What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

That was a great 3rd period. That PK led by Marchand about midway through was just dominating and made it seem a tying goal was inevitable. 

What were the thoughts on the goalie interference/no goal? Seemed light to me. I had the volume low and after watching a few replays I thought maybe the call was that the puck was knocked in by hand. 

That was a great 3rd period. That PK led by Marchand about midway through was just dominating and made it seem a tying goal was inevitable. 

What were the thoughts on the goalie interference/no goal? Seemed light to me. I had the volume low and after watching a few replays I thought maybe the call was that the puck was knocked in by hand. 
He definitely leaned on him. I think if it wasn’t called. - fine. I could see it either way 

He definitely leaned on him. I think if it wasn’t called. - fine. I could see it either way 
Agreed. It was enough where they would have never overturned it on a challenge, but not enough where there would have been many complaints if it wasn't called. 

Me: Alexa tell me a hockey joke

Alexa: What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and Charlie Chaplin have in common?

Alexa: You could only enjoy their best in black and white

:lmao: actual Alexa joke

What a period by the Bs. And without Pasta

love Krejci our there. Maybe best I’ve seen him. 
https://twitter.com/hockeydaily365/status/1294074352590139392?s=21

love McAvoy our there. Rips Staals helmet off, Staal crying, ref tells him to man up and put it back on. Then Chucky throwing Dzingle  into the Bs bench on the next sequence 
https://twitter.com/brett_finger/status/1294073675545747456?s=21

keep it up 
He did Svech floored him.  Charlie and Chara cried.

B's can't take it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Getzlaf15 said:
Mercy rule yet?
Sunday night is the time of reckoning.  One thing to have a bad game but they got smoked across the board.  I figured the Canadiens would come out flying after a close loss and now they have A CAUSE.

Hopefully Konecny doesn't have a broken foot.

Sigh.

Blues are getting the better of the play, but are still just off their game a tad, and the Canucks are taking advantage of the few chances they are getting.  Binnington has looked bad on all three goals (one of which was disallowed). 

Binnington is a forever a god in St Louis because of last year, but some of those goals were brutal tonight.  Blues were finally playing well, but their goalie let them down.

Sunday night is the time of reckoning.  One thing to have a bad game but they got smoked across the board.  I figured the Canadiens would come out flying after a close loss and now they have A CAUSE.

Hopefully Konecny doesn't have a broken foot.

Sigh.
yeah the Konecny possible injury is the worst out of all of this. Getting it when the game was pretty much over just sucked. 

and yeah, that game today was just about as bad as it can get for the team. I didn't know it was possible to not get a shot on goal for the first 16 minutes of a game  :toilet:

Rask opts out of playoffs.  Seems odd timing hope everything is okay with him. 
He’s got a newborn and two young girls at home. It was pretty clear his heart wasn’t in it.

Obviously these are crazy times and you don’t begrudge anyone for doing what’s right for their family. That said, there definitely have been questions in the past about Rask’s mental fortitude and this is not going to help ... right or wrong.

Bruins are lucky to have one of the best “backups” in the league. Barring injury to Halak they should be fine.

Blame Elliott/Miller/Allen/Binnington
Goalie jokes aside, while Binnington didn't come up big at all last night, and the team is playing better, there are still too many issues.  They seemed to finally get their game going in the 3rd period, but I don't know what Pietro was doing on the play that resulted in the winning goal in OT.  And Justin Faulk has been an atrocious addition.  He doesn't look like he fits at all with the team.

So, like every fan of his team winning the number 1 pick, I have been thinking what it would take for the Rangers to trade it. 

Sens have 3 and 5. I have taken a look at drafts dating back to 2005 (figured 15 years was a good number)

In my opinion there are 3 slam dunk yes years to make that trade and 1 maybe since the Oilers screwed it up. 

The 3 yes years are 2006, 2014 and 2017

2006- Erik Johnson at 1. Towes and Kessel 3 and 5 (duh)

2014- Ekblad at 1. Draisatl and Dal Colle 3 and 5. Tougher but Draisatl>>>>Ekblad

2017- Hischier at 1. Heiskanan and Petterson and 3 and 5. Um, Im running to the fax machine to sign off on that. 

The Maybe year was 2012. Yakupov at 1 with Galchenyuk and Reilly at 3 and 5. Its a yes, but Yakupov probably shouldn't have gone 1 so.......

So, I have decided that the Rangers should NOT trade the pick for 3 and 5. 

Thank you

So, like every fan of his team winning the number 1 pick, I have been thinking what it would take for the Rangers to trade it. 

Sens have 3 and 5. I have taken a look at drafts dating back to 2005 (figured 15 years was a good number)

In my opinion there are 3 slam dunk yes years to make that trade and 1 maybe since the Oilers screwed it up. 

2014- Ekblad at 1. Draisatl and Dal Colle 3 and 5. Tougher but Draisatl>>>>Ekblad

2017- Hischier at 1. Heiskanan and Petterson and 3 and 5. Um, Im running to the fax machine to sign off on that. 

