Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to everybody for the congrats. I just got out of the sin bin here, but oddly I could stay logged in and like posts? Weird. It was a super fun final and I got hammered the night they won. Didn’t

Why aren’t they showing flyers highlights 

Took grand daughter to her first Ducks game, for her 5th birthday.   Pretty awesome until they dropped the puck. lol.   Ducks gave her an autographed picture of her favorite player, John Gibson.   We

guilty as charged

@SWhyno: Alain Vigneault: "Three series went to a Game 7. A lot of people questions if players would want to play at this time of the year, would want to be here. Look at what you're getting. Look at the hockey you're getting."

If I am Demko, I am royally pissed.  He played out of his mind last night, yet they lost cause the rest of the team didn't look like they gave two you-know-whats about the game.  They even got a 5-minute power play thanks to a really dirty hit by Reaves and still couldn't muster a thing. Pathetic effort by the whole team, Demko aside.

Vegas/Dallas ought to be really fun to watch.

35 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

If I am Demko, I am royally pissed.  He played out of his mind last night, yet they lost cause the rest of the team didn't look like they gave two you-know-whats about the game.  They even got a 5-minute power play thanks to a really dirty hit by Reaves and still couldn't muster a thing. Pathetic effort by the whole team, Demko aside.

Vegas/Dallas ought to be really fun to watch.

Was it lack of effort, or the fact that Vegas has an absolute monster of a lineup compared to Vancouver having like five good skaters total? The Canucks got boat raced the entire series, not just last night. 

• Like 3
Just now, Inspiration said:

Was it lack of effort, or the fact that Vegas has an absolute monster of a lineup compared to Vancouver having like five good skaters total? The Canucks got boat raced the entire series, not just last night. 

Vegas was the better team, yes, but even on the 5-minute PP, the Canucks looked hapless.  NBC interviewed one of the Canucks in between the 2nd and 3rd periods and he looked totally defeated (game was still 0-0).

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Vegas was the better team, yes, but even on the 5-minute PP, the Canucks looked hapless.  NBC interviewed one of the Canucks in between the 2nd and 3rd periods and he looked totally defeated (game was still 0-0).

Vegas didn't give them anything. Series was a mismatch to begin with. Vancouver deserves props for taking them to 7, even though it took Demko standing on his head to do so.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

going out with a whimper 

pretty gross. Not sure i have seen a team so flat in a 7th game of a series ever. I mean it is Thomas F'n Griese in goal, just embarrassing. 

What i don't get though is why the Islanders are trying so hard. everybody knows they are likely getting swept. they are like some annoying dweeb in school, who keeps trying so hard though he sucks. Just give it up old heads, and go away 

• Laughing 1
4 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@brad_keffer: Sure would like it if the Flyers had Voracek on the ice more than Thompson in a game 7 where they're losing 3-0.

might have been that killing the penalties thing

12 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Man, if this were a boxing match, the Flyers corner would have thrown in the towel already. The Islanders are outplaying them in every way.

Haven’t they outplayed them most of the series?  Serious question as I haven’t really watched much of it.

3 minutes ago, modogg said:

i think if i feel for someone it might be Carey Price,. Watching this joke of a team get shut out by a scrub like Griese has to just be maddening

:putsonRudehat:

Bob Griese?

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

Congrats to the Isles but that was one of the worst Game 7 no shows.

i don't know why the Flyers even took the ice tonight. Outside 2-3 guys, it honestly looks like they don't want to be there at all. Good times when they can barely get the puck in NYI zone with 6 men on the ice

1 minute ago, modogg said:

i don't know why the Flyers even took the ice tonight. Outside 2-3 guys, it honestly looks like they don't want to be there at all. Good times when they can barely get the puck in NYI zone with 6 men on the ice

They did a good job of trying to have more on the ice than the Islanders

@charlieo_conn: Asked AV about the power play going 0-for-the-series, and why creative plays seemed so sporadic for the Flyers in the bubble. Vigneault deferred, said it's a tough question and wants to reflect on it a bit more before answering.

@charlieo_conn: Couturier: Said it was a sprained MCL, same as in 2018.