What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nikola Jokic for MVP! (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Last season, as we all know, Giannis won MVP.  But, as far as MVP for this year, I'm going with the Joker himself, Nikola Jokic.  I mean, I look at the lineup for the Denver Nuggets, and I feel there's no reason why they couldn't be in their first-ever NBA Finals next spring to face the Milwaukee Bucks.  That's right, I'm going on record, to say that Nuggets will beat the Los Angeles Clippers in the Western Conference Finals, and it's all because of Nikola Jokic.  He may not lead the Nuggets to their first-ever NBA championship, but I think 57 wins is more than enough for the Nuggets.  Who else besides me is on board with "The Joker" as MVP instead of Giannis and Kawhi?

Last edited by a moderator:
i will try to help this thread ( @Kev4029). i think the MVP race is coming close to being a 2-man race. there are some other candidates who are worth a consideration (Lillard and Steph always good for at least a vote, maybe 2. Paul should get some push because of how much better the Suns are this year with him, when before he was traded it was discussed as possibly the worst contract in the league. but he won't get consideration because not enough PPG for the mainstream fans and national media).

So i say it is Embiid vs Jokic. Both are dominating players that every opponent needs to take account for. Jokic is a legit player, but to make this a shorter post, i would vote Jokic for offensive player of the year, but give lean of MVP to Embiid because he does it on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Sure Jokic has played more, but it is a silly consideration for the MVP to cancel out a player if he misses 10-20% of the games because of a silly injury. Should actually be considered more, seeing how Embiid has less total minutes then Jokic, but has stats that can be competitive with him

and yes this is a  :homer: take. not sure i can be purely objective with this one, but i lean toward Embiid because there does need to be defensive presence taken into consideration

modogg said:
i will try to help this thread ( @Kev4029). i think the MVP race is coming close to being a 2-man race. there are some other candidates who are worth a consideration (Lillard and Steph always good for at least a vote, maybe 2. Paul should get some push because of how much better the Suns are this year with him, when before he was traded it was discussed as possibly the worst contract in the league. but he won't get consideration because not enough PPG for the mainstream fans and national media).

So i say it is Embiid vs Jokic. Both are dominating players that every opponent needs to take account for. Jokic is a legit player, but to make this a shorter post, i would vote Jokic for offensive player of the year, but give lean of MVP to Embiid because he does it on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Sure Jokic has played more, but it is a silly consideration for the MVP to cancel out a player if he misses 10-20% of the games because of a silly injury. Should actually be considered more, seeing how Embiid has less total minutes then Jokic, but has stats that can be competitive with him

and yes this is a  :homer: take. not sure i can be purely objective with this one, but i lean toward Embiid because there does need to be defensive presence taken into consideration
The award is Jokic's to lose at this point.  His advanced stats are through the roof, plus he has played all season and has lead his team to the top 4 of a much deeper Western Conference.  If they can hold that spot despite losing Murray, he is a shoe in.

Users who are viewing this thread