What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New England at New York (+10) Game Thread (2 Viewers)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Greetings, whoever fires these up will be back next week. I took the liberty of putting the point spreads in for the home teams, just a personal preference. 

Think Insein usually does this. 

I do want to put one bomb in the opening post and that is I expect the Jets to shock folks tonight, maybe not win the game outright although this would be a great spot but Sam Darnold changes the entire outlook and I do think 10 points is a bit rich tonight.  Pats are hobbling and seeking help via all kinds of rumors at TE and WR, remember AB was a Patriot for like 7-10 days? They are a team not comfortable with where they are at the moment despite a 6-0 record. 

#### it I'll do it, Jets in an upset 24-21, their entire season arc changes TONIGHT!!! 

Peanut Gallery: "King of Wishful Thinking" via '90 starts cascading thru the gallows...

Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight is the night that the house of cards and tweener offense falls victim to the Jets.

Shocker tonight, IMO, Jets 31-17.

I think Baker Mayfield needs to manage his time more effectively so he could have some time to practice getting better at football.

You just can't drop that ball when you're already down 10 against this team 

God I just hate being a jets fan. It really is just the worst

So, you ex-players and coaches, what’s the D against NE’s short crossing routes? 
There isn't any foolproof solution.

You need your defenders to tackle well and prevent YAC. Zone coverage with some pattern matching assignments for the bunch formations.

Sometimes an early jam can disrupt one of the crossers but you have to be careful to not get called for interference.

Meanwhile Greg Williams is sending blitzers up the middle and Brady was taking advantage of that.

The Patriots are just incredible, the catch by Bolden after watching DThomas flat drop the easiest catch he has ever had in his NFL career, and after Thomas called out Coach BB 🤣

You can't write this stuff. This is starting to feel like that year they won them all. I know the schedule will change but this is incredible. 

So far, the clothesline answer may be the only way to slow down Brady! Do the Jets have the players and coaches to try it your way?
No. Greg Williams solution is to hurt the QB. Thats all hes got.

Cashman and Mosley are good LB I think who could help in coverage on those types of routes if they are not blitzing.

Users who are viewing this thread