What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

they should call another penalty on the Flyers for the fun of it. it's been almost a full minute since they called a penalty on them

that 3rd goal would have been nice, but seeing the goal scorers on the team score goals is refreshing with the Flyers

3 minute review on play followed by zero explanation 
To be clear, I'm not saying the Flyers were robbed. If you're taking that long to review it say what you were looking at.

I'm wondering if they were looking to make sure Pitlick poke was after whistle (or dreaded attempt to.blow whistle)

ok cool. Islanders cross check Myers right in front of the net (think it was Myers), and officials look on like it is nothing

@charlieo_conn: So the Flyers going with a Laughton-Giroux-Voracek top line in Couturier's absence, it appears. Lot of line juggling but it looks like he's getting the bulk of that assignment with Couturier missing.

real nice to see the Flyers still pressing and not just sitting on the lead. Great to play strong defense, but doesn't mean they have to curl up in their zone. 

and have to love when guys want to lay a big hit, so they go after 170 pound Farabee. Great job dude

what the F is that. No one playing defense to clear the front of the net anymore now huh?

Maybe one day the Flyers can play hockey for 60 minutes

a soft goal let up by Hart and a complete defensive breakdown. Let's not act like the Islanders are on fire here. Flyers doing a nice job making mediocre players look great with bad play there last 6 minutes of that period. 

interference hit on Couturie and picking on Farabee left the Flyers short handed with their forwards, wonder if that had a bigger effect then anyone mentioned

real nice to see the Flyers still pressing and not just sitting on the lead. Great to play strong defense, but doesn't mean they have to curl up in their zone. 

and have to love when guys want to lay a big hit, so they go after 170 pound Farabee. Great job dude

what the F is that. No one playing defense to clear the front of the net anymore now huh?

Maybe one day the Flyers can play hockey for 60 minutes
:lmao: :lmao:

Islanders should look to take another Flyers forward out in the first couple of minutes of OT, should help them out some more

this made me chortle

@Adidas5266: @Buccigross @NHLFlyers @NYIslanders #bucciovertimechallenge Hayes and not picking an islander but guarantee if islanders win thompson is on the ice.

whew. will be an interesting game 6. Hope FLyers can heal up a bit, and if guys like JVR and G have gained some confidence could be fun

Interesting franchise trivia

@avappleyard: The goal tonight was @NHLFlyers Giroux's 25th in the play-offs.

He therefore passed Lindros and Brind'Amour (24) to go 11th in franchise history for post-season goals.

Next up? Rick Tocchet (27). #Flyers #NHL

Feel free to bump this and I know it’s stupid to type but I’m feeling pretty good about the ECF after watching the last few games of this series. 

Demko showing why Benning would be a fool to not let Markstrom walk and have someone else sign him to a $7 mil + mega deal.  though Benning loves foolish deals.  but he also makes great draft picks.  quite the crossroads.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the status of barzal and coots
I'm expecting bad news on Coots. If that was knee on knee...that's not a 48 hr injury. I know he played with a torn MCL a couple years ago, but preparing for worst.

Meanwhile....

@TheFourthPeriod: Early indications are Mat Barzal’s doing well; no issue with his eye.

I'm waiting for Bill Pidto to interview Bill Zito

@FriedgeHNIC: Hearing FLA is closing on Bill Zito from Columbus as GM choice

@CapFriendly: TRADE:

To Montreal Canadiens:
G Jake Allen
2022 7th RD pick (STL)

To St. Louis Blues:
2020 3rd RD pick (WSH)
2020 7th RD pick (CHI)

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades

@CF_DepthCharts: St. Louis is now down to four goalies under contract in their system.

Jordan Binnington
Ville Husso
Evan Fitzpatrick
Joel Hofer

Also have two unsigned prospects.

Colten Ellis
Vadim Zherenko

that's a pretty wild trade. Allen has 1 year left on his deal at $4.35MM and the Canadiens are already paying Price $10.5MM/year.

Plus, didn't Allen outplay Binnington this year?

EDIT: guess this is mainly about finding money for Pietrangelo for St. Louis and lightening the load on Price but there had to be cheaper options for Montreal than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a pretty wild trade. Allen has 1 year left on his deal at $4.35MM and the Canadiens are already paying Price $10.5MM/year.

Plus, didn't Allen outplay Binnington this year?

EDIT: guess this is mainly about finding money for Pietrangelo for St. Louis and lightening the load on Price but there had to be cheaper options for Montreal than this.
Habs have the cap room to do it, but it does seem like a move that would have made more sense to satisfy exposure in the Seattle draft

I think this trade is really dumb for Montreal. That's a lot of money for your G position. Is above average backup goaltending really worth anything? If Price goes down, it's not like Allen is taking you anywhere any other backup wouldn't unless your goal is to sneak into the playoffs or steal a series. Which, granted, is probably all Price is gonna give this team anyway, but still.... that makes it even more odd.

Trading for over-paid backup goalies is a fool's errand, IMO. 

Perhaps Montreal will be able to flip him for a profit or they want Pietro to stay in STL and not move out East? Or perhaps Jake Allen will be the savior they need. 

Allen only has one year left on his deal and they only have Domi and a few cheap RFAs to sign.  I don't think Domi costs much and will probably sign a short term prove it deal if he's not traded anyway, which there is a pretty good chance he is.  regardless, they have lots of space.

it's not like this was some high risk move.

Users who are viewing this thread