What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

TB better team. I’m pulling for them to end their decade long drought. Look out West 

isles don’t stand a chance 

Congrats, @Capella Tampa is a heck of a team, even without Stamkos (and hopefully Kucherov is OK). Just a terrible matchup for the Bruins. You can see it coming when the D just starts getting cement-skates like that and lets TB skate circles in the zone.

Ah well ... knew this was going to be a tough exit to swallow for whichever team got knocked out this early.

It will be bittersweet if that's it for Chara, but he's just been a shell of himself for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah ... and glad Halak went out with a strong game. He was put in a terrible spot, and he certainly had his shaky moments, but tonight wasn't one of them.

Vasilevskiy was the difference, though. Heck of a performance tonight.

This is going to be a really interesting offseason ... aside from the fact that it starts on Sept. 1 and lasts who knows how long.

Chara and Krug both are RFAs ... honestly, I don't see either of them back. Grzelcyk is an RFA, and I'm sure he's going be due a $$$ bump.

Not much turnover expected up front. Nordstrom is the only UFA, but I'd love him back at something close to his $1M. He was really good in this postseason. DeBrusk is an RFA, so he's going to need to get a decent bump.

Then there's the $64,000 question ... what happens with Rask? He's 33, makes $7M and has a no-move clause, so he's not going anywhere next season. Unless he decides he's had enough. Who really knows where his head is after everything that happened with him leaving the bubble. And you have to wonder where he really stands with the team for leaving the way he did ... whether it was for a good reason or not.

Abysmal. Probably the main reason they missed the playoffs this year. 

I like him but he should have been benched. Most guys who suck in Buffalo do great when they leave though. Pretty neat. 
Feels like a lot of sports is circumstance on where you go. Bolts make some mediocre guys look good playing next to Hedman. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happened with Kucherov? Concussion? He looked fine..

I bad mouth him a lot for his needless turnovers, but you can immediately see the difference without him on the ice. 

So if the Bolts win the cup, does stamkos still skate around with it first since he’s the captain? He was a huge part of the regular season but doesn’t seem like he will play at all in the playoffs. Or does Hedman get it first? 

So if the Bolts win the cup, does stamkos still skate around with it first since he’s the captain? He was a huge part of the regular season but doesn’t seem like he will play at all in the playoffs. Or does Hedman get it first? 
I would think Hedman but you looking ahead 2 rounds to ask this question is likely the kiss of death. 😉

Not sure an injured captain ever started the Cup ceremony. I think he’d prefer a teammate who played like Hedman do the honors. 

Is he even there?

I was just about to say that "interference " call  on Nelson  was brutal. Official at center calls it while ref 3 feet away, looking right at it let's it go.  Turrible. 

Users who are viewing this thread