Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Rams vs. Browns - Week 3

Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

Where was OBJ in the 4th Quarter of tonight's game? That's when I really noticed he was not targeted very much.

He had a big play vs a woeful Jets team, what else has he really done? 

Running 30 yard go routes along side another Wr running the same route with an OL that can't block for more than 2 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Where was OBJ in the 4th Quarter of tonight's game? That's when I really noticed he was not targeted very much.

He had a big play vs a woeful Jets team, what else has he really done? 

They don't throw it to him downfield, so unless he breaks a big run after the catch, he is going to have a lot of 7/70 games.

He looks fine to me.  Has to have the opportunity to make some plays downfield.  

Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

Pretty sure on the 3rd and goal he had Landry (?) on a slant for what might have been a TD. 

Mayfield feels pressure that’s not there and just takes off. 

I think it was Odell but I saw that too. Unfortunately he ran the slant to the left so he might as well have been in outer space.

9 minutes ago, PizzaDeliveryGuy said:

You aren't wrong and I want to pile on but he also hasn't had time to get to his 2nd read a lot of time.

That's somewhat true, but he is breaking the pocket at times when he doesn't need to and running INTO pressure. Not sure if it's because when the pocket closes in a bit he can't see or he just gets antsy and bails.

And it's be interesting to see from someone who is breaking down the All-22 tape whether guys really aren't open or Mayfield is just holding the ball unable to pull the trigger at times. Because there were definitely plenty of times in the game where he held onto the ball for quite a long time without pressure and didn't pull the trigger.