What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

@2Murphy8: Might go purchase some cheap & breakable items for the "Penguins get the first overall pick" announcement
I now have 3 teams I would absolutely HATE to win the lottery - Pitt, EDM and TOR. So there's a 37.5% chance I will be throwing something tonight. <_<

JaxBill said:
i was half asleep and had the volume low so I didn't catch this

@506sports: Biggest goal the Leafs have scored in at least 10 years and CBC's Jim Hughson completely botches the call. https://twitter.com/dylanfremlin/status/1291935127711490048
I don't know many who like Hughson.

Back to watching playoff hockey without the Leafs. Yet another year of pain as a Leafs fan. Not sure we ever expect anything else. 

Overall they played well, on the balance more dynamic than CBJ. But couldn't get the puck in when it counted. Normally Steady Freddie let in a really soft goal that was the series decider.

What’s everyone think is the best value and that they would bet for first round series prices?

Cbj +210/Tb -250
Flames -105/stars -115
Canes +140/b’s -160
Hawks +280/vgk -340
Isles +145/caps -165
Yotes +250/avs -300
Habs +180/flyers -210
Nucks +190/blues -220

I personally think the Flyers at -210 is terrific value. Last night I saw on draftkings’s book, Tampa was -195, Columbus +160. Seeing William hill’s odds, no idea why there’s such a gap there. 

What’s everyone think is the best value and that they would bet for first round series prices?

Cbj +210/Tb -250
Flames -105/stars -115
Canes +140/b’s -160
Hawks +280/vgk -340
Isles +145/caps -165
Yotes +250/avs -300
Habs +180/flyers -210
Nucks +190/blues -220

I personally think the Flyers at -210 is terrific value. Last night I saw on draftkings’s book, Tampa was -195, Columbus +160. Seeing William hill’s odds, no idea why there’s such a gap there. 
CBJ, CAL, NYI, MONT, CAR

You're right, and it's the pointing out of the very telling plus/minus that really drove the point home.
One marginal player playing from the five years of 2014-2018 drafts.

They easily have the worst track record in the NHL.

It's embarrassing that you even try to defend it in any form.

Rangers have a proven record of having picks under perform.  No one expected him to score just 10 goals.
Yet every team would still love to have him in their pipeline. Hughes didn’t do much better. That was the norm for 18 year olds until guys like Matthews and Laine blew up right away. 

Yet every team would still love to have him in their pipeline. Hughes didn’t do much better. That was the norm for 18 year olds until guys like Matthews and Laine blew up right away. 
I didn't say it was a bad pick.   Draft picks on the Rangers under perform.

Seriously though I think VGK win it all this year.  Like the makeup of this team.  Not sure +550 is enough though. Maybe they lose the first game and price gets better.  

Didn't the Rangers also take Hugh Jessiman in the middle of that crazy historic 2003 first round/draft?

(Sorry, Rags guys ... I've taken my share of barbs over Bruins drafting in recent years.)

Words hurt, Brasky.  Rangers have won one Stanley cup in the last 80 ####### years.  First #1 pick in 55 years.  I understand things could be worse but wtf wants to live in Buffalo or Toronto. 

Didn't the Rangers also take Hugh Jessiman in the middle of that crazy historic 2003 first round/draft?

(Sorry, Rags guys ... I've taken my share of barbs over Bruins drafting in recent years.)
Yes. 17 years later, I'm still in pain. Over D. Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler. Probably even more guys. It was torturing enough that I memorized all those names they passed up on.

2010, we picked McIlrath over Fowler and Tarasenko. Vividly remember sitting in front of the TV super happy Tarasenko and Fowler were there. "Just pick one of those guys, please." And then they pick McIlrath totally out of LF. 

Lots of potentially young, exciting talent now. Kakko. Miller. Kravtsov. Lundkvist. Lafrenière (if they don't pick him, I'm going to go bonkers). Shesty isn't too old. Fox. DeAngelo. Probably forgetting someone here. 

Things rarely go as planned so we'll see where the chips fall, but exciting day for us Rangers fans. 

Sorry, nothing to contribute to this conversation as I was watching Laffy highlights all night. Cant wait until the Rangers play the Mighty Getzlafs this year. 

One marginal player playing from the five years of 2014-2018 drafts.

They easily have the worst track record in the NHL.

It's embarrassing that you even try to defend it in any form.
What an impressive range of years that you chose. It just so happened they didn't have 1st round picks in the first 3 of those 5 years.

Jury is out on the 2017 1sts but all three of the 2018 1sts are tracking to be players. You also overlooked Shesterkin in your wiki research on the 2014 draft. 

What an impressive range of years that you chose. It just so happened they didn't have 1st round picks in the first 3 of those 5 years.

Jury is out on the 2017 1sts but all three of the 2018 1sts are tracking to be players. You also overlooked Shesterkin in your wiki research on the 2014 draft. 
I can add a lot more years if you like.

Yes. 17 years later, I'm still in pain. Over D. Brown, Seabrook, Parise, Getzlaf, Burns, Kesler. Probably even more guys. It was torturing enough that I memorized all those names they passed up on.

2010, we picked McIlrath over Fowler and Tarasenko. Vividly remember sitting in front of the TV super happy Tarasenko and Fowler were there. "Just pick one of those guys, please." And then they pick McIlrath totally out of LF. 

Lots of potentially young, exciting talent now. Kakko. Miller. Kravtsov. Lundkvist. Lafrenière (if they don't pick him, I'm going to go bonkers). Shesty isn't too old. Fox. DeAngelo. Probably forgetting someone here. 

Things rarely go as planned so we'll see where the chips fall, but exciting day for us Rangers fans. 
I always laugh at the Kings two picks before Corey Perry also.

112NY RangersHugh Jessiman

113Los AngelesDustin Brown

114ChicagoBrent Seabrook

115NY IslandersRobert Nilsson

116San JoseSteve Bernier

117New JerseyZach Parise

118WashingtonEric Fehr

119AnaheimRyan Getzlaf

120MinnesotaBrent Burns

121BostonMark Stuart

122EdmontonMarc-Antoine Pouliot

123VancouverRyan KeslerC