The Maybe year was 2012. Yakupov at 1 with Galchenyuk and Reilly at 3 and 5. Its a yes, but Yakupov probably shouldn't have gone 1 so.......

Thank you
I'd probably do Dach and Turcotte for Hughes and would consider Huberdeau and Strome for Nugent-Hopkins.  

I would've thought #3 and #5 for #1 would be an easy 'yes' had my team won the lottery, but it's closer than I thought when looking at the actual results (even when you throw out the Crosby and McDavid drafts, since we know Lafreniere isn't regarded as that level of prospect). I'd still probably do it if I were in that position. 

Thank you
It would have to be 3, 5 and + to even think about it.   From what I've read Lafreniere has some dog in him.   Something this team needs more of.

Milbury gonna effing Milbury

@SWhyno: Mike Milbury on Tuukka Rask opting out: “This is gonna be a difficult decision to swallow for Boston Bruins fans.”

Brian Boucher says teammates must be disappointed, but you have to understand family reasons and Bruins should rally around Jaroslav Halak.

I'd probably do Dach and Turcotte for Hughes and would consider Huberdeau and Strome for Nugent-Hopkins.  

I would've thought #3 and #5 for #1 would be an easy 'yes' had my team won the lottery, but it's closer than I thought when looking at the actual results (even when you throw out the Crosby and McDavid drafts, since we know Lafreniere isn't regarded as that level of prospect). I'd still probably do it if I were in that position. 
I think jury is still out on Hughes so I didnt really factor in last year. Some people are saying the Kings will give 2 and Turcotte + to jump to 1. Rangers need Centers. 

I was iffy on the RNH year but decided I would keep 1. could see it either way

I think if the Rangers were a typical small market rebuilding team, you consider it. But having just drafted Kakko last year and being, well, New York, I don’t see how you don’t just take Lafreniere and roll with it.

I think jury is still out on Hughes so I didnt really factor in last year. Some people are saying the Kings will give 2 and Turcotte + to jump to 1. Rangers need Centers. 

I was iffy on the RNH year but decided I would keep 1. could see it either way
Huberdeau>>RNH

that's a no brainer. anything you get from Strome is a bonus.

Milbury gonna effing Milbury

@SWhyno: Mike Milbury on Tuukka Rask opting out: “This is gonna be a difficult decision to swallow for Boston Bruins fans.”

Brian Boucher says teammates must be disappointed, but you have to understand family reasons and Bruins should rally around Jaroslav Halak.
Missed a gold medal or semifinal Olympic game with "illness" if I recall. Nobody forgets these things. People understand, but to go at all then withdraw is sketchy. If family first, no brainer from the get-go. 

Missed a gold medal or semifinal Olympic game with "illness" if I recall. Nobody forgets these things. People understand, but to go at all then withdraw is sketchy. If family first, no brainer from the get-go. 
I think the fact he actually *tried* despite obviously not wanting to do it should be what people take away from it. Guy didn’t want to be there, went, found it was too much to take and said that’s it. Not sure why anybody would consider that a negative during corona, but most sports fans are brain dead meatheads (not implying you of course). 

I admire him doing what he felt was right during a stressful time. If people still can’t separate how meaningless sports are after this year, they never will. 

I think the fact he actually *tried* despite obviously not wanting to do it should be what people take away from it. Guy didn’t want to be there, went, found it was too much to take and said that’s it. Not sure why anybody would consider that a negative during corona, but most sports fans are brain dead meatheads (not implying you of course). 

I admire him doing what he felt was right during a stressful time. If people still can’t separate how meaningless sports are after this year, they never will. 
I agree. I think my response was pretty tepid, but I am disappointed nonetheless. Sounds like a zero percent testing rate and you're likely less secure at home (unless home is in Scandinavia other than Sweden). But to be home is probably the thing with a newborn. I certainly will cut him slack. Thankfully for the Bruins, they have Halak.

While i don't think Chara's hit was over the line but I doubt this homer is so flippant if it is a Bruin injured in such a way. #######.

@RealJackEdwards: What NBC hasn’t shown yet, regarding the unfortunate injury to Svechnikov:  the Carolina wing playing hobby-horse, riding Chara on the back apron of the goal.  You poke the bear, you take your chances.  No one wanted to see Svechnikov hurt, but he bit off more than he could chew.

While i don't think Chara's hit was over the line but I doubt this homer is so flippant if it is a Bruin injured in such a way. #######.

@RealJackEdwards: What NBC hasn’t shown yet, regarding the unfortunate injury to Svechnikov:  the Carolina wing playing hobby-horse, riding Chara on the back apron of the goal.  You poke the bear, you take your chances.  No one wanted to see Svechnikov hurt, but he bit off more than he could chew.
Not even bruins fans take anything this guy says seriously. He’s so far past reality it’s ridiculous 

Users who are viewing this thread