What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

If MTL were to lose next 2 and TOR stumble,  more pressure on Lafreniere in which hockey hotbed?

On one hand you have the whole French Canadian aspect and Price.  On the other hand you have a win-now team that has looked like it has plenty of talent but doomed by questions on the backend.

Flyers look fierce 
Saturday is the day we see how this Eastern Conference may go. Might be a little chippy with both teams trying to send the other a message since there isn't much to lose with a loss this game. Tampa Bay can be frightening, so would be a good series

Last night was so Toronto. I was so happy when Robertson scored but it was only serving to make the gut punch hurt even more. 
You are so right.

Dangle said it so well on his LFR channel:

• First goal for Ceci since October (also against CBJ)
  • First playoff shorthanded goal by a defenseman since the 70s
  • NHL goal of a young player we think can be a force - first teenager to score a playoff goal for us since Ted Teeter Kennedy before D-Day
  • Another game out of countless games where, just as we are given some glimmer of hope, we inexplicably blow it.
Was feeling really good about storming to a 3-0 lead. CBG scores, I'm like, "OK, let's keep pressure on and keep dominating play as we have been."

Then, at 3-2, simply knowing we're going to lose. 

Life of a Leafs fan, what can you say.

Milbury cutting edge analysis "Penguins  need to create more pressure on Carey Price."

Easy there, Captain Obvious,  I think the preferred cliche is "more pucks on net."

Kevin bieksa is one of the intermission panelists on sportsnet. Im impressed. Sounds like he's been doing this for years. He's a natural. 

Yotes TV saying this is their first playoff series win since 2012.

They still can't agree on whether these are actual playoff series or not.

(Small nit to pick, for sure ... I think the NHL has done pretty much everything else right with this so far.)

Dickie Dunn said:
Yotes TV saying this is their first playoff series win since 2012.

They still can't agree on whether these are actual playoff series or not.

(Small nit to pick, for sure ... I think the NHL has done pretty much everything else right with this so far.)
Totally agree with the bolded. NBA seems to have a solid similar model. MLB and NFL (when season starts) are not going to go as well.

To me, this is the playoffs. Period.

They can call it a play-in, and yes, it's a different approach than usual. But just like the playoffs, only a certain number of teams are left playing. 

And not everyone is playing round robin for seeding. These 5-game series are for keeps, just like the regular playoffs, and the teams (and refs) are playing it exactly like playoff hockey.

It’s pretty obviously playoff hockey. We all know 16 teams usually make it but this is an apocalyptic year so I think everybody can roll with it. 

And the pens have been eliminated by the worst team in playoff history.  What an embarrassment, entire team  other than Jarry should be ashamed. The door has officially been shut on this group of players.

Last edited by a moderator:
@JoshYohe_PGH: I’m not often critical of Mike Sullivan, but Schultz/Johnson (31:48 combined) having more even strength minutes today than Marino/Pettersson (30:44 combined) is startling.

12 seeds run the table.

Edmonton will win the lottery guaranteed.....

And still not put together a winning team.

Lets Go FLYERS!!!  Just kidding.  On a more serious note, is there any way hockey can just switch to this playoff format going forward?  It's actually really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread