What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker (1 Viewer)

What I'm saying is that Annakin might have been MADE the same way Rey was.  How do we know that the Emperor didn't do some sort of immaculate conception with Rey?  We know it's possible in this universe.  So why couldn't it have been done for her?
Well that would fit with the theme of rehashing old story lines.

What I'm saying is that Annakin might have been MADE the same way Rey was.  How do we know that the Emperor didn't do some sort of immaculate conception with Rey?  We know it's possible in this universe.  So why couldn't it have been done for her?
I know nothing. 

Except that the whole granddaddy thing is weird, and stupid IMO

First time in the thread, just came in to p### on everyone's Cornflakes.  I've been watching these movies since I saw the first one at the drive-in when I was 6 years old.  These last three movies blow.  Ok, I can deal with Episode 7, but the other two are trash (especially 8).

zed2283 said:
First time in the thread, just came in to p### on everyone's Cornflakes.  I've been watching these movies since I saw the first one at the drive-in when I was 6 years old.  These last three movies blow.  Ok, I can deal with Episode 7, but the other two are trash (especially 8).
You fit right in.

Capella said:
Palpatine was an ordinary looking dude in episode 3.  Don’t understand why people had such a barrier with this. 
even by Star Wars nerd standards this is an extremely weird ground for criticism. 

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if I was Emperor of the galaxy there's only one thing I'd be doing.

that wasn't his sons. that was his harem of wives. all embarrassed that they got busy with the gross emperor, so they wore veils and stayed in the shadows.
Wait.  He was married?  So he's not even the most powerful person in the galaxy.

So Palpatine brought about Kylo through immaculate conception but Rey the old fashioned route.

You know, the more you guys talk about this the dumber the story seems to me.

So Palpatine brought about Kylo through immaculate conception but Rey the old fashioned route.

You know, the more you guys talk about this the dumber the story seems to me.
I'm coming in late, but wouldn't you mean Anakin?

I think it's pretty clear Anakin was immaculately conceived, but whether it was by Palpatine or Plagueis is what I've always wondered about.

Lucas said it was Plagueis. Disney changed it to Papa Palps. Meaning he was technically Anakin's dad. Luke and Leia's grandpa and Kylos great grandpa. While being Rey's grandpa. :oldunsure:
So is Palpatine basically the most powerful force user ever?

um. yowza.

and that leads back to some of the original points in this entire thread...

this whole SW universe is meant for young boys so all our "important movie making theories" don't mean squat.
..which leads back to other points in the thread - just because it's targeted to young boys, doesn't mean it has to feel like it was written by a young boy.      There are plenty of things that target the same demographic that are able to tie some thoughts together and tell a coherent story.  

..which leads back to other points in the thread - just because it's targeted to young boys, doesn't mean it has to feel like it was written by a young boy.      There are plenty of things that target the same demographic that are able to tie some thoughts together and tell a coherent story.  
Like all of those threads about how the Shrek series is so ridiculous?  And how the story line makes no sense?  And how none of it seems possible?

Lucas said it was Plagueis. Disney changed it to Papa Palps. Meaning he was technically Anakin's dad. Luke and Leia's grandpa and Kylos great grandpa. While being Rey's grandpa. :oldunsure:
When did Disney change Anakin's progenitor (creator?) to Palpatine? That's ludicrous even by SW storytelling standards.

Like all of those threads about how the Shrek series is so ridiculous?  And how the story line makes no sense?  And how none of it seems possible?
I get what you are saying, but I think you also get what I am saying.   I just think saying "it's for kids" is a complete cop-out.   So is High School Musical, so are Pixar movies, so are Ernest movies,  so was Air Bud, so are Marvel movies on and on.   They don't need to be looked at in the same way, and nobody is doing that.     

When did Disney change Anakin's progenitor (creator?) to Palpatine? That's ludicrous even by SW storytelling standards.
Back in 2018, they had a comic showing it. 

This past December, after RoS came out they realized what kind of issues that would cause (or probably just forgot they made the comic until someone brought it up) so they changed it again to say the comic they made was not to be taken literally.

