Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty and Redraft: QB Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. They give that analysis away for free?

The Jets are so bad QBs are getting benched because they only beat them by 24.

But is he? Tua: I admit it. You are better than I am. Joe Burrow: Then why are you smiling? Tua: Because I know something you don't know. Joe Burrow: And what is that? Tua: I am not left-

Speaking Tuesday, Dolphins GM Chris Grier committed to Tua Tagovailoa as the team's starting quarterback moving forward. 

Grier added the usual caveats: We will add competition at every position, can't rule out drafting a quarterback, etc., but it is unsurprising to hear. Even with the Texans' No. 3 overall pick, Tagovailoa did not play poorly enough as a rookie for the Dolphins to go the Josh Rosen or Dwayne Haskins route. Playing with a limited supporting cast, Tagovailoa certainly did not light up the stat sheet, but he largely avoided turnovers while hinting at play-making ability. There's no guarantee he is the long-sought answer in Miami, but his rookie year was ultimately a normal one. 

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter 

Jan 5, 2021, 3:07 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...

Dolphins coach Brian Flores issued another vote of confidence in QB Tua Tagovailoa on Thursday. 

"A lot of attention gets paid to Tua, but I thought he made a lot of improvement over the course of the season," Flores said, not unreasonably. "I'm excited about the future with him. He's a young player, talented player, bounced back from the hip. I think this is a big offseason for him. That Year 1 to Year 2 jump will be important like it is for all rookies." The Dolphins selecting another quarterback at No. 3 overall with the Texans' pick will be a popular offseason meme, but it's not going to happen. This is the same Dolphins brain trust that selected Tagovailoa, and the Twitter complaints about his play never quite matched reality. The Dolphins have two great non-quarterback options at No. 3, either landing a premium talent or trading down and accumulating more picks as they get close to completing their rebuild. 

SOURCE: ESPN

Jan 14, 2021, 6:34 PM ET