What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

R.I.P. Ric Ocasek (1 Viewer)

Great band. He was so underrated. Rocking out listening to them now.

She's my best friend's girl

She's my best friend's girl

But she used to be mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer

I loved that Candy-O album and as a young fellah I also loved the album cover. I remember getting an iron on decal on of that album cover on  a t shirt . Those were fun days!!!

I did see them in concert and they were not very good live. Very wooden.

Anyone who grew up watching MTV in 1984 knows the Cars and knows them well.  The videos for Magic, You Might Think and Drive were all played like crazy, and Hello Again got a fair amount of play as well.   I called the Cars my favorite band for a while because of the Heartbeat City vinyl. 
Born in 74 but did not grow up watching very much MTV

He and The Cars were a little before my time but I remember the video they did with the high rise building and looking in on the girl.  I was young when I saw it and was one of the first cooler music videos I remember.

wOw - no matter how old you get, you think of your contemporaries as too young to die....

I knew Ric only to say hi to cuz i had a friend in his band, but appreciated that, even tho he was not a native, he always respected Boston as a music town. When he hit with the Cars later on, he put his money where his mouth is by buying Intermedia Studio and, as SynchroSound, made sure the city had a recording venue that was more about music than money. I was out of town and out of the business in all but name by then, but he was always generous & supportive to our B Sharp clients. RIP -

I was watching an old Jeff Carisi  youtube just last week. 

He gave a ton of credit to The Cars for helping .38 Special redefine their sound from being just another southern rock band into a 80's hit maker. Simply by copying their simple 1/8 note pattern. 

I always figured he'd made a deal with the devil to get Paulina P.  Now I see it - "you can marry this SI Swimsuit Goddess, but you only get to live to 75".  I think a lot of us would have taken that deal...

Don't Noonan said:
My dad was too cheap to have cable so I only watched MTV occasionally at friends house
Same here, but they were played all over the radio dial as well.

Users who are viewing this thread