What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Still very undecided for cash, but put a gpp core together as my eye keeps going to the Oak/Houst game.  

Watson - Ekeler/Coleman - Hopkins/Stills/Metcalf/Chark - Waller - Chargers

Going back to the well with my Coleman idea and Chicago has bee pretty bad vs. the run as of late - especially pass catching RBs (giving up about 9 rec/game to RBs the last few weeks).  I like the core idea, and in my 25cent contest I will probably just try a couple different variations with the 2 bolded guys as I also like a couple other guys in that salary range.  :shrug:

KarmaPolice said:
Still very undecided for cash, but put a gpp core together as my eye keeps going to the Oak/Houst game.  

Watson - Ekeler/Coleman - Hopkins/Stills/Metcalf/Chark - Waller - Chargers

Going back to the well with my Coleman idea and Chicago has bee pretty bad vs. the run as of late - especially pass catching RBs (giving up about 9 rec/game to RBs the last few weeks).  I like the core idea, and in my 25cent contest I will probably just try a couple different variations with the 2 bolded guys as I also like a couple other guys in that salary range.  :shrug:
Agree on Ekeler. Also a Chargers stack seems like a nice gpp play. 

I really liked Hopkins to start the week, but the more I think about it, the Raiders may bracket him. They did it to Watkins in week 2.

I'm not fading Hopkins but it just seems like Stills has the door open to smash here. 

Updated cash this morning and I don't like it but I'm running with it

Watson

Barkley, Fournette, Carson

Sutton, AJ Brown, Beasley

Jonnu Smith

Texans

Beasley now makes me nervous with the high winds, but he's a short route guy so I'm hoping the high winds play to short catches.  I wanted McCaffrey in because he's the best RB in the league and gets so high useage but I felt I couldn't pull it off with Trubisky or a cheapy QB to pair with to make it work.  This seems safer.  Still don't like not having him though. 

I have this one in a bunch of single entrys:

Tanny

Fournette

Murray

Hopkins

M. Thomas Julio (I like Schwab and scared of Patrick Peterson on Thomas)

AJ Brown

Brate

Sutton G. Tate revenge trumped Sutton 

Jags

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixed results this week. Picked all the right players just not on the same lineup. Also Pats D is just ridiculous. 

Can't seem to get out of my own way.  Switched a couple things this morning quick at work.  One was an accident, and one looks to be just dumb.  Accident unfortunately taking out Coleman instead of Michel for L.Murray.  Could have sworn I clicked on Michel, but I guess not.  That one hurt.   The other was I talked myself into Hopkins instead of M.Thomas.  Hanging on at 141pts in cash with Hopkins and Michel going, but could really use them kicking it into gear.  

Gpps were OK - currently breaking even there.  Had a lot of Coleman there, but too much Ekeler.  

Best one sitting at 160 and has Brady/White/Edelman/NE D going right now.  I had Golladay/Metcalf/M.Evans in that one, but unfortunately not one of my Coleman LUs.  

Hopkins got me there, so ended up catching the 2x lines.  Did $12.50 in cash and $2.75 in gpp this week.  

Gpps were good - put $1.50 in one of the small 25cent contests and got $2.60 out there.  Best LU was that NE LU above that got 190pts.   My $1 SE was a Watson/Hopkins/Stills/Waller game stack, but Stills and Waller didn't add to that, so that didn't cash.   The last one was a 25cent sitting on the crapper LU that was a Det/NYG game stack but had Coleman in it.  I also put in 2 free contests and it hit on one for $1, and hit in the big 25cent contest for $1.25.  That one scored 187pts.  

Overall $15.25 in, $26.35 out.  

I can't seem to cash on both platforms in 1 week.  I did fine on FD cash games, lost all my DK ones this week.  

I can't seem to cash on both platforms in 1 week.  I did fine on FD cash games, lost all my DK ones this week.  
Not saying you are, but one mistake I seem to make a bit is plugging in guys that I like overall on both sites, but there are FD plays and DK plays, especially based on salary.  

I have this one in a bunch of single entrys:

Tanny

Fournette

Murray

Hopkins

M. Thomas Julio (I like Schaub and scared of Patrick Peterson on Thomas)

AJ Brown

Brate

Sutton G. Tate revenge trumped Sutton 

Jags
This lineup came in with 179.62 points and cleared the moneyline by about 25. Netted $25. Julio only had 2% ownership due to Schaub.

The Monday nite contrarian showdown lineup (I'm also a diehard finsfan):

Capt Fitzmagic

Conner

JuJu

Parker

Gesicki

Ballage

Users who are viewing this thread