What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (6 Viewers)

Nice job, Couver. Would have liked to have another round to cheer for the Blues but oh well. Someone else’s turn. Not sure what happens to the Blues now. Tarasenko has a bad shoulder and if they lose Pietrangelo they no longer have the stout defense to keep their ok-ish offense in games. They’ll still be good, but contender I doubt. At least they got their cup, I’d really be bumming if they didn’t have it and were buzzing along this season only to have it ended early and then show up to the bubble looking like they did. Offseason should be interesting. 

Nice job, Couver. Would have liked to have another round to cheer for the Blues but oh well. Someone else’s turn. Not sure what happens to the Blues now. Tarasenko has a bad shoulder and if they lose Pietrangelo they no longer have the stout defense to keep their ok-ish offense in games. They’ll still be good, but contender I doubt. At least they got their cup, I’d really be bumming if they didn’t have it and were buzzing along this season only to have it ended early and then show up to the bubble looking like they did. Offseason should be interesting. 
Agreed.  I am worried that Tarasenko's shoulder will never be the same and he may need to retire, and Pietro might leave. Throw in the possible uncertainty at goalie (will Binnington be the same after this dreadful postseason?) and the Blues window suddenly might be closed already.  Thank goodness we have 2019. :cool:

Sunday games are at 8 and 1030 eastern. WTF? i thought Sunday would be a prime spot forva 4pm / 8 PM doubleheader.

i guess NBCSN has NASCAR. 
Somebody on twitter said the nhl is trying to get this done as quickly as possible as a breakout would be a nightmare. I get it, but that seems unlikely at this point. 

Bruins and Ning could play seven games in 11 days if their series goes the distance. Yikes!
Somebody on twitter said the nhl is trying to get this done as quickly as possible as a breakout would be a nightmare. I get it, but that seems unlikely at this point. 

The teams don’t have to travel of course so I doubt one back to back is a big deal. 

the comment was harmless imo but got Milbury canceled!
The comment was an old school comment my thrice-married baseball coach used to make.

Him: "Hey, hey rock, you're three-four-four, did you get in a fight with your girlfriend or something?"

Rock: [no answer]

Him: "Heh. I knew it. Only thing..." blah blah blah ad nauseum.

Probably sexist, but innocuous as hell in the old-school patriarchal sense of separating the men and women. Women say that #### all the time among themselves and it flies. Hell, women have clubs and gyms dedicated to separating the sexes for performance because of the sex question.

Cancel culture sucks. Next question. 

the comment was harmless imo but got Milbury canceled!
I never understood the decision to take their worst studio host and make him the prime color analyst for the Eastern hub.

"Let's take the guy who is hard to listen to for a few minutes at intermission and let him talk for hours."

Luckily Brian Boucher would try to provide some sanity.

The teams don’t have to travel of course so I doubt one back to back is a big deal. 
Game 3 will be fun when it’s Curtis McElhinney vs. Dan Vladar in net.

(Not that I mind ... I think it’s good to test a team’s depth.)

I'm gonna start the Jacque Martin to the Caps rumor.  No other reason but the NHL loves recycled coaches and they just fired a coach without that experience. 

Why the hell are they playing the second game at 10:30 when nobody on the east will see it....on a SUNDAY. God this league is nuts sometimes. One game at 3 and one at 8. How is this hard. 

Why the hell are they playing the second game at 10:30 when nobody on the east will see it....on a SUNDAY. God this league is nuts sometimes. One game at 3 and one at 8. How is this hard. 
It makes zero sense.  Why there is no afternoon game today, yet one that late, when there are only two games today, shows far the NHL still has their heads up their asses at times.

Not saying I disagree with you all but there is quite a bit of competition for viewers this afternoon in the sports world.  
baseball (j/k)

NBA playoffs

Indy 500

Champions League finals 

To the casual can I think these are higher profile events than Couver/Vegas game 1. 

Bolts have to match their effort. Marchand just took McDonaugh’s lunch. You’d think the bolts had won 4 cups with the way they play sometimes. 

Good game. I’ll give the Lightning credit, they played well to close the game out. Should be a great aeries 

Good game. I’ll give the Lightning credit, they played well to close the game out. Should be a great aeries 
Should be a long series but the Bolts can’t start slow and have to match Boston’s top line. I hate to sound like some sports radio guy but Marchand just wanted that damn game more. Relentless. 

If Halak leads Boston to a Cup I'll eat my shoe. I see Vegas had no trouble brushing aside Vancouver in game 1. Embarrassing for the Blues. MoneyPuck has Vegas as the heavy favorite to win the Cup right now and I was thinking that would actually be perfect. The 3 year old expansion team winning this weird August/September tournament. A match made in heaven.

If Halak leads Boston to a Cup I'll eat my shoe. I see Vegas had no trouble brushing aside Vancouver in game 1. Embarrassing for the Blues. MoneyPuck has Vegas as the heavy favorite to win the Cup right now and I was thinking that would actually be perfect. The 3 year old expansion team winning this weird August/September tournament. A match made in heaven.
This is kinda funny because the Blues made the SCF as an expansion team.

@SWhyno: Philipp Grubauer and Erik Johnson are out indefinitely, Avalanche coach Jared Bednar says. Huge blow for Colorado, already down 1-0 in series to Stars.

what is great about the scheduling is they do not set any afternoon games on Sunday, but yet Flyers play at 3:00 EST on Wednesday. So goofy

@SWhyno: Philipp Grubauer and Erik Johnson are out indefinitely, Avalanche coach Jared Bednar says. Huge blow for Colorado, already down 1-0 in series to Stars.
Ughhh!!  Grub dropped like a rock on that injury--I didn't figure he would be back anytime soon, ,but I was hoping Johnson could come back. Hopefully Calvert can play. It sucks to have all these injuries pop up right now.

Francouz is capable imo, not much difference there.  EJ is a tough loss though. 

Avs will be fine.  we're getting the Rado/Gas WCF we all want

@billmeltzer: JVR returns to the scratch list. NAK returns to the lineup from a suspected lower-body injury. 

Robert Hägg is scratched. Shayne Gostisbehere remains in the lineup.

@charlieo_conn: Getting Nicolas Aube-Kubel back should help the Flyers a lot, though I still think the best lineup has JvR in it too. But NAK > JvR this postseason, absolutely.

Well that was 20 minutes of something. 

Flyers with their heads up their asses, lucky it's not 3-nil.
2nd period is pretty dominant. I think they need to crash the net some more, but they have been playing on the right side of the ice for this period

Users who are viewing this thread