What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (3 Viewers)

Allen only has one year left on his deal and they only have Domi and a few cheap RFAs to sign.  I don't think Domi costs much and will probably sign a short term prove it deal if he's not traded anyway, which there is a pretty good chance he is.  regardless, they have lots of space.

it's not like this was some high risk move.
I thought Domi wanted out and doesn't want to play 3rd line.

So Reirden goes from PIT assistant to Caps HC and back. I guess he's  a good PP coach since he had to "make do" with those offensive threats.

@penguins: The Penguins have named Todd Reirden and Mike Vellucci assistant coaches.

Reirden, 49, will oversee the team’s defensive group and power-play unit. Vellucci, 54, will work with the team’s forwards and oversee the penalty kill. 

Details: https://pens.pe/2EJtT6i https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1301171852442660869/photo/1

Allen only has one year left on his deal and they only have Domi and a few cheap RFAs to sign.  I don't think Domi costs much and will probably sign a short term prove it deal if he's not traded anyway, which there is a pretty good chance he is.  regardless, they have lots of space.

it's not like this was some high risk move.
Fair, but it’s officially offseason for me and there’s nothing else to analyze. Let me pick this one apart please. 

I am not bergevin supporter but he gave up no assets. He gained a solid backup for one year.  He's done worse.
agree. 3rd round pick is not very valuable to part with and they got one of the best backup goalies in the league. just crazy to spent $15MM on those two roster spots, but I guess they could afford it and it's not like they locked up Allen to a long-term deal.

@NHLAdamK: Mathew Barzal to be a game-time decision for Islanders, according to coach Barry Trotz. Said there could be other lineup changes whether Barzal plays or not.

Woah Lindblom is in. Pretty crazy, good for him beig able to get back on the ice. My guess is he gets like 8 minutes tonight, but still it is real hard to get down on yourself because you feel tired or worn down as you look across the ice at a dude who just fought cancer for the last 8 months and is back out here skating 

man i would love to see an Islander take a run at Lindblom. I think the entire team, AV included would leave the bench for that

that is pretty cool. 45 seconds ago Aube-Kubel gets thrown into the goal hard enough to knock it off the posts with the puck nowhere near him and the refs shrug. Now he gets a mysterious slash cause the refs seem bored

Last edited by a moderator:
@charlieo_conn: Well, can't ask for a lot more than that in an elimination game without your best player. Opportunistic, high-effort first period. But the Isles made it clear with that last push that they're not going anywhere.

Lucky we are leading
ehh they earned that 1st period hustled and both goals were earned well. Not like the Isles to have giveaways on their end, but Flyers did their part by capitalizing.

and i'm not sure any lead matters. As long as the Flyers can hold the Isles to less than 2 goals in the last 5-8 minutes of the 3rd period they got a chance.

that wasn't beautiful by the Isles. was just horrendous play by Braun to give the puck  away and not get back to help cover. 

Jonesy blows. Yeah it isn't a great challenge, but dude you don't need to pee on the Flyers all the time

Jesus, Flyers look like they lost any kind of energy and interest in this game after that 3rd goal. just standing flat footed in their own zone 

whew Michael Raffl. love just standing at the goal mouth and waiting .

and really not sure why Bouch and Jonesy need to keep sucking off the Isles. i get they likely are moving on so you want to build hype with them, but it is a little heavy handed and gross

whew Michael Raffl. love just standing at the goal mouth and waiting .

and really not sure why Bouch and Jonesy need to keep sucking off the Isles. i get they likely are moving on so you want to build hype with them, but it is a little heavy handed and gross
They are better than us.   Their top line is fun to watch

Users who are viewing this thread