What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Congratulations NBA! (1 Viewer)

A saw a meme that said:

"A black man just called a white man who graduated from Northwestern and got an MBA at MIT uneducated.  Can you imagine if that same white man had called the black man who only graduated from high school the same thing?"

:lol:
Which website with the word freedom in it and/or a bald eagle as its logo did you get this from? 

LeBron is pretty much showing the world he's a moron.  I love how he's trying to convince everyone they are wrong.   :lmao:
Lebron is a moron?  Dude is not only one of the best basketball players of all time--he's also one the best entrepreneurs of all time. I get that people might not agree with him on his stance here-but calling him a "moron" is nothing more than a hollow hot take.  I don't agree with him in regards to this issue--but I also think that Morey's actions were completely idiotic and reckless.   The MIT graduate genius that specializes in analytics decides to be a keyboard warrior and tweet something without considering the possible ramifications of that tweet?   The second his boss apologizes for the tweet--instead of standing up for hs moral stance--he backs down immediately?  That tweet is compromising the livelihood of many peoples lives.  The NBA has employees and affiliates in China.   Is Morey going to make things right for them if it effects their livelihoods?   While I don't agree with Lebron much on this issue--I absolutely agree with him when he says that Morey did little to no due diligence before he put that tweet out and there are people who are and will be damaged by it.  

Lebron is a moron?  Dude is not only one of the best basketball players of all time--he's also one the best entrepreneurs of all time. I get that people might not agree with him on his stance here-but calling him a "moron" is nothing more than a hollow hot take.  I don't agree with him in regards to this issue--but I also think that Morey's actions were completely idiotic and reckless.   The MIT graduate genius that specializes in analytics decides to be a keyboard warrior and tweet something without considering the possible ramifications of that tweet?   The second his boss apologizes for the tweet--instead of standing up for hs moral stance--he backs down immediately?  That tweet is compromising the livelihood of many peoples lives.  The NBA has employees and affiliates in China.   Is Morey going to make things right for them if it effects their livelihoods?   While I don't agree with Lebron much on this issue--I absolutely agree with him when he says that Morey did little to no due diligence before he put that tweet out and there are people who are and will be damaged by it.  
Yes.  He's a moron.  Being a great basketball player doesn't make you smart.

And Morey used his platform to stick up for human rights.  This is what LeBron has been clamoring about for years.  Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.  Right?  Would you agree with that statement?  Because when it came time for LeBron to actually stand up for what's right, he chose not to so he could make more money.  Then he tried to convince us all that it's not about money.  It's about keeping people safe.

People are being beaten and killed in China.  But LeBron doesn't want someone to tweet about that because... get this... that tweet could get someone hurt.  You know what else could get people hurt?  Being beaten and killed in China.  

A saw a meme that said:

"A black man just called a white man who graduated from Northwestern and got an MBA at MIT uneducated.  Can you imagine if that same white man had called the black man who only graduated from high school the same thing?"

:lol:
Exactly, that is the double standard that is demonstrated every day in this country now.

And Morey used his platform to stick up for human rights.  This is what LeBron has been clamoring about for years.  Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.  Right?  Would you agree with that statement?  Because when it came time for LeBron to actually stand up for what's right, he chose not to so he could make more money.  Then he tried to convince us all that it's not about money.  It's about keeping people safe.

People are being beaten and killed in China.  But LeBron doesn't want someone to tweet about that because... get this... that tweet could get someone hurt.  You know what else could get people hurt?  Being beaten and killed in China.  
Yes Lebron is the king of morons. It amazes me people defend this dolt. 

And I can't let this go.  Can you please tell me what makes him one of the best entrepreneurs of all time?  Can you site some examples of his greatness?

And I can't let this go.  Can you please tell me what makes him one of the best entrepreneurs of all time?  Can you site some examples of his greatness?
Yes I would l Iike to hear this as well. Dribbling a ball doesn't make you an entrepreneur & getting endorsements from it doesn't either.

I think it was both about money and keeping people safe. He definitely has a point about that. ESPN had a huge story yesterday from some reporter on the scene that detailed how nervous both teams were with the situation. Both teams met together to come up with game plans on how to deal with the situation over there. 

Morey used his platform to stick up for human rights until he got into hot water with his boss--and then backed down like a mouse.  Morey is spineless and wishes he could effect the planet 1/100th the way Lebron has changed the world.  Lebron has changed the lives of more people for the better than Morey ever has or ever will. I agree that Morey's sentiments in the tweet were great--but he did no action to back it up otherwise. Now other people are stuck trying to clean up a mess that he started while he's sitting in a corner doing nothing.  If you want to respect that--that's fine--I don't.   I respect action--I don't respect words. 

I am not a Lebron apologist nor am I a fan of his.   The dude is great at basketball--but he's also quite intelligent and calling him a moron is ridiculous. You, me--as well as everybody else in this forum could all be labeled as hypocrites--and that doesn't mean we are all morons. I assure you that you support China through consumerism--I assure you that you will still watch and support the NBA even with this blunder--so maybe you should think twice before calling people morons because you don't agree with them on a few things.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Morley used his platform to stick up for human rights until he got into hot water with his boss--and then backed down like a mouse.  Morey is spineless and wishes he could effect the planet 1/100th the way Lebron has changed the world.  Lebron has changed the lives of more people for the better than Morey ever has or ever will. I agree that Morey's sentiments in the tweet were great--but he did no action to back it up otherwise. Now other people are stuck trying to clean up a mess that he started while he's sitting in a corner doing nothing.  If you want to respect that--that's fine--I don't.   I respect action--I don't respect words. 

I am not a Lebron apologist nor am I a fan of his.   The dude is great at basketball--but he's also quite intelligent and calling him a moron is ridiculous. You, me--as well as everybody else in this forum could all be labeled as hypocrites--and that doesn't mean we are all morons. I assure you that you support China through consumerism--I assure you that you will still watch and support the NBA even with this blunder--so maybe you should think twice before calling people morons because you don't agree with them on a few things.   
Yes you are.

It's not my job to educate you--you obviously have plenty of time based on the dozens of threads you seem to start here. Go and do a little bit of research and you will find that Lebron does a lot more than play basketball.   See how many boys and girls clubs he has supported. See how many schools he has supported. 

I think it was both about money and keeping people safe. He definitely has a point about that. ESPN had a huge story yesterday from some reporter on the scene that detailed how nervous both teams were with the situation. Both teams met together to come up with game plans on how to deal with the situation over there. 
We know it's about the money.  The point is LeBron has been talking about taking a stand and sticking up for those that can't speak for themselves.  Use his platform.  Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.  LeBron's life ended Monday night.

It's not my job to educate you--you obviously have plenty of time based on the dozens of threads you seem to start here. Go and do a little bit of research and you will find that Lebron does a lot more than play basketball.   See how many boys and girls clubs he has supported. See how many schools he has supported. 
I don't think you know what the word entrepreneur means.

So you're going to use, as your number 1 example of how great of a businessman he is, a school that doesn't make a profit?  Wow.  Ok.  
No, more to the point of how he’s not a moron. You can use the powerful google engine to find the rest for yourself, he doesn’t need me defending him. 

Well for one thing he set up an extremely well-received charter school in Ohio. 
Blaze pizza, owns his own production company, owns uninterrupted media company, a partial owner in Ladder--a health and wellness company. Yeah--its too bad that all he can do is dribble a ball. 

Blaze pizza, owns his own production company, owns uninterrupted media company, a partial owner in Ladder--a health and wellness company. Yeah--its too bad that all he can do is dribble a ball. 
I'm sure LeBron has started several businesses.  I doubt he really did much of the development himself, nor does he actually run them on a regular basis.

He is rich, so he does stuff with his money.  That is not being an entrepreneur, that is the standard for all of the top athletes in the world.  From MJ to Magic to Shaq to LeBron, they all dabble in business, but are hardly great at it.  They just have a greater opportunity due to their extreme fame and accumulation of wealth.

Now, I don't think LeBron is a moron, but he is also not as savvy as you are proposing either.  He is somewhere in the middle and calling out Morey was kind of a weak move.  Also semi-backing China is a pretty weak move for LeBron and not very socially conscious.

I don't think you know what the word entrepreneur means.
So when people disagree with you--you resort to dooshiness?  Funny that you can't seem to have a civil conversation with somebody that disagrees with you.   Forbes has ranked him as the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  The majority of his wealth is not coming from his NBA salary.   He's the partial owner of a soccer team, owns several businesses--I think it's you that is misinfomred about the definition of entrepreneur.  Enjoy your day. 

I'm sure LeBron has started several businesses.  I doubt he really did much of the development himself, nor does he actually run them on a regular basis.

He is rich, so he does stuff with his money.  That is not being an entrepreneur, that is the standard for all of the top athletes in the world.  From MJ to Magic to Shaq to LeBron, they all dabble in business, but are hardly great at it.  They just have a greater opportunity due to their extreme fame and accumulation of wealth.

Now, I don't think LeBron is a moron, but he is also not as savvy as you are proposing either.  He is somewhere in the middle and calling out Morey was kind of a weak move.  Also semi-backing China is a pretty weak move for LeBron and not very socially conscious.
The lack or availability of money does not eliminate people from being entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs do not have to start out being poor. Good entrepreneurship is about developing and growing wealth.  He has done a masterful job doing that.  That's not even debatable. 

Entrepreneur means a person who operates or organizes a business, unless it’s Lebron, who is just a moron who has other people doing it despite evidence to the contrary 

- this thread 

So when people disagree with you--you resort to dooshiness?  Funny that you can't seem to have a civil conversation with somebody that disagrees with you.   Forbes has ranked him as the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  The majority of his wealth is not coming from his NBA salary.   He's the partial owner of a soccer team, owns several businesses--I think it's you that is misinfomred about the definition of entrepreneur.  Enjoy your day. 
Whoa.  How was I being dooshy?  You said he supported boys and girls clubs as an example of him being an entrepreneur.  That's not what that means.  

Entrepreneur means a person who operates or organizes a business, unless it’s Lebron, who is just a moron who has other people doing it despite evidence to the contrary 

- this thread 
"He's the greatest entrepreneur ever!"

"Can we have some examples?"

"Well, he donates money and he owns a pizza business."

"Wow.  My bad.  He's the GOAT of entrepreneurs!"

Exactly.  If you get a billion dollars from endorsements and playing basketball, taking that money and buying other businesses doesn't make you a great entrepreneur.  

There is a post on this very page that answers your question. If you’re going to just sit here and be completely disingenuous then I’ll tap out. Not worth the time. 

The lack or availability of money does not eliminate people from being entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs do not have to start out being poor. Good entrepreneurship is about developing and growing wealth.  He has done a masterful job doing that.  That's not even debatable. 
Actually, it is very debatable and without access to his financial records is impossible to know.

The only thing we have complete knowledge of is his basketball contracts, which is undoubtedly the primary source of his wealth as well as his endorsements.  That he dabbles in his businesses doesn't make him a great entrepreneur.

It is like someone calling me a golfer.  Do I know how to play and do I get out to a course a few times a year?  Sure and I have even broken 90 a couple of times.  But am I a golfer compared to Tiger Woods?  Not even close. 

Dude isn't really an entrepreneur even though he plays the game from time to time.

There you are being rude and dooshy again. If you are unable to actaully invite dialoge from different points of view in threads that you start--perhaps you should stop starting them?   Forbes has him being the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  Most of his money does not come from his NBA salary (dribbling a ball).   Let me guess--you are smarter than Forbes magazine now when it comes to ranking entrepreneurship?

Actually, it is very debatable and without access to his financial records is impossible to know.

The only thing we have complete knowledge of is his basketball contracts, which is undoubtedly the primary source of his wealth as well as his endorsements.  That he dabbles in his businesses doesn't make him a great entrepreneur.

It is like someone calling me a golfer.  Do I know how to play and do I get out to a course a few times a year?  Sure and I have even broken 90 a couple of times.  But am I a golfer compared to Tiger Woods?  Not even close. 

Dude isn't really an entrepreneur even though he plays the game from time to time.
Not a great entrepreneur.  Maybe the greatest.  

Side note, I now know how to spell entrepreneur perfectly.  One less word I have to look up how to spell.

There you are being rude and dooshy again. If you are unable to actaully invite dialoge from different points of view in threads that you start--perhaps you should stop starting them?   Forbes has him being the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  Most of his money does not come from his NBA salary (dribbling a ball).   Let me guess--you are smarter than Forbes magazine now when it comes to ranking entrepreneurship?
I wasn't being rude to you.  I was being rude to Premier, who is a doosh.  I was actually conversing with you, GB.

Exactly.  If you get a billion dollars from endorsements and playing basketball, taking that money and buying other businesses doesn't make you a great entrepreneur.  
Elon musk made tons of money from paypal before he was fired.  He used that money to start and invest in companies like Space x, tesla and solar city. So let me guess--he's not a real entrepreneur because he was rich before he started those ventures?

Also, he's rich because of basketball AND endorsements.  He's probably making about 5% of his money from his businesses.  Again, look what you wrote.  He's the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  It's not saying he's rich because of being an entrepreneur.  He just happens to be rich.  From basketball and endorsements.

Elon musk made tons of money from paypal before he was fired.  He used that money to start and invest in companies like Space x, tesla and solar city. So let me guess--he's not a real entrepreneur because he was rich before he started those ventures?
He co-founded the company that eventually got sold and made him his money.  You do understand that's completely different, right, GB?

How about we phrase it a bit differently.

You are wanting to start your own business and you are making a list of people who you would like to get advice from.  Is LeBron on that list?  If someone is truly "great" at something you would want to get their advice, but I could think of about 100 people of the top of my head who I would approach before him and there are probably hundreds of thousands of true entrepreneurs who are more knowledgeable and have more impressive resumes than LeBron when it comes to entrepreneurship.

I give him credit for doing well with what he has, but he has simply been wise with an extremely advantageous financial position.  If I was looking for some advice on how to handle a huge influx of income, he would be much higher on the list, but that is a very different skill set than entrepreneurship.

Also, he's rich because of basketball AND endorsements.  He's probably making about 5% of his money from his businesses.  Again, look what you wrote.  He's the 39th richest entrepreneur under the age of 40.  It's not saying he's rich because of being an entrepreneur.  He just happens to be rich.  From basketball and endorsements.
Not true at all.   He currently has a net worth of somewhere around $450 million.  He made $35 million off of blaze alone. Made around $30 million off of his investement in beats head phones.  His share in hs soccer team has netted him approximately $25 million in profit. He also has money coming in from his production, marketing and acting ventures.   His deal with Nike will extend far past his NBA career so while his endorsement there has paid him quite a bit--it wasn't paid up front--it's an on going thing.  

He co-founded the company that eventually got sold and made him his money.  You do understand that's completely different, right, GB?
Entrepreneurship involves starting something, investing in it (whether it is time or money) and growing it into something bigger. Whether that is a child that goes around selling lemondade and turning it into an empire--or a millionaire starting and investing in companies--the definition does not change.   You can disagree with Lebron on his China stance without trying to trash his other accomplishments. I don't understand why that is an impossibility to you.  

Not true at all.   He currently has a net worth of somewhere around $450 million.  He made $35 million off of blaze alone. Made around $30 million off of his investement in beats head phones.  His share in hs soccer team has netted him approximately $25 million in profit. He also has money coming in from his production, marketing and acting ventures.   His deal with Nike will extend far past his NBA career so while his endorsement there has paid him quite a bit--it wasn't paid up front--it's an on going thing.  
But again, I say investing is not being an entrepreneur.  Warren Buffet has always said that people with money should be able to invest in things to always be able to make more money.  Money begets more money.  LeBron seems to be a smart investor.  Or probably has good money people.  But that doesn't make him the greatest entrepreneur of all time.

