What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How did I do this bad? Stunned (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
I thought I drafted a solid team.  The rate my team app said I had an 80% chance of making the playoffs with good in season management,  I am 0-3 and have SUCKED in all 3.  This was my draft in a 12 team redraft non-PPR league.

QB - D Watson, K Murray 

RB - Chubb, Carson, M Sanders, R Freeman, Bernard

WR - T Hill, Ridley, Gallup, C Samuel, A Miller

TE - Andrews, Rudolf

TD - Chargers

K - Maher

Honestly, do any of you see this as a total bust of a team?  I need to know where I went wrong so I don't repeat this debacle next year.  Family pride is on the line here.

I thought I drafted a solid team.  The rate my team app said I had an 80% chance of making the playoffs with good in season management,  I am 0-3 and have SUCKED in all 3.  This was my draft in a 12 team redraft non-PPR league.

QB - D Watson, K Murray 

TE - Andrews, Rudolf

TD - Chargers

K - Maher

Honestly, do any of you see this as a total bust of a team?  I need to know where I went wrong so I don't repeat this debacle next year.  Family pride is on the line here.
Unproven players and injuries

lots of questions marks on that roster, coupled with injuries.  The rate my team thing is so dumb, I wouldn’t read anything into that.  

QB - D Watson, K Murray 

TE - Andrews, Rudolf

TD - Chargers

K - Maher

Please. That's nothing. You should see my post draft roster. My team looked great. And yet today I'm going to score the fewest points I've ever scored in a long history of fantasy. There's no way you're as unlucky as I am, so take solace in that.

lots of questions marks on that roster, coupled with injuries.  The rate my team thing is so dumb, I wouldn’t read anything into that.  
Yeah I'm thinking it isn't much use.  I am still baffled.  The starters all seemed good and yeah, losing Hill hurts but.  

Please. That's nothing. You should see my post draft roster. My team looked great. And yet today I'm going to score the fewest points I've ever scored in a long history of fantasy. There's no way you're as unlucky as I am, so take solace in that.
Thanks.  Good to know I have company.  Shared misery.

OK.  Which were unproven?  I think my starters other than TE were all proven.  Not debating just asking what level of experience I need to look for.
QB - D Watson, K Murray 

TE - Andrews, Rudolf

TD - Chargers

Watson is risky (though I do like the guy, a lot - generally I'd like a more solid backup than a rookie QB, but I did take Watson with Mariota and trubisky so what do I know?)

Chubb clearly looks great today.

You took a lot more rookies and second year guys than I'd like to in redraft. 

OK.  Which were unproven?  I think my starters other than TE were all proven.  Not debating just asking what level of experience I need to look for.
Most of your team really? That’s a young team, majority of those guys are first and second year players at first glance.  Minus hill, your entire wr corps are unproven guys.  Were you really that excited about that roster after the draft? 

QB - D Watson, K Murray 

TE - Andrews, Rudolf

TD - Chargers

Watson is risky (though I do like the guy, a lot - generally I'd like a more solid backup than a rookie QB, but I did take Watson with Mariota and trubisky so what do I know?)

Chubb clearly looks great today.

You took a lot more rookies and second year guys than I'd like to in redraft. 
Thanks.  Yeah I guess a lot of them are 2nd year guys.  I thought Chubb had proven himself second half last year as a bell cow.  Looking like a miss on Ridley.  And yeah, too many RBs without track record.   

Also frustrated with my competition.  This year they've scored 353 non-PPR points in the first 3 weeks.  That is 30 more than the next.  But My team has been lame so I;'d have lost if they scored normally.  

Most of your team really? That’s a young team, majority of those guys are first and second year players at first glance.  Minus hill, your entire wr corps are unproven guys.  Were you really that excited about that roster after the draft? 
Yeah.  I thought it was a winning team that would improve as the year went on when Sanders earned full time work and perhaps Freeman beat out Lindsay.   I knew the WR after Hill were shallow.  But not this bad.  I thought Ridley was a safe bet.  Bet wrong it seems.

OK.  I want to thank everyone that responded to this thread.  It was a cry for help.  You guys answered.  And honestly.  I agree  I took too many guys with short track records.   I may still have a decent team going forward when Hill returns but too many WRs with limited floors killed me.  Thanks

Thanks.  Yeah I guess a lot of them are 2nd year guys.  I thought Chubb had proven himself second half last year as a bell cow.  Looking like a miss on Ridley.  And yeah, too many RBs without track record.   

Also frustrated with my competition.  This year they've scored 353 non-PPR points in the first 3 weeks.  That is 30 more than the next.  But My team has been lame so I;'d have lost if they scored normally.  
We're clearly using different criteria if you're calling a guy who had good games in the single digits "proven"

-OZ- said:
We're clearly using different criteria if you're calling a guy who had good games in the single digits "proven"
I would have said Chubb doesn't have the same risk as most 2nd year backs because he had a proven path to touches going into this year.  I would have put him on the same "proven" designation as Carson (which you marked as proven). 

Users who are viewing this thread