What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Murray v Jones - Why no hype? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
Maybe I’m just missing it but there seems to be very little hype on this matchup of two rookie that look like they could be part of the next top tier of QBs at some point.

Neither team is great but at the same time each are winning more than expected and it has a lot to do with Murray and Jones.

I’m actually looking forward to this game and I’m not a fan of either team.

Danny Dimes hasn’t been great since his 1st game, but he has also been missing a lot of weapons. 

Murray has been fantastic the last couple of games.

should be an interesting game for sure. 
But he has, just not statistically. He lost Barkley, Shepard, Engram and Gallman. Sometimes you have to watch the player instead of the stats.

But he has, just not statistically. He lost Barkley, Shepard, Engram and Gallman. Sometimes you have to watch the player instead of the stats.
I have watched the player and not just the statistics - he made some terrible decisions in almost every pick he threw. He looked bad doing it.

Against the Pats he was awful all night, and the only impressive play was when he wasn’t pressured -to his credit he threw a perfect pass to a tightly covered Tate - which was tipped by the DB, bounced off Tate’s face mask, and miraculously right back into his hands, where he juggled the ball a couple times before securing it for the TD.  His night would have looked a LOT worse bad Tate not pulled out an amazing catch there. 

i also pointed out that he was missing all of his weapons. It’s right below the part you bolded in your quote.  :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I’m just missing it but there seems to be very little hype on this matchup of two rookie that look like they could be part of the next top tier of QBs at some point.

Neither team is great but at the same time each are winning more than expected and it has a lot to do with Murray and Jones.

I’m actually looking forward to this game and I’m not a fan of either team.
Terrible teams.

I have watched the player and not just the statistics - he made some terrible decisions in almost every pick he threw. He looked bad doing it.

Against the Pats he was awful all night, and the only impressive play was when he wasn’t pressured -to his credit he threw a perfect pass to a tightly covered Tate - which was tipped by the DB, bounced off Tate’s face mask, and miraculously right back into his hands, where he juggled the ball a couple times before securing it for the TD.  His night would have looked a LOT worse bad Tate not pulled out an amazing catch there. 

i also pointed out that he was missing all of his weapons. It’s right below the part you bolded in your quote.  :unsure:
I actually agreed with your post, I was just pointing out that he not only lost players, but the level of players he lost. Misunderstanding. 

I actually agreed with your post, I was just pointing out that he not only lost players, but the level of players he lost. Misunderstanding. 
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. 

as an Engram shareholder across 2 leagues, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous.  Sometimes young QBs get a little shaken after something like this.

we’ll learn a little more about Danny Dimes by how he plays against what’s been a pretty soft AZ D. They get a top DB back this week, but they’ve been bad against TEs. 

having a run game should help the most though. 

The  Giants are 1 game out of 1st in a not so good division. Getting Barkley back is huge. Not as terrible as you think.
Redskins are trash. 

Eagles need secondary help badly. 

cowboys have the talent on both sides of the ball - injuries to the receiving core hurt them against the Jets.  the recent slide is a little weird considering - the defense looked bad against the Jets. Tomorrow night should be interesting. 

sure, I’ll buy the Giants being competitive in that division. Why not. 

AZ is an interesting study - improved QB play but a bad defense. I can’t see them staying with SF of SEA. Rams aren’t as bad as they’ve played on this slide - they’re the Cowboys of the  NFC West. 

Users who are viewing this thread