I get what you are saying, but I think you also get what I am saying.   I just think saying "it's for kids" is a complete cop-out.   So is High School Musical, so are Pixar movies, so are Ernest movies,  so was Air Bud, so are Marvel movies on and on.   They don't need to be looked at in the same way, and nobody is doing that.     
I agree and my example was meant as a joke to show an extreme.  

I don't think it needs to be Shrek or Casablanca.  I think it's ok to be middle of the road to above.  This is a story told over 9 movies, with side projects, all directed and written by different people, over almost 40 years.  So I accept that there might be some plot holes.  Or some things don't quite add up.  At no point, has SW tried to claim that it's the greatest story ever told.  It's entertainment.  

The standards that SW is being held up to is ridiculous, to be honest.  

Back in 2018, they had a comic showing it. 

This past December, after RoS came out they realized what kind of issues that would cause (or probably just forgot they made the comic until someone brought it up) so they changed it again to say the comic they made was not to be taken literally.
So it's back to Plagueis?

zed2283 said:
So it's back to Plagueis?
Who knows. I don't think Disney does. They just wanted everyone to know that the comic they had made a year ago is not true thanks to the movie. 

TheIronSheik said:
I agree and my example was meant as a joke to show an extreme.  

I don't think it needs to be Shrek or Casablanca.  I think it's ok to be middle of the road to above.  This is a story told over 9 movies, with side projects, all directed and written by different people, over almost 40 years.  So I accept that there might be some plot holes.  Or some things don't quite add up.  At no point, has SW tried to claim that it's the greatest story ever told.  It's entertainment.  

The standards that SW is being held up to is ridiculous, to be honest.  
I think the standards it's being held up to are the ones set forth in other movies and other forms of this story. (and yes, probably with a little "Marvel was able to do this" mixed in)  I don't think anyone here is expecting 2001 or Blade Runner.   

Probably another dumb, comp, but it's more like this:

Alien and Alien are ####### awesome.   The rest of the series is OK to bad.    So by your guys' argument it would be valid to say "dude, it's a movie about spaceships and aliens with acid for blood - what do you want??" if somebody brought up why Prometheus was disappointing?     

SW is it's own thing because of how many people grew up idolizing it and how many books/comics/cartoons people can point to.  

Probably another dumb, comp, but it's more like this:

Alien and Alien are ####### awesome.   The rest of the series is OK to bad.    So by your guys' argument it would be valid to say "dude, it's a movie about spaceships and aliens with acid for blood - what do you want??" if somebody brought up why Prometheus was disappointing?     

SW is it's own thing because of how many people grew up idolizing it and how many books/comics/cartoons people can point to.  
I would actually say:  Look how downhill Alien went after the second movie.  It's hard to keep a good story going.  Yet the SW franchise has kept a good story going for 11 movies and a bunch of side projects.  Are they perfect?  No.  But they are pretty much the only franchise doing what they do.  

Like Cappy said.... you're in too deep. 
But it's true. Where did the Star destroyers come from? Go read a technical manual. Who were the people that built and manned them? Go read an essential movie guide. What was the message Palpatine sent to the Galaxy? Had to play fortnite to find out.

But it's true. Where did the Star destroyers come from? Go read a technical manual. Who were the people that built and manned them? Go read an essential movie guide. What was the message Palpatine sent to the Galaxy? Had to play fortnite to find out.
I don’t want to know or care about any of that. I can’t honestly even tell if you’re being serious. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you sleep at night?  :shock:

I don’t want to know or care about any of that. I can’t honestly even tell if you’re being serious. 
No all of that is in the extra material.

How about how did Palpatine survive? Or we just good with space magic and call it a day? That's where we're at with Star Wars? It's basically Dr Who where there are no rules and anything is ok as long as it looks cool?

I would actually say:  Look how downhill Alien went after the second movie.  It's hard to keep a good story going.  Yet the SW franchise has kept a good story going for 11 movies and a bunch of side projects.  Are they perfect?  No.  But they are pretty much the only franchise doing what they do.  
Awesome- but of course not everyone agrees with that, and it's not because they are expecting The Godfather level movie.  

Users who are viewing this thread