What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL** New York Mets (1 Viewer)

someone needs to explain showalter using williams in a 2-1 game with a chance to sweep when you have ottavino and may.  i mean, why not use williams last night in a 4-0, 5-0 game and have ottavino and may today.  if ottavino isn’t available, then may for more than 3 outs.  no wonder why buck keeps getting fired.

someone needs to explain showalter using williams in a 2-1 game with a chance to sweep when you have ottavino and may.  i mean, why not use williams last night in a 4-0, 5-0 game and have ottavino and may today.  if ottavino isn’t available, then may for more than 3 outs.  no wonder why buck keeps getting fired.
On the Twitters it was mentioned that Williams and Shreve were the last two players on the Opening Day roster who had yet to play and Buck was insistent on getting them both into today's game. 

And we may have just lost Walker and May in the same game. Uggh. Although Peterson looked good.
so, he doesn’t want to overwork guys early and play everyone, yet he asks may to get more than 4 outs for the first time in 2 years.  then brings in rodriguez instead of lugo.  really not understanding this…

Shame on me. Turned it off in the 5th inning to watch a show with the wife. (To be fair, i have been hogging the living room tv with Mets games as of late, so I thought this was a perfect night for some goodwill). Oops.

Before bed, i saw the box score. Didn’t go on social media for recaps- went straight to the mlb app and watched from the end of the 8th on. Absolutely amazing! 

Pete is who he is and you can't knock him due to his success but I feel bad for him and wish he could just relax and have fun at the HR Derby. He always seems to be in his own head too much.

The Mets are interested in both Contreras and Happ, but are hesitant to trade with the Cubs because it looks like Pete Crow-Armstrong has all-star potential, and the Mets are still embarrassed about that deal.

Low expectations but hopefully they can stay competitive throughout the season.
The big question will be an Alonso extension. Not sure if they're waiting until the trade deadline to see if they're still in it.
Hopefully Alvarez can continue to improve and either Baty or Vientos steps up.

Not much to say about the pitching. Far cry from how last season started. They could actually be a solid, yet boring, group that can keep them in games at least.

Lets Go Mets!

JD Martinez will help.
agree, but i am baffled with the CF job being gifted to bader, he is awful. quintana as a number 1 means there be many 9-6 games and i fear an overworked BP. no idea about this manager. team seems unathletic. curious if a slight tear down is coming to make way.

Users who are viewing this thread