What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

so every single intermission all they show are Islanders highlights. Does the NHL usually pull these shenanigans trying to hype teams a lot? maybe stick to just showing Lightning highlights, seems safer

so every single intermission all they show are Islanders highlights. Does the NHL usually pull these shenanigans trying to hype teams a lot? maybe stick to just showing Lightning highlights, seems safer
I mean one team has like 87 shots to 12. What are they supposed to show, the flyers dumping the puck off to the islanders over and over? 

Carter hart is kinda cool
i do agree that they could have shown some Carter Hart. Flyers d left him hanging a bit there in that OT. 

And Linblom getting the 3rd star.. No thanks, keep your Islanders hype NHL. You would think Hart getting 50 saves or whatever would get a mention, but so be it. 

i do agree that they could have shown some Carter Hart. Flyers d left him hanging a bit there in that OT. 

And Linblom getting the 3rd star.. No thanks, keep your Islanders hype NHL. You would think Hart getting 50 saves or whatever would get a mention, but so be it. 
Islanders hype :lmao:  Please listen to yourself. They may be the most non-descript franchise in the league that’s not in Miami. 

i'm pretty sure if Provorov doesn't make it the Flyers were close to losing it. they were just letting Hart get murdered for the last 5 minutes before Provorov 

Islanders hype :lmao:  Please listen to yourself. They may be the most non-descript franchise in the league that’s not in Miami. 
i might be totally off. Just seemed like they were trying extra hard to hype up the team to grow interest for what was likely the next round. Either way, fun they made it to game 7 but i do agree LIghtning should be chuckling because whichever of these teams they face in game 1 will be worn down 

Just saw both west game 7s are.......tomorrow. Vegas and Vancouver on a back to back with no discernible reason and an empty arena on Saturday. 

NHL :tumbleweed:
NBC has KY Derby on SAT afternoon so they don't want an afternoon game. But that doesn't rule out a 10 pm Sat night game....

Maybe NHL wants to start Western Final Sunday but that would mean Vegas/Couver would play 3 in 4.

I dunno

NBC has KY Derby on SAT afternoon so they don't want an afternoon game. But that doesn't rule out a 10 pm Sat night game....

Maybe NHL wants to start Western Final Sunday but that would mean Vegas/Couver would play 3 in 4.

I dunno
West final DOES start Sunday

@Pammerhockey: #NHL schedule announced overnight.

Today - Game 7
DAL/COL  4pm ET
VAN/VGK  9pm ET

Saturday - Game 7
NYI/PHI  7:30pm ET

Sunday 

Western Conference Final - GM 1 8pm ET

Monday

Eastern Conference Final GM 1
TBA

@FullPressNHL

Yeah, they're really intent on rolling through this bubble as quickly as possible. Hence all the back-to-backs and quick turnarounds.

(Humble brag alert, but ...)

Do Flyers fans actually dislike Boucher? Record-holder for the longest shutout streak in NHL history? Winning goalie in the classic 5-OT win over the Penguins?

I've actually had a couple of conversations with him in the last year or so ... seems like a great guy. I do know game broadcasters can be polarizing and perceived in different ways, but he's certainly no Milbury (or Pierre).  :shrug:

Do Flyers fans actually dislike Boucher? Record-holder for the longest shutout streak in NHL history? Winning goalie in the classic 5-OT win over the Penguins?

I've actually had a couple of conversations with him in the last year or so ... seems like a great guy. I do know game broadcasters can be polarizing and perceived in different ways, but he's certainly no Milbury (or Pierre).  :shrug:
no, i don't think so. Same with Jones too, he has done a local sports radio show here in Philly for years. Outside of watching the game i like both, it just seemed that yesterday they really were pro NYI. Of course i had blinders on last night, could have been 50 pro-Flyers, and 1 pro-NYI and i would be pissy about it. I'm sure those feelings came when they blew the 2 goal lead or had 4 shots in the 3rd period.  

I don't know what it is about the NHL and a bit with NBA too. Watching the NFL my whole life those kinds of things rarely bother me and i can be a bit more objective, but for some reason NBA and NHL can be more agitated. Might be fouls and penalties can be more subjective in NHL and NBA, i don't know

Love Bouch and Jones.   Chatted with Bouch at a golf course for a quick minute , was super nice.

Same for Jonesy when I ran into him in a parking lot :lmao:

:shrug:

no, i don't think so. Same with Jones too, he has done a local sports radio show here in Philly for years. Outside of watching the game i like both, it just seemed that yesterday they really were pro NYI. Of course i had blinders on last night, could have been 50 pro-Flyers, and 1 pro-NYI and i would be pissy about it. I'm sure those feelings came when they blew the 2 goal lead or had 4 shots in the 3rd period.  

I don't know what it is about the NHL and a bit with NBA too. Watching the NFL my whole life those kinds of things rarely bother me and i can be a bit more objective, but for some reason NBA and NHL can be more agitated. Might be fouls and penalties can be more subjective in NHL and NBA, i don't know
The difference is also, they are Flyers for the most part but doing National Broadcasts, when Jones was on the local broadcast he was a little more homery.   So maybe they are subconsciously trying to be "neutral" but going to far or we perceive it that way

Missed the Av's game completely---Xfinity went down and took everything with it 10 minutes before the game. For some reason, Verizon went out at the exact same time. We ended up listening to the OT period in my wife's car on AM radio. Talk about tension--try listening to a hockey game with a good announcer on the radio. 

Great series...Colorado is just oh so close again.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread