Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Nice job, Couver. Would have liked to have another round to cheer for the Blues but oh well. Someone else’s turn. Not sure what happens to the Blues now. Tarasenko has a bad shoulder and if they lose Pietrangelo they no longer have the stout defense to keep their ok-ish offense in games. They’ll still be good, but contender I doubt. At least they got their cup, I’d really be bumming if they didn’t have it and were buzzing along this season only to have it ended early and then show up to the bubble looking like they did. Offseason should be interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to everybody for the congrats. I just got out of the sin bin here, but oddly I could stay logged in and like posts? Weird. It was a super fun final and I got hammered the night they won. Didn’t

Why aren’t they showing flyers highlights 

Took grand daughter to her first Ducks game, for her 5th birthday.   Pretty awesome until they dropped the puck. lol.   Ducks gave her an autographed picture of her favorite player, John Gibson.   We

30 minutes ago, ItsOnlytheRiver said:

Nice job, Couver. Would have liked to have another round to cheer for the Blues but oh well. Someone else’s turn. Not sure what happens to the Blues now. Tarasenko has a bad shoulder and if they lose Pietrangelo they no longer have the stout defense to keep their ok-ish offense in games. They’ll still be good, but contender I doubt. At least they got their cup, I’d really be bumming if they didn’t have it and were buzzing along this season only to have it ended early and then show up to the bubble looking like they did. Offseason should be interesting. 

Agreed.  I am worried that Tarasenko's shoulder will never be the same and he may need to retire, and Pietro might leave. Throw in the possible uncertainty at goalie (will Binnington be the same after this dreadful postseason?) and the Blues window suddenly might be closed already.  Thank goodness we have 2019. :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Sunday games are at 8 and 1030 eastern. WTF? i thought Sunday would be a prime spot forva 4pm / 8 PM doubleheader.

i guess NBCSN has NASCAR. 

Somebody on twitter said the nhl is trying to get this done as quickly as possible as a breakout would be a nightmare. I get it, but that seems unlikely at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Bruins and Ning could play seven games in 11 days if their series goes the distance. Yikes!

Somebody on twitter said the nhl is trying to get this done as quickly as possible as a breakout would be a nightmare. I get it, but that seems unlikely at this point. 
 

The teams don’t have to travel of course so I doubt one back to back is a big deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Has any coach lost 3 cup finals with 3 different teams?   Vigneault could pull off the trifecta this year.   

Based on how they played against the Habs i don't think he has anything to worry about. :whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

the comment was harmless imo but got Milbury canceled!

The comment was an old school comment my thrice-married baseball coach used to make.

Him: "Hey, hey rock, you're three-four-four, did you get in a fight with your girlfriend or something?"

Rock: [no answer]

Him: "Heh. I knew it. Only thing..." blah blah blah ad nauseum.

Probably sexist, but innocuous as hell in the old-school patriarchal sense of separating the men and women. Women say that #### all the time among themselves and it flies. Hell, women have clubs and gyms dedicated to separating the sexes for performance because of the sex question.

Cancel culture sucks. Next question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

the comment was harmless imo but got Milbury canceled!

I never understood the decision to take their worst studio host and make him the prime color analyst for the Eastern hub.

"Let's take the guy who is hard to listen to for a few minutes at intermission and let him talk for hours."

Luckily Brian Boucher would try to provide some sanity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, Capella said:

Somebody on twitter said the nhl is trying to get this done as quickly as possible as a breakout would be a nightmare. I get it, but that seems unlikely at this point. 
 

The teams don’t have to travel of course so I doubt one back to back is a big deal. 

Game 3 will be fun when it’s Curtis McElhinney vs. Dan Vladar in net.

(Not that I mind ... I think it’s good to test a team’s depth.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Capella said:

Why the hell are they playing the second game at 10:30 when nobody on the east will see it....on a SUNDAY. God this league is nuts sometimes. One game at 3 and one at 8. How is this hard. 

this is what they do.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Capella said:

Why the hell are they playing the second game at 10:30 when nobody on the east will see it....on a SUNDAY. God this league is nuts sometimes. One game at 3 and one at 8. How is this hard. 