Entrepreneurship involves starting something, investing in it (whether it is time or money) and growing it into something bigger. Whether that is a child that goes around selling lemondade and turning it into an empire--or a millionaire starting and investing in companies--the definition does not change.   You can disagree with Lebron on his China stance without trying to trash his other accomplishments. I don't understand why that is an impossibility to you.  
Honestly, we're so far off on this, it's not worth arguing anymore, GB.  

I wasn't being rude to you.  I was being rude to Premier, who is a doosh.  I was actually conversing with you, GB.
I’m actually Capella. Like I said weeks ago, I miss the funny version of you. I wish you didn’t come back to the board; the memory of you as a decent dude was better than this. 

Edit: and I didn’t say anything rude to you deserving of that response. 

Last edited by a moderator:
But again, I say investing is not being an entrepreneur.  Warren Buffet has always said that people with money should be able to invest in things to always be able to make more money.  Money begets more money.  LeBron seems to be a smart investor.  Or probably has good money people.  But that doesn't make him the greatest entrepreneur of all time.
I think we just need to agree to disagree.  I never said he was the greatest--I said he is considered to be "one of the greatest".  How many people do you think are on the planet?  Even if he was the 4000th greatest entrepreneur of all time--that would probably put him in the top 0.01 percent.   That's pretty effing great.  People aren't completely perfect and people don't completely suck.   He's done a lot more in the world than just play basketball no matter what narrative you want to put on things.  If it makes you feel better to create your own facts and definitions---that's fine by me.  We've probably derailed this thread enough at this point.  

James is not a moron but  We call Trump voters uneducated and James is in that group as he never went to college and never earned a college  degree.

If Morey is sympathetic toward Hong Kong and wants to speak on it that is his right. Morey simply stated his support for Hong Kong..what is misinformed about that?

James is getting destroyed on social media and righty so.

James is not a moron but  We call Trump voters uneducated and James is in that group as he never went to college and never earned a college  degree.

If Morey is sympathetic toward Hong Kong and wants to speak on it that is his right. Morey simply stated his support for Hong Kong..what is misinformed about that?

Yes, I think this argument kind of got caught up in semantics of the words.  It happens a lot on this board.  I remember Shick! going off on me because I said I "hated" Tiger Woods.  And he was offended that I could hate someone I didn't even know.  When I say James is a moron, I'm not saying it meaning the guy is mentally ###### walking around with an IQ under 50.  I'm saying that in this moment, where he's saying Moray could have caused harm with his tweet, he is acting like a moron.  

Morey did nothing wrong.  In fact, he used his freedom of speech to stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves.  Something that James has claimed to be a champion of.  But when it came time to choose freedom of speech or money, James thought Space Jam 2 playing in China was more important than the Hong Kong protesters.  

I have no problem with people disagreeing with James on social media for having a different point of view on the China situation than him.  I clearly stated above that I don't agree with his whole stance either--and that my beliefs are more aligned with Morey's tweet. I do wish that Morey stood behind his tweet and didnt back down. I also said that I did agree that the tweet did and will hurt lots of people that Morey did not consider when putting it out there. There are lots of NBA employees that live and work in China.  There are former NBA players that are also there.   There will be lots of unintended victims because of that tweet--that's just a fact.   My only point of discussion here is the notion that Lebron is somehow a complete moron who is only good at dribbling a basketball.  

I have no problem with people disagreeing with James on social media for having a different point of view on the China situation than him.  I clearly stated above that I don't agree with his whole stance either--and that my beliefs are more aligned with Morey's tweet. I do wish that Morey stood behind his tweet and didnt back down. I also said that I did agree that the tweet did and will hurt lots of people that Morey did not consider when putting it out there. There are lots of NBA employees that live and work in China.  There are former NBA players that are also there.   There will be lots of unintended victims because of that tweet--that's just a fact.   My only point of discussion here is the notion that Lebron is somehow a complete moron who is only good at dribbling a basketball.  
He would have lost his job.  And never gotten another one.  That's the difference between him saying it and James saying it. 

Users who are viewing this thread