What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Im🍑ment Friday (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
As a little diversion from the normal political stuff what is you favorite 🍑reference?

Peach Cobbler

James and the Giant Peach

Eat a Peach

I ####### love peaches.  Might be my favorite fruit when in season.  My rankings:

1. Peach Pie
  2. Peach Cobbler
  3. Peach Crumble
  4. Peach Muffin
  5. Peach Ice Cream
  6. Peach Jelly and Peanut Butter sandwich

and just had a crazy peach sour beer last night.   
my last beer was a spiced peach sour - berlinnerweise base with cinnamon and cloves to take it up a notch.  It has kind of a peach-cobbler crossed with pumpkin pie but still sour vibe to it.

Thought it said  "Investment Friday"  thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Peach bourbon frozen cocktail 

2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger
6 ounces bourbon
3 ounces simple syrup
2 ounces fresh lemon juice
2 cups ice
Optional garnish: Sage sprigs
preparation
Combine 3 cups sliced peeled peaches, frozen + 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled ginger + 6 ounces bourbon + 3
ounces simple syrup + 2 ounces fresh lemon juice + 2 cups ice optional garnish: Sage sprigs
yield:

BTW in the Stephen King short story “You Know They’ve Got a Hell of a Band” (collected in Nightmares and Dreamscapes) a couple lost in Oregon fins themselves trapped in a ghost town filled with dead rock legends. As they try to escape they are chased by Duane Allman holding half of a peach in his hand...I always got a kick out of that humorous detail. 

The "peach orchard" from Gettysburg.  It is where Gen. Dan Sickles lost his leg.  After the war, his amputated leg went on display at a museum, and Sickles would visit his leg on the anniversary of the battle.  The leg is still on display at the National Museum of Health and Medicine.

Users who are viewing this thread