Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

4 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

You wonder if Sam tried to negotiate his linemates though before agreeing to that deal. 

this seems unlikely. I think he's just betting on improved economics/salary cap if he waits a year and the team clicks. he's still going to get paid regardless given his track record.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to everybody for the congrats. I just got out of the sin bin here, but oddly I could stay logged in and like posts? Weird. It was a super fun final and I got hammered the night they won. Didn’t

Why aren’t they showing flyers highlights 

Took grand daughter to her first Ducks game, for her 5th birthday.   Pretty awesome until they dropped the puck. lol.   Ducks gave her an autographed picture of her favorite player, John Gibson.   We

15 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Krueger doesn't seem to like Skinner for some reason. I don't get it. I also think Hall and Eichel like to dominate the puck so not sure how well they will work together.

IMO, makes more sense to put Olofsson with Hall/Eichel and Reinhart with Skinner/Staal to get best players in the top-6.

Cozens could possibly line up with Staal/Skinner though and that would bump Reinhart down to 3rd line with Eakin/Thompson most likely. Good luck piling up even strength points in that group, Sam.

I was making a Skinner struggling joke.  I think Reinhart makes the most sense with Eichel/Hall and just like you said it becomes the Skinner scenario again.

Huge, sad news here in Massachusetts ... Travis Roy died today of complications from surgery related to his paralysis.

For those who don't know his story, he was paralyzed 11 seconds into his first shift for Boston University. The anniversary of his injury was 25 years ago last week.

Tributes are pouring in from all over the hockey world.

• Sad 6
29 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Huge, sad news here in Massachusetts ... Travis Roy died today of complications from surgery related to his paralysis.

For those who don't know his story, he was paralyzed 11 seconds into his first shift for Boston University. The anniversary of his injury was 25 years ago last week.

Wow, I can't believe he is gone...very emotional day for the New England hockey community as he has become larger then life...such a tragic story that turned into a true inspiration...I think the words "role model" are thrown around too easily in our society but this kid truly was one and what he has done since his accident has been nothing short of a miracle...hopefully he now finds true peace...on a personal note I was driving down Boylston Street a year or two ago and I thought a bike was heading towards me so I slowed down and as the person got closer I realized it was Travis Roy in his wheelchair who then smiled at me thanked me for letting him go by...just one of those surreal moments you have in life.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Just came to post this. I remember watching tv when it happened :(

Edited by belljr
On 10/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Krueger doesn't seem to like Skinner for some reason. I don't get it. I also think Hall and Eichel like to dominate the puck so not sure how well they will work together.

IMO, makes more sense to put Olofsson with Hall/Eichel and Reinhart with Skinner/Staal to get best players in the top-6.

Cozens could possibly line up with Staal/Skinner though and that would bump Reinhart down to 3rd line with Eakin/Thompson most likely. Good luck piling up even strength points in that group, Sam.

I do not wish upon anyone that they have to play on the same line as eakin. 

• Like 1

Rangers re-upped two years with Strome and Lemieux.  Hate the Strome contract, but I guess they could do no better.  Really like the Lemieux contract though.  Looks like we're locked and loaded and ready for the new year.  When's the new year start?

4 hours ago, guru_007 said:

Rangers re-upped two years with Strome and Lemieux.  Hate the Strome contract, but I guess they could do no better.  Really like the Lemieux contract though.  Looks like we're locked and loaded and ready for the new year.  When's the new year start?

I'm not as averse to the Strome signing as you.  I think a two year deal is fine and the money is appropriate for what he brings to the table.  He's not that great defensively, but he seems to go well with the Bread Man.  Curious who they put on the other side though.  Like Lemieux and his hard playing attitude.  He wasn't going to get much more than what he received and l think it was fair for both parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Every party needs a pooper, that’s why we invited you. The New York Islanders somehow missed the amazing opportunity to bring back the Fisherman jersey for this promotion and instead went with what is essentially the exact same design they wear now with minimal changes. The colour blue is darker, and the stripes have been swapped around. It’s the sort of jersey that nobody would even notice was different unless someone pointed it out to you.

