What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

I agree, but they are being counted as playoff games and series. They talked about how it was Phoenix's first playoff series wins in 3,000+ days.
There is very little consistency. I also see plenty of talk about how teams like Chicago made it into the playoffs after winning the series that just ended. 

@BroadStBull: Hedman still in locker room as second starts. Major loss for TB.

ETA

@TBLightning: Update: #TBLightning defenseman Victor Hedman will not return to tonight’s game. #PHIvsTBL

Last edited by a moderator:
Rutherford saying Sullivan should win the Jack Adams is like Peter Laviollete saying Claude Giroux is the best player in the world.  You go to bat for your guy.

I'd say Penguin fandom (I am one) has been rumbling on Sully for 2yrs.  Started to reach a fever pitch with the Islander sweep.  End of this regular season was terrible.
ehh, will disagree little with that comparison. Jack Johnson and Sullivan will be fun for a few years hopefully

Is there anyway they can get anybody else in the booth for these playoffs, and just kick Milbury which is long overdue. Dude brings nothing to the broadcast, zero insight, and is just generally dopey

Both penalties looked soft and Blake effin Coleman really sold the second 
yeah, it hasn't been bad, but that 2 in a row on a sketchy cross check call hurt a bit. but we can move on, would love to see the Flyers PP get one at some point. or the 1st line get some nice scoring chances

Last edited by a moderator:
did every single Lightning fan sign that piece of glass with just "Let's go Bolts"? kind of wish they would have just dropped that when they were putting it up

did every single Lightning fan sign that piece of glass with just "Let's go Bolts"? kind of wish they would have just dropped that when they were putting it up
You’re so much more bitter in here than the nba thread and your team here is actually good and doesn’t have the most overrated player in the league. 

You’re so much more bitter in here than the nba thread and your team here is actually good and doesn’t have the most overrated player in the league. 
ehh not bitter. Thinking i am enjoying some good hockey and to be honest i am very thankful the Flyers won't have to see the Lightning until the conference finals again. Scary team. 

I just wish the fans would have been a little more creative writing on that glass, could be nice and simple... "Hooray Stamos" or anything. 

ehh not bitter. Thinking i am enjoying some good hockey and to be honest i am very thankful the Flyers won't have to see the Lightning until the conference finals again. Scary team. 

I just wish the fans would have been a little more creative writing on that glass, could be nice and simple... "Hooray Stamos" or anything. 
Took a screenshot of ours when they showed it. At least 10 other people on the frame in the area. Not one said let’s go bolts. :shrug:  

My kid and I signed that glass btw. Cool to see it on tv. 
wow, congrats on that. definitely is a good idea by the team to do something creative like that. 

and this 3rd period feels like it is just a matter of time before LIghtning sneaks one in. I get the Flyers focusing on defense, but if Lightning sneak one in i think they can win this with how the Flyers are settling too much

wow, congrats on that. definitely is a good idea by the team to do something creative like that. 

and this 3rd period feels like it is just a matter of time before LIghtning sneaks one in. I get the Flyers focusing on defense, but if Lightning sneak one in i think they can win this with how the Flyers are settling too much
They’re a very fan friendly org. Love supporting them. 

Bolts aren’t winning this game and at this point all I hope for is Hedman is ok. 

They’re a very fan friendly org. Love supporting them. 

Bolts aren’t winning this game and at this point all I hope for is Hedman is ok. 
yeah, would be a shame if it is something serious in these lead up games to the playoffs (RIP Ben Simmons). If they lose it could be them and Columbus, which could be a good momentum builder for Lightning. Have to think they would be super motivated for that one

i think it is crazy how succesful the NHL has been dealing with Covid, and just amazing how stubborn the NFL is to not comment on this and suggest they try something the same. Move the bubble to Texas, or California or something where there are a bunch of stadiums and let them play the whole season that way. i get the union's and others weighing in, but man i can see the NFL regretting not being smarter to prep for the season

yeah, would be a shame if it is something serious in these lead up games to the playoffs (RIP Ben Simmons). If they lose it could be them and Columbus, which could be a good momentum builder for Lightning. Have to think they would be super motivated for that one
If they can’t get up to get revenge against Columbus after last year then screw them. 

I probably won't be able to sleep tonight because of this either. 

Michael Stainbrook @Stainbrook419

Congratulations to Connor McDavid for setting the NHL record for most playoff points in a season in which his team did not qualify for the playoffs.
9 playoff points for McDavid this year and his team didn't even make the playoffs.

pretty neat.

y-Vegas Golden Knights@GoldenKnights

coLorado avaLanche

4:04 PM · Aug 8, 2020

That's some nice trolling. Like how they added the 'y" to their twitter handle.

@SWhyno: Tuesday NHL games (Eastern):
Blue Jackets-Lightning, 3 
Flames-Stars, 5:30
Hurricanes-Bruins, 8
Blackhawks-Golden Knights, 10:30

Means Canadiens-Flyers, Islanders-Capitals, Avalanche-Coyotes and Canucks-Blues start Wednesday

@SWhyno: Tuesday NHL games (Eastern):
Blue Jackets-Lightning, 3 
Flames-Stars, 5:30
Hurricanes-Bruins, 8
Blackhawks-Golden Knights, 10:30

Means Canadiens-Flyers, Islanders-Capitals, Avalanche-Coyotes and Canucks-Blues start Wednesday
@SWhyno: Wednesday:
Islanders-Capitals, 3
Coyotes-Avalanche, 5:30
Canadiens-Flyers, 8
Canucks-Blues, 10:30

Users who are viewing this thread