. I'm not sure why Green Bay is the favorite here but I want to see the Vikings repeat what they did to Atlanta last week, if they are even 75% that good on the road, might be a long day for the Packers who are not dialed in on offense yet...The Vikings sure seemed to be comfortable with who they are. 

And finally...I like Atlanta tonight as +1.5 underdog at home. They have a tough schedule ahead of them and this is virtually a must win or they are going to be in big trouble. I like teams that have a lot of talent and get backed into the corner early in the season. I expect the Falcons to open up on offense and this could be a shootout but I am expecting Atlanta to clear somewhere in the 35-45 points area on offense, they may surrender 21-28 to the Eagles but they are going to score as much as it takes to get their first win of the season. 

My top 3 this week are going to be Cinci (Pk'em), LA Rams -3, Atlanta +1.5 

Other games I like...Indy +3, Det +1.5, Buff -2, Hou -7.5, 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals are my top pick of the week too. Also like Chargers -1.5 at the Lions and Oakland getting 7 pts at home. (although I liked it much better early in the week when it opened at 8.5)

I guess this is why it's all about the vig. 

My top-3 are:

Cowboys-6, I don't think Washington will hit the big plays they did on Philly, and Dallas won't sleepwalk through the 1st half. 

Patriots-18.5, this is going to be a massacre. This spread could be 30, and I'm still not sure I'd take Miami, though it wouldn't be a top-3 confidence play in that case.

Titans-3, I've been on the Titans all offseason as the best team in the AFC south. No reason to turn away now. I also don't think the Colts are very good.

My top 3 this week are going to be Cinci (Pk'em), LA Rams -3, Atlanta +1.5 
One thing that makes this hobby so fun, is that informed people can still have wildly different opinions. I like SF, NO, and Philly to all win today.

Bengals are my top pick of the week too. Also like Chargers -1.5 at the Lions and Oakland getting 7 pts at home. (although I liked it much better early in the week when it opened at 8.5)

I guess this is why it's all about the vig. 
That's how you do it!!

O-3. 

Let's try this  again. (I'm a glutton for punishment)

Bills -6 hosting the Bengals

Falcons +1.5 at the Colts

49ers -6.5 hosting the Steelers 

Who do you have?

I don't like any of the lines this week.  If I had to go with 3, I would go 

NE -21  The Jets are on their 3rd string QB.  He looked ok, but he was #3 for a reason.  NE does not let up, and I just see them running away with it again.  I like them for another defensive score in this game which will guarantee the line.

TB -5.5  I see a bit of a bounce back week for JW.  He might even complete one to Mike Evans.  Giants just aren't very good, and they will have a hard time doing much, though I do think they look a little better today with Jones.  TB should win this by a TD, so I'll take that.

Sea - 4.5  Again going against a backup QB.  It just seems like the play.  Seattle will be out to prove week 1 at home was not who they are, and NO won't have enough of an answer.  I do see it being a relatively low scoring game, but Seattle will get just enough to cover.

My picks for the week in a very difficult week for selections:

Denver +7 1/2 at GB: must win game for Denver. Denver seemed to figure things out offensively late last game against Chicago and I think that carries over this week. Fangio also knows Rodgers and packers extremely well. They may not win but they will at least keep it close. 

New England -21 vs jets: should be another easy win for the pats. Expecting 30+ point win.

Houston +3 at chargers: injuries piling up for chargers and they just don’t look the same as last year. Lack of a kicker may hurt again as well for the chargers. 

Good luck all! 

Atlanta +1.5 vs Indy seems tempting. I like the Falcons to look better than they have the last couple weeks and finish drives. If Matt Ryan would avoid turnovers when the team is up 10 points you might see a better ground game from Atlanta than we have seen so far. Freeman in the 25-30 range on rankings throughout the internet this week...blasphemy!!!

Lots of home favs today...KC -5.5, BUF -6, GB -7, PHI -4.5, and then DAL -22, NE -21 and MN -9...I like Cinci and the points, think Detroit could surprise a few people today. 

I like Jones taking over in New York, I'll take the NYG +6, think they can keep it close and perhaps get their first win of the season. 

I like Hou +3 and SEA -4.5 at home in the late games.

If I had to bet 3 games today...honestly the first two weeks were much easier IMHO. It's a week to reset teams and make fools of the avg fans who think they have it all figured out. 

3 Favs you should probably take...Dallas -22, KC -5.5, MN -9

3 teams that could surprise as road dogs...NYG +6, Pitt +6.5, Cinci +6...those all look enticing. 

3 Best Bets...Atl +1.5, Hou +3, LARams -3.5

Upset: Denver+7

Users who are viewing this thread