They are already selling the fisherman ones, my son has on. As a life long Islander fan, their logo was never the most exciting or unique, so its hard to make cool variations of. IMO they should have at brought back the teal, dark blue and orange color scheme from the fisherman days but kept the original crest. 

My son upon seeing the Lady Liberty coming back

I NEED ONE NOW

His birthday is Thurdsay so he says he is going to save all his money. We will just get him one for Christmas or Hanukkah. He already has a Lefrieniere home blue coming for his birthday so this one will be Panarin

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Sabers, Blackhawks, Rangers, Capitals...winners.

Wild unis are awful. The NHL ripped the North Stars away from Minnesota and are still around in Dallas. You just can't combine the two.

I'm not a Wild fan, but I think theirs is one of the best of the bunch. Of course, I didn't have the North Stars taken away from me, so I get it. Add in the Kings, Avs, Yotes, and Caps for my other faves. 

Red Wings, Toronto, Vegas, and 'lumbus are terrible. Looks like they spent a whole 45 seconds on the Detroit one.  

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, Skipdog77 said:

I'm not a Wild fan, but I think theirs is one of the best of the bunch. Of course, I didn't have the North Stars taken away from me, so I get it. Add in the Kings, Avs, Yotes, and Caps for my other faves. 

Red Wings, Toronto, Vegas, and 'lumbus are terrible. Looks like they spent a whole 45 seconds on the Detroit one.  

I got a sneak peak of the Vegas one about a month ago and have known about the jerseys for since around March or April. I think they’re awesome. They pay homage to the Las Vegas Thunder with the color scheme and the secondary logo hit as the main logo hit on the jersey is awesome. A lot of fans here think they’re better than the gold jersey, but I think it’s yet to be seen. It’ll be amazing to see both jerseys on the ice!

19 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Sabers, Blackhawks, Rangers, Capitals...winners.

Wild unis are awful. The NHL ripped the North Stars away from Minnesota and are still around in Dallas. You just can't combine the two.

Sabres jersey is awful.

Wild unis rule.

The Capitals one is atrocious too.

13 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Sabres jersey is awful.

Wild unis rule.

The Capitals one is atrocious too.

I need a Wilds jersey yesterday.

I might even become irrationally angry if the Braskys don’t switch to those full time.

Six More ECHL Teams Opting Out Of 2020-21 Season

November 18th, 2020 at 1:15pm CST • By Gavin Lee

11:45 am: The ECHL will not have a North Division this season as all six teams have decided to opt-out of the 2020-21 campaign. Jeff Marek of Sportsnet was the first to report the news, which has since been confirmed by Greg Wyshynski of ESPN and is expected to be officially announced later this afternoon. The six teams that will be ceasing operations for the upcoming season are the Adirondack Thunder, an affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, the Brampton Beast (Ottawa Senators), Maine Mariners (New York Rangers), Newfoundland Growlers (Toronto Maple Leafs), Reading Royals (Philadelphia Flyers) and Worcester Railers (New York Islanders). These six teams join the Atlanta Gladiators (Boston Bruins) and Norfolk Admirals (independent) who had already opted out.

21 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Six More ECHL Teams Opting Out Of 2020-21 Season

November 18th, 2020 at 1:15pm CST • By Gavin Lee

11:45 am: The ECHL will not have a North Division this season as all six teams have decided to opt-out of the 2020-21 campaign. Jeff Marek of Sportsnet was the first to report the news, which has since been confirmed by Greg Wyshynski of ESPN and is expected to be officially announced later this afternoon. The six teams that will be ceasing operations for the upcoming season are the Adirondack Thunder, an affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, the Brampton Beast (Ottawa Senators), Maine Mariners (New York Rangers), Newfoundland Growlers (Toronto Maple Leafs), Reading Royals (Philadelphia Flyers) and Worcester Railers (New York Islanders). These six teams join the Atlanta Gladiators (Boston Bruins) and Norfolk Admirals (independent) who had already opted out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I read an interesting article by Larry Brooks yesterday where he suggests that the Kraken float the 300 million now to the NHL

He suggests that the NHL knew all along that they were going to ask the players to take a further cut even after they extended the deal a few months ago. That is shady AF. The owners have no one to blame but themselves. I am in the players corner on this one. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AcerFC said:

I read an interesting article by Larry Brooks yesterday where he suggests that the Kraken float the 300 million now to the NHL

He suggests that the NHL knew all along that they were going to ask the players to take a further cut even after they extended the deal a few months ago. That is shady AF. The owners have no one to blame but themselves. I am in the players corner on this one. 

