Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

**OFFICIAL** New York Mets

MindCrime

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

someone needs to explain showalter using williams in a 2-1 game with a chance to sweep when you have ottavino and may.  i mean, why not use williams last night in a 4-0, 5-0 game and have ottavino and may today.  if ottavino isn’t available, then may for more than 3 outs.  no wonder why buck keeps getting fired.

4 hours ago, Chemical X said:

someone needs to explain showalter using williams in a 2-1 game with a chance to sweep when you have ottavino and may.  i mean, why not use williams last night in a 4-0, 5-0 game and have ottavino and may today.  if ottavino isn’t available, then may for more than 3 outs.  no wonder why buck keeps getting fired.

On the Twitters it was mentioned that Williams and Shreve were the last two players on the Opening Day roster who had yet to play and Buck was insistent on getting them both into today's game. 

11 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

On the Twitters it was mentioned that Williams and Shreve were the last two players on the Opening Day roster who had yet to play and Buck was insistent on getting them both into today's game. 

why?  is this little league?

12 hours ago, Chemical X said:

why?  is this little league?

That was my first thought, but after calming down… it was game 4 of a 162 game season, condensed by a week and after a short spring training. I’m not crucifying Buck on that one. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MindCrime said:

And we may have just lost Walker and May in the same game. Uggh. Although Peterson looked good.

so, he doesn’t want to overwork guys early and play everyone, yet he asks may to get more than 4 outs for the first time in 2 years.  then brings in rodriguez instead of lugo.  really not understanding this…

• 4 weeks later...

Shame on me. Turned it off in the 5th inning to watch a show with the wife. (To be fair, i have been hogging the living room tv with Mets games as of late, so I thought this was a perfect night for some goodwill). Oops.

Before bed, i saw the box score. Didn’t go on social media for recaps- went straight to the mlb app and watched from the end of the 8th on. Absolutely amazing!