What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

So which series goes 7? 

phi/mtl, stl/van, or both?

im going to say both...  mtl going to come out w a ton of energy and has been once cold from the PP, I think the luck swings the other way. 

I picked the Blues to win this series before it started. They got off to a tough start but since Game 3 are the clear better team. They will stay alive 

@MAGodin: Alain Vigneault: "You don't like to see any player get injured. At the end of the day, I can only state the facts, and the fact is Gallagher got up and his mouth didn't shut up for the next five minutes."

@MAGodin: Vigneault : "I don't know if (Gallagher) aggravated his injury from talking to us so much, I'm not a doctor..."

@charlieo_conn: Alain Vigneault doubling-down on playing the heel in Montreal's eyes is a writer's dream, I've gotta say.

Last edited by a moderator:
JaxBill said:
@MAGodin: Alain Vigneault: "You don't like to see any player get injured. At the end of the day, I can only state the facts, and the fact is Gallagher got up and his mouth didn't shut up for the next five minutes."

@MAGodin: Vigneault : "I don't know if (Gallagher) aggravated his injury from talking to us so much, I'm not a doctor..."

@charlieo_conn: Alain Vigneault doubling-down on playing the heel in Montreal's eyes is a writer's dream, I've gotta say.
Good job Vigneault...seems he didn't forget 2014.  

2014: Habs call Stepan update fishy

"Forward Brendan Gallagher went a step further.

“We’re 100 percent expecting him to play,” Gallagher said. “I’ve seen some broken jaws. Usually can’t talk too much and he seemed to be talking fine. … He went in for surgery, I guess, but I don’t think it’s too serious that it’ll keep him out of the lineup, especially at this time."

Good job Vigneault...seems he didn't forget 2014.  

2014: Habs call Stepan update fishy

"Forward Brendan Gallagher went a step further.

“We’re 100 percent expecting him to play,” Gallagher said. “I’ve seen some broken jaws. Usually can’t talk too much and he seemed to be talking fine. … He went in for surgery, I guess, but I don’t think it’s too serious that it’ll keep him out of the lineup, especially at this time."
lol, deep cut.  nice

Would love a Flyers win tonight, because if they go to a game 7 i don't know what their chances are. Will be a brutal lead up to a Stanley Cup run to have to go through this non-quitting, gritty Montreal team, then the Islanders, and then likely the Lightning who could be healthier at that point. 

2 unlucky bounces. 2 goals down. Clearly not going to be the habs night. 
Flyers capitalizing well. It does seem that the Habs didn’t come out like they did last game or game 2. Real hard to keep that pace up all the time but I think they needed to bring that 100% in these games to win the series. 

the one that will sting I think is game 1 or game 3.  Lots of hockey to go yet though, but the way they look tonight it as worrisome as last game where they looked like they literally willed their way to win 

NHL gets an A++++++++++++ for everything they have done this year.  To be watching the playoffs and have them feel like the normal playoffs is beyond awesome.
I don't agree that this feels like the normal playoffs, but it's still pretty darn good. And I agree that the NHL gets an A+++++++++++.  They have done as good a job as you can imagine given the situation.

I don't agree that this feels like the normal playoffs, but it's still pretty darn good.
It's close. I agree with both of you. It's close enough to be a playoff atmosphere, regardless of how abnormal the situation is.

A freaking plus to the max to the NHL and to Canada for treating the outbreak with the seriousness it deserved. It's a good thing the NHL does serious business there. 

Drouin made the pass. Hes skating well now. 

I feel like I should rip on domi now maybe get him going.
Thanks. Watching with the volume down and don't know the guys by skating style (couldn't get the number).  #15 (Kotkaniemi) just had a really weird dominating yet awful shift where play ran through him but he a) almost tripped over his own skates b) had the puck or was in position to have it all the time and sort of flailed with it. 

Thanks. Watching with the volume down and don't know the guys by skating style (couldn't get the number).  #15 (Kotkaniemi) just had a really weird dominating yet awful shift where play ran through him but he a) almost tripped over his own skates b) had the puck or was in position to have it all the time and sort of flailed with it. 
Thats him to a T.

Philly better up their game 20x for the next round.  Montreal isn't a very good team yet flyers have 7 whole shots in half the game. 

This drouin guy is pretty good.

Suzuki not bad either.
without a doubt, Suzuki is exceptional. funny enough if we had the fantasy draft i would have went to grab him later in the draft. have to thank the one guy who appeared on one of the Flyers podcast for recommending him

It's close. I agree with both of you. It's close enough to be a playoff atmosphere, regardless of how abnormal the situation is.

A freaking plus to the max to the NHL and to Canada for treating the outbreak with the seriousness it deserved. It's a good thing the NHL does serious business there. 
I was watching a game the other day, maybe Calgary - Dallas, and a 2 on 1 developed pretty suddenly, but the pass across jumped over the guy's stick. I remember thinking how weird it was that the crowd noise didn't roar and then fall...it just sounded like one of 100 uneventful plays and if my wife was watching she wouldn't have thought anything of it.

So that's where I noticed the biggest difference. 

Flyers playing the prevent. This may bode well for the canadiens. 🤞
really hate when they play these 3rd periods like this. at least better than some of the other games. effective though, what does Mon have for shots this period, 5 or 6? and quality chances may be 1

tsk, tsk. Canadiens being a bit of sore losers there. they have nothing to be ashamed of frggin' team wouldn't quit. 

Pacioretty trade worked out well for the Habs. Tatar has been good and Suzuki is a stud.  both barely missed tying it in that third, desperation poke check on Suzuki as he walked two guys.

Too many little mistakes are burying the Blues, and the Canucks seemingly capitalize on every single one of them.  Was hoping for a longer title defense in these playoffs, but doesn't appear to be in the cards.

If the Canucks win tonight, is round 2 starting on Sunday?

really weird that they are harping on the Blues “key” injuries in the nbc broadcast.  I’m not sure on what planet Steen and Brouwer are key players and they’ve played without Tarasenko for almost the entire season.  only surprising thing tonight is Bozak scratch which is a somewhat important depth loss.

meanwhile Myers was a huge loss for Couver in this specific physical matchup and Toffoli hasn’t touched the ice.

give them some credit, this is the same Blues lineup that crushed this season

Not much else to add. Canucks are healthier, more opportunistic, and getting better goaltending.  Props to them.  Hope they take out Vegas.

These ####### Canucks are what the dumb Sabres should have been. 

in sum, hockey is still dumb

@JShannonhl: Round Two:

Vancouver v Vegas starts Sunday
Dallas v Colorado starts Saturday
Islanders v Philadelphia starts Monday
Boston v Tampa Bay starts Sunday

#StanleyCupPlayoffs

Sunday games are at 8 and 1030 eastern. WTF? i thought Sunday would be a prime spot forva 4pm / 8 PM doubleheader.

i guess NBCSN has NASCAR. 

Users who are viewing this thread