What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Jacobs keeper trade advice needed - WHIR (1 Viewer)

CheeseFantasy

Footballguy
12 team league, I'm at 3-4 and in 9th place with 3 other 3-4 teams ahead of me. Here's my team:

QB--Dak, Brees; WR--Evans, OBJ, Lockett, Robby Anderson, Crowder; RB--Chubb, Josh Jacobs, Chase Edmonds, Mattison, Malcolm Brown; TE--Cook, Herndon

We are an auction draft league ($200) and each team can keep 1 player if they choose. The rules are simple: pay $10 more than what you drafted him for the following year, and then $20 more than original drafted price in year 2, then the player must be returned to the pool (so the year a player is first drafted + 2 more - 3 years total - is the max a player can be owned by one team).

Right now I am basically looking at 2 keeper options: Jacobs was drafted for $19 (so $29 and $39 the next 2 years). Top 10 RBs go in the $45-65 range. Chase Edmonds was also drafted for $1 ($11 and $21 next 2 yr). No guarantee he's worth that even, but if Johnson can't hold up or keep up, then Edmonds would be an easy RB1 for cheaper than Jacobs.

NOW - onto the trade possibility:

• Last place team is winless and looking to the future. He has interest in Jacobs, currently my top keeper option. With that value, I believe I could swing a trade of my Dak, Jacobs, and Crowder for Deshaun Watson and Marlon Mack. (If not Mack, probably David Johnson). It's 6pts for passing TDs, so an upgrade to Watson would definitely boost my offense, and if I could get Mack or Johnson to replace Jacobs, I should be sitting pretty good for a run this year.
However, I loose out on a cheaper Josh Jacobs for the next 2 years and have to settle on Edmonds. I did draft Lockett for $22, so he'd be $32 next year, but that's pushing it...

THOUGHTS? I'll gladly help you in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the surface I'd say yes. I fully believe that the NY Jets will be on the upswing after this weekend's game in Jax. Their schedule after that is so soft for 6 weeks.

The only reason I'd pause would be that you already own Robby Anderson, Crowder and Herndon. Adding Lev Bell would give you

all of the Jets starters not including the QB.

@RalphMouth - Ha, I didn't even realize that. Now that you mention it, that's is quite a few Jets to hitch my wagon to. Was hoping to eventually trade one of the Jets WRs to alleviate that, but I will have to think this over a bit more it seems. Thanks!

RalphMouth said:
On the surface I'd say yes. I fully believe that the NY Jets will be on the upswing after this weekend's game in Jax. Their schedule after that is so soft for 6 weeks.

The only reason I'd pause would be that you already own Robby Anderson, Crowder and Herndon. Adding Lev Bell would give you

all of the Jets starters not including the QB.
I don't see Bell being in the equation.  I am guessing that part was edited out.

I don't like this trade for this year or the future.  I like Jacobs much more than Mack (I don't trust Mack's health) and Dak is fine.  I actually think have 6 pt passing TD's as a loss for Watson because he doesn't get the upgrade for rushing TD's.  I would stick with what you have. 

@Gally - thanks for the input! I appreciate the insight because the intrigue of Watson was clouding my judgement.

And yes, the part that Ralph commented on was edited out (targeting Lev Bell but realizing I'd have to give up OBJ and I'd a million Jets players).

Users who are viewing this thread