What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Orleans vs Chicago (-4) Game Thread (2 Viewers)

I'd be shocked if Teddy waited the 2-3 years for Brees to leave. Brees, if I had to guess, is going to keep playing because of Brady. Teddy's going to get offers to start and paid in the range of $30 million/year. Teddy's no fool. 
$30 Million?

I think he would be lucky to get something in the range of Foles. 

we all know Trubisky is probably bottom 5 starting QBs in the league, but he can't even throw toward Robinson in garbage time? 

I wasn't paying that much attention over the last couple of minutes. I look up just in time to see the Bear bat that down in the end zone and said "Wow, nice defensive save" then realized he was on offense. 🤣

Allen Robinson = the king of the garbage time touchdowns.  He learned that trade in Jacksonville, and has brought it to the Windy City! 

Brees is probably a little better than Bridgewater right now, but what about this question. Would the Saints be better off if Brees retired after the season? Bridgewater's not going to want to be a backup for another year, it's possible but not likely. 

lol, i live bet Saints -16.5. if that dopey play by Thomas ends up in a TD for the Bears that will be a lot of fun

lol, F you Aikman and your cheap ### plug for the Cowboys. If you had any idea what you were talking about maybe it would bother me more

ugh, nobody gives an S right now. jsut give them the ball again and end the game. Really don't need to examine the rules at a time like this

If I was a Bear fan.... I think every time Trubisky threw the ball and I would think back to the draft and think "we traded up a spot needlessly to get him while Mahomes went 8 spots later." and it would pain me. 

If I was a Bear fan.... I think every time Trubisky threw the ball and I would think back to the draft and think "we traded up a spot needlessly to get him while Mahomes went 8 spots later." and it would pain me. 
Put Mahomes on the Bears and would he look as good?

Credit to the NFL for taking the time to review the onside kick recovery by the Bears. These are the kind of calls that need to be correct.
Definitely don't need to explain what defensive or offensive pass interference entails nor what the review standard is.

Just sorta wing it on those.

But this -- ahhh, yes. Exactly. 

They also passed on Watson who went 2 spots after Mahomes at 12.

Pulled out a bit of squeaker against the ARob owner thank goodness for that re-establish rule

Put Mahomes on the Bears and would he look as good?
As good? No. But as a Raider fan, it gives me no pleasure to say that that muppet sounding kid is legit. He literally may end up unseating Brady as GOAT if he continues on the trajectory he is on now.

Another thing to think about though is that you might have a different HC too. I think Mahomes made Nagy a HC. Not Nagy making Mahomes a steller QB. 

And I never had faith in Trubisky. I think the reason we agreed to send Mack to the Bears was based on betting against Tribusky and getting higher draft picks from it. 

$30 Million?

I think he would be lucky to get something in the range of Foles. 
Jimmy G is making $26 million and has done less. Starting pay for a decent vet QB in the NFL now is $25/million . He's winning and showing well. $30 million isn't out of the question. It might be for fewer years but it'll be mostly guaranteed. 

I'd be shocked if Teddy waited the 2-3 years for Brees to leave. Brees, if I had to guess, is going to keep playing because of Brady. Teddy's going to get offers to start and paid in the range of $30 million/year. Teddy's no fool. 
I think Brees finishes this year and maybe one more.  But we’ll see. 

Brees is probably a little better than Bridgewater right now, but what about this question. Would the Saints be better off if Brees retired after the season? Bridgewater's not going to want to be a backup for another year, it's possible but not likely. 
This team is stacked to win now. You keep the HoF QB as long as he wants to play in that window if he still has it.   

This team is stacked to win now. You keep the HoF QB as long as he wants to play in that window if he still has it.   
I see that argument for sure. But good Qb's are hard to find and Brees is on his last legs.  Probably won't happen - unless Brees retires on his own - but there's an argument to be made to turn things over to Bridgewater.

Users who are viewing this thread