What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Looks like Leafs D is going to be a treat to watch.
This comment may have been about Ceci? but...

As the number one Jake Gardiner fan in these parts, I think I'm already willing to admit that Tyson Barrie is much slicker, smoother, creative in the offensive zone. Holy ####. 

As the number one Jake Gardiner fan in these parts, I think I'm already willing to admit that Tyson Barrie is much slicker, smoother, creative in the offensive zone. Holy ####. 
On the goal to Mikheyev I was thinking I am going to miss those plays.

As for the D - it just seemed like in the first half of the game they were giving up some big breakaways and killer chances down the middle. Could have been 4-0 Sens in the first

Trevor Moore had a great game - but all Pioneers play well in my book. Leafs have 2 in Moore and Shore. I remember when they were freshmen at DU - lots of fun to watch them carve out a career in hockey no matter how big or small.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the goal to Mikheyev I was thinking I am going to miss those plays.

As for the D - it just seemed like in the first half of the game they were giving up some big breakaways and killer chances down the middle. Could have been 4-0 Sens in the first

Trevor Moore had a great game - but all Pioneers play well in my book. Leafs have 2 in Moore and Shore. I remember when they were freshmen at DU - lots of fun to watch them carve out a career in hockey no matter how big or small.
Moore is a real nice player, commented on it to a friend tonight. Can play up and down the lineup but either way finds a way to make an impact. I'm not sure on Shore but I get why the Leafs brought him in. 

Leafs D... I don't get why Ceci is here but Rielly, Muzzin, Barrie, Dermott hopefully works as an eventful top 4 with Sandin and whoever, maybe someone not on the roster rounding out the top 6. 

The D needs to be better and this team needs to play anyone but Boston in round one. 

The season starts tomorrow for me, technically. The Lightning will try to get the taste of broom out of their mouths as they take on the Panthers.

That was fun tonight. Did not see very many sharks fans at t-mobile. Well played game by VGK making minimal mistakes. Fleury probably should have given us donuts. Road might be a bit tougher without Nate Schmidt for the foreseeable future though. Losing your top dman is no bueno. 

Barrie's offense is legit.  He will struggle at times deep in his own zone though.

Treat him well.

Avalanche lines versus Calgary:

Landy - MacK - Rantanen

Bura - Kadri - Jost

Nieto - Compher - Donskoi

Calvert - Bellemare - Nichushkin

Defense:

Girard-Makar

Zadorov-Johnson

Graves-Timmins

Nice.

I love the Rangers, but there seems to be a disconnect between what I want to see happen and Coach Quinn.

Cautiously optimistic it will work for the best, but I get sick to my stomach seeing Brendan Smith starting at forward ffs.  Lias Anderson centering a 4th line with Smith and Lemieux, how exactly is this going to good for his growth?  A top 10 pick as a 4th line grinder?  Chytyl and Kratsov sent down, I just don't see much offense coming out of anything after the top 6.

I am kinda excited to see how the defense works out.  A few very good guys and a few with high potential should make for some mistakes and some offense.  I think the offseason moves have set the bar much higher than this team is going to achieve this year, but well positioned for the next few years.  

I love the Rangers, but there seems to be a disconnect between what I want to see happen and Coach Quinn.

Cautiously optimistic it will work for the best, but I get sick to my stomach seeing Brendan Smith starting at forward ffs.  Lias Anderson centering a 4th line with Smith and Lemieux, how exactly is this going to good for his growth?  A top 10 pick as a 4th line grinder?  Chytyl and Kratsov sent down, I just don't see much offense coming out of anything after the top 6.

I am kinda excited to see how the defense works out.  A few very good guys and a few with high potential should make for some mistakes and some offense.  I think the offseason moves have set the bar much higher than this team is going to achieve this year, but well positioned for the next few years.  
Michael Haley tho!

You guys are both wrong, Quinton Byfield is going #1 overall this year. Already passing Lafreniere on a couple lists. 
Byfield is man amongst boys no doubt. For the record I didn't say Stranges would go ahead of him tho - or Lafreniere - was just throwing him out there as he's probably not well known. Also, wanted to post the vid of his 10/2 skating style.

If you had "Marc Staal on a wraparound" as the first NYR goal this season, raise your hand.

Governor's Cup game in Tampa is pretty close. Lightning just made it 4-2 courtesy of a Maroon goal.

Girard opens the scoring for the Avs 2019-2020 season.

It seems impossible but they look even faster

Sorry guys we have another Duchene situation. Avs just scored after Landeskog knocked puck down with high stick - sent it over to Miko for a beauty backhander. But look for non-called high sticks knocking down puck to be added to a review

Not a pretty sight in Dallas. Polak missed his check on Wagner in the corner and went head-first into the boards. Just taken off on a stretcher and immobilized.

:sadbanana:

Users who are viewing this thread