Extremely shady by the owners. Hopefully the players don’t go along with it, although I could sure go for some hockey right about now. 

Pierre LeBrun update

• The Jan. 1 start date both sides were clinging to is no longer realistic given where we are on the calendar. On Thursday, for the first time, the NHL asked the NHLPA about a mid-January start to the season.

• A 52-game and 56-game schedule were both discussed as options Thursday night, but a source says the preference for both sides would be 56 games for obvious revenue reasons.

• Training camps for all 31 teams would start around Jan. 2, although that could still be tweaked.

• The seven-day voluntary pre-camps for the seven teams not involved in the postseason remains on the table, a source said. But another source said it wasn’t 100 percent it could happen, that both sides need to figure that out. The NHL definitely wants it. The pre-camps for the Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Senators, Red Wings, Sabres and Devils, under this new timetable, would be slated to open in late December.

• Like 1

Covid issues

@mikemorrealeNHL: USA Hockey has replaced @TerrierHockey forward Robert Mastrosimone, def Alex Vlasic & goalie Drew Commesso w/ defensemen Tyler Kleven (University of North Dakota) and Hunter Skinner (London Knights) and goalie Logan Stein (Ferris State University) on the select camp roster.

Time to fire up a new thread???

@DarrenDreger: Sources say there will be no more discussions on proposed financial changes to the MOU outlining the terms of the CBA. Sunday the NHLPA proposed more deferred money, but didn’t include an increase in escrow percentage at any point. Focus now on a mid Jan start to season.

@DarrenDreger: To be more specific, Jan 13 is the target date for start of season. However, nothing has been finalized. https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1336144189000650754

Elliotte Friedman -

Quick update on a Monday night:

The NHL and NHLPA will continue to negotiate protocols for the 2020-21 season, but agreed that the economic framework of the newly negotiated CBA won’t be changed.

Last month, the NHL asked the players to consider increasing deferred payments and caps on escrow at certain points in the agreement. The players reacted negatively, and made it clear they would not consider touching escrow.

According to multiple sources, they were willing to defer additional monies — in exchange for what they considered a meaningful concession. One of the suggestions, for example, was slightly raising the salary cap to put more money in the system. (Yes, that could increase how much players will eventually owe to balance the 50/50 split, but with escrow caps, it is not a great concern to the current group.)

No deal could be reached, and both sides decided to move on.

What’s next? Both sides continue to grind away at the protocols for 2020-21. Training camps, opt-outs, testing, the schedule, the playoffs, re-alignment, you name it.

Targets include a Jan. 13 start to the season, with non-playoff teams reporting Dec. 28 and others on Jan. 1. No exhibition games appear likely. I believe there is a short-term “hub plan” being worked on just in case, but it is not the preference. The biggest headache might be training camp plans in places like Montreal, San Jose (Arizona?) and Winnipeg, which have strict current restrictions due to COVID-19.

It sounds like there’s a desire to get something done by the end of the week, to be voted on but the Board of Governors and the players. We’ll see where this goes, but the financial discussions are over.

12 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

I always thought the NHL played way too many exhibition games but I also think that number should be > 0. I understand why they're skipping them but I also think the first week will be sloppy at times.

54 game season means you can’t come out slow too. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

I always thought the NHL played way too many exhibition games but I also think that number should be > 0. I understand why they're skipping them but I also think the first week will be sloppy at times.

I actually always kinda liked the pre-season games as it gave you a chance to see the younger players play a lot more than they usually would in games, as well as veterans fighting for spots.  Top line guys would just get some work in, maybe some special teams time, etc...

But, with the shorter season, you would need to come out of the gates firing as playoffs could well be determined by 1 or 2 points.  Either way, hope there's a season.  Every day it seems I read something different as to how they are going to get this thing ratcheted up.