It makes zero sense.  Why there is no afternoon game today, yet one that late, when there are only two games today, shows far the NHL still has their heads up their asses at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

It makes zero sense.  Why there is no afternoon game today, yet one that late, when there are only two games today, shows far the NHL still has their heads up their asses at times.

It’s infuriating 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying I disagree with you all but there is quite a bit of competition for viewers this afternoon in the sports world.  
baseball (j/k)

NBA playoffs

Indy 500

Champions League finals 

To the casual can I think these are higher profile events than Couver/Vegas game 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 7:15 AM, JaxBill said:

Sunday games are at 8 and 1030 eastern. WTF? i thought Sunday would be a prime spot forva 4pm / 8 PM doubleheader.

i guess NBCSN has NASCAR. 

 

6 hours ago, Capella said:

Why the hell are they playing the second game at 10:30 when nobody on the east will see it....on a SUNDAY. God this league is nuts sometimes. One game at 3 and one at 8. How is this hard. 

👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wilked said:

Bs need to put this one away, go into the 3rd with a three goal lead 

There it is...

 

some lazy defending by TB. Seem to be a little too busy playing the role of tough guys 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilked said:

Good game. I’ll give the Lightning credit, they played well to close the game out. Should be a great aeries 

Should be a long series but the Bolts can’t start slow and have to match Boston’s top line. I hate to sound like some sports radio guy but Marchand just wanted that damn game more. Relentless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Halak leads Boston to a Cup I'll eat my shoe. I see Vegas had no trouble brushing aside Vancouver in game 1. Embarrassing for the Blues. MoneyPuck has Vegas as the heavy favorite to win the Cup right now and I was thinking that would actually be perfect. The 3 year old expansion team winning this weird August/September tournament. A match made in heaven.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ItsOnlytheRiver said:

If Halak leads Boston to a Cup I'll eat my shoe. I see Vegas had no trouble brushing aside Vancouver in game 1. Embarrassing for the Blues. MoneyPuck has Vegas as the heavy favorite to win the Cup right now and I was thinking that would actually be perfect. The 3 year old expansion team winning this weird August/September tournament. A match made in heaven.

This is kinda funny because the Blues made the SCF as an expansion team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

@SWhyno: Philipp Grubauer and Erik Johnson are out indefinitely, Avalanche coach Jared Bednar says. Huge blow for Colorado, already down 1-0 in series to Stars.

Ughhh!!  Grub dropped like a rock on that injury--I didn't figure he would be back anytime soon, ,but I was hoping Johnson could come back. Hopefully Calvert can play. It sucks to have all these injuries pop up right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ItsOnlytheRiver said:

Wasn’t there two conferences? One full of expansion teams and one not? Kinda inevitable that one would make it and then also get swept. 

details. details

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@SWhyno: Philipp Grubauer and Erik Johnson are out indefinitely, Avalanche coach Jared Bednar says. Huge blow for Colorado, already down 1-0 in series to Stars.

Francouz is capable imo, not much difference there.  EJ is a tough loss though. 

Avs will be fine.  we're getting the Rado/Gas WCF we all want

Link to post
Share on other sites

@billmeltzer: JVR returns to the scratch list. NAK returns to the lineup from a suspected lower-body injury. 

Robert Hägg is scratched. Shayne Gostisbehere remains in the lineup.

 

@charlieo_conn: Getting Nicolas Aube-Kubel back should help the Flyers a lot, though I still think the best lineup has JvR in it too. But NAK > JvR this postseason, absolutely.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Well that was 20 minutes of something. 

Flyers with their heads up their asses, lucky it's not 3-nil.

2nd period is pretty dominant. I think they need to crash the net some more, but they have been playing on the right side of the ice for this period

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...