Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to everybody for the congrats. I just got out of the sin bin here, but oddly I could stay logged in and like posts? Weird. It was a super fun final and I got hammered the night they won. Didn’t

Why aren’t they showing flyers highlights 

Took grand daughter to her first Ducks game, for her 5th birthday.   Pretty awesome until they dropped the puck. lol.   Ducks gave her an autographed picture of her favorite player, John Gibson.   We

TONELLI TO NYSTROM! TONELLI TO NYSTROM! AND IT'S THE ISLANDERS IN SIX!

ETA (I fell victim to this phenomenon, too, and I watched that game on television as a kid. Remember, folks. Sixth Amendment witness testimony from a long time ago? Always suspect.)*

When you hear people rant about how a no-call cost the Flyers the game and the series, you figure it was Bob Nystrom's famous overtime goal that should have been nulled, or that at least it was the game-tier late in regulation. In actuality, Sutter's goal merely put the Islanders up 2-1 with two whole periods to go, in what would eventually end up a 5-4 game. Sure, that's still a one-goal differential, and who knows how things would have turned out with the violation called, but as far as all-time scapegoats go, this isn't really Buckner letting the ball through his legs in the bottom of the tenth.

Still, was the call definitely off-sides? Well, you judge for yourself. But yes. Yes it was.

Edited by rockaction
5 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Ghost of ####### Leon Stickle 

@marcs797: He’s offsides. https://twitter.com/marcs797/status/1298735313490239490/photo/1

no, it's onside.  it would help if Jones explained it correctly.  it's not when the puck enters the zone, it's when it enters the zone and is touched.  through his stickhandle he brings it over the line but doesn't touch it again until Nelson touches up.  throughout his skate is behind the line so he is onside as Nelson touches up as well.

the review thing is bad enough but even the broadcast is confused. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Bill Brasky said:

no, it's onside.  it would help if Jones explained it correctly.  it's not when the puck enters the zone, it's when it enters the zone and is touched.  through his stickhandle he brings it over the line but doesn't touch it again until Nelson touches up.  throughout his skate is behind the line so he is onside as Nelson touches up as well.

the review thing is bad enough but even the broadcast is confused. 

Wow.

Regardless, I'm going Giroux/Pageau

Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

nice bounce

Rough icing by Toews just before that. He actually didn't play the puck strongly enough that let the Flyers in the zone right before that, too. Not a great shift.

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

@JHallNBCS: "Totally my responsibility. Bad call on my part."

- Alain Vigneault on failed challenge

if he didn't have the blue line cam view it was the right gamble imo.  you couldn't tell on any of the other angles and was very close.

1 minute ago, Capella said:

I totally agree, Boston teams have never caught a break with the refs 

No need to debate history, better to just talk about the game. Bs got a bit screwed on this game, still think they’re getting outplayed by TB overall as well. Game should be within a goal though, not out of reach as it is 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

I totally agree, Boston teams have never caught a break with the refs 

Seemed that way until the umps got it right in 2004 with Arroyo/A Rod. Otherwise it was Offerman getting phantom tagged twice in the 1999 ALCS and other things going back a long way. Since 2004 I have no complaints whatsoever (not a Pats fan, so the Tuck Rule doesn't count.)

1 minute ago, wilked said:

No need to debate history, better to just talk about the game. Bs got a bit screwed on this game, still think they’re getting outplayed by TB overall as well. Game should be within a goal though, not out of reach as it is 

Bruins are getting their ### kicked dude. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Throw in the towel

Call it from the corner, Mick. No need to leave Apollo out there.

Edited by rockaction
1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Blatant interference on Krug

Lmao. He was pushed and fell. Oh and 6 seconds earlier he blatantly hacked Johnson over the head. 

That wasn't intentional but its kind of funny to see you point put the "interference "  when the slash was about as blatant as it gets.