What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Yuck giving up the lead, but weird how the officials didn’t call offsides on that last game. Need to win this one or you have to think morale will dip a bit. 

TONELLI TO NYSTROM! TONELLI TO NYSTROM! AND IT'S THE ISLANDERS IN SIX!

ETA (I fell victim to this phenomenon, too, and I watched that game on television as a kid. Remember, folks. Sixth Amendment witness testimony from a long time ago? Always suspect.)*

When you hear people rant about how a no-call cost the Flyers the game and the series, you figure it was Bob Nystrom's famous overtime goal that should have been nulled, or that at least it was the game-tier late in regulation. In actuality, Sutter's goal merely put the Islanders up 2-1 with two whole periods to go, in what would eventually end up a 5-4 game. Sure, that's still a one-goal differential, and who knows how things would have turned out with the violation called, but as far as all-time scapegoats go, this isn't really Buckner letting the ball through his legs in the bottom of the tenth.

Still, was the call definitely off-sides? Well, you judge for yourself. But yes. Yes it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
JaxBill said:
Ghost of ####### Leon Stickle 

@marcs797: He’s offsides. https://twitter.com/marcs797/status/1298735313490239490/photo/1
no, it's onside.  it would help if Jones explained it correctly.  it's not when the puck enters the zone, it's when it enters the zone and is touched.  through his stickhandle he brings it over the line but doesn't touch it again until Nelson touches up.  throughout his skate is behind the line so he is onside as Nelson touches up as well.

the review thing is bad enough but even the broadcast is confused. 

no, it's onside.  it would help if Jones explained it correctly.  it's not when the puck enters the zone, it's when it enters the zone and is touched.  through his stickhandle he brings it over the line but doesn't touch it again until Nelson touches up.  throughout his skate is behind the line so he is onside as Nelson touches up as well.

the review thing is bad enough but even the broadcast is confused. 
Wow.

Regardless, I'm going Giroux/Pageau

I totally agree, Boston teams have never caught a break with the refs 
No need to debate history, better to just talk about the game. Bs got a bit screwed on this game, still think they’re getting outplayed by TB overall as well. Game should be within a goal though, not out of reach as it is 

I totally agree, Boston teams have never caught a break with the refs 
Seemed that way until the umps got it right in 2004 with Arroyo/A Rod. Otherwise it was Offerman getting phantom tagged twice in the 1999 ALCS and other things going back a long way. Since 2004 I have no complaints whatsoever (not a Pats fan, so the Tuck Rule doesn't count.)

Blatant interference on Krug
Lmao. He was pushed and fell. Oh and 6 seconds earlier he blatantly hacked Johnson over the head. 

That wasn't intentional but its kind of funny to see you point put the "interference "  when the slash was about as blatant as it gets. 

Users who are viewing this thread