What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

(Acting) Director of National Intelligence Testimony Thread (1 Viewer)

By Greg Miller ,

Shane Harris and

Karoun Demirjian

September 25 at 2:44 PM

The acting director of national intelligence threatened to resign over concerns that the White House might attempt to force him to stonewall Congress when he testifies Thursday about an explosive whistleblower complaint about the president, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

By Greg Miller ,

Shane Harris and

Karoun Demirjian

The acting director of national intelligence threatened to resign over concerns that the White House might attempt to force him to stonewall Congress when he testifies Thursday about an explosive whistleblower complaint about the president, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with the matter.
The (a)DNI denies he ever thought about quitting. WaPo stands by the story. 

Not really important in the grand scheme, just some disagreement on how staunchly McGuire intends to pursue this.

I doubt we are going to get any juicy stuff here.

Maybe some further clarification on why he believes he is not required to turnover the whistleblower complaints - which is allegedly being disclosed later today.

Maybe some further clarification on why he believes he is not required to turnover the whistleblower complaints - which is allegedly being disclosed later today.
Maybe not, but it sure seems to me he wants to get some things off his chest

Maybe not, but it sure seems to me he wants to get some things off his chest
This is a CYA testimony.  He does not want to be left holding the bag, he wants to do everything he can to move this complaint "off his desk".

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a CYA testimony.  He does not want to be left holding the bag, he wants to do everything he can to move this complaint away from him.
It is also testimony that could threaten the career of the Attorney general and by extension the President

By Greg Miller ,

Shane Harris and

Karoun Demirjian

Fake news

Ugh...why is Schiff doing this?  It's such a bad look.  Just stick to the facts and not dub it with partisan spin.  
It’s not a good look to us, who have been following this story. But to most folks who are just learning about all of this, the key is to shape public opinion because he knows that’s what the other side will do. The Democrats have finally realized what Trump has known for years: optics are everything. 

Adam Schiff:

"Yesterday, we were presented with the most graphic evidence yet that the president of the United States has betrayed his oath of office, betrayed his oath to defend our national security, and betrayed his oath to defend our Constitution."

“It would be funny if it wasn’t such a graphic betrayal of the president’s oath of office,” 
Nunes:

Fake news

Schiff to acting DNI Maguire:

You strike me as a good man, "which makes your actions over the last month all the more bewildering. Why you chose not to provide the complaint to this committee as required by law ... Why you chose to go to ... Bill Barr, who himself is implicated."
maguire blinked like 10k times during this portion

The one area where I might quibble is in the issue of how the transcripts were being stored - maybe you could say that fit within the umbrella of the acting DNI.

But, certainly the conduct of the President is not something that falls under the DNI's jurisdiction - in terms of admonishing the conduct.

To recap:

After receiving the Whistleblower Complaint, DNI Joseph Maguire went to the White House first with the complaint and then went to the Barr-led DOJ (both were subjects in the complaint) before deciding not to follow the law and hand it to Congress.
wat

Users who are viewing this thread