What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice(Engram for T.Walker(++) (1 Viewer)

5time

Footballguy
League Format 1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 1-K, 2-DL. 2-LB. 2-DB

I am in a long running 18 team IDP/PPR Dynasty league. Owner offered me Evan Engram for Gerald Everett, Courtland Sutton, Tracy Walker(DB #2 overall in our scoring.). He offered after E. Sanders was traded to the 49ers. I am pretty deep and young at WR/TE and have 4 first rounders for 2020 as I am in a rebuild

My roster

WR: Courtland Sutton, Terry McLaurin, Mecole Hardman, Mike Williams(LAC), Curtis Samuel, Preston Williams, Auden Tate, Hunter Renfrow

TE: Gerald Everett, Noah Fant, Josh Oliver

Initially I was ready to instant accept cause I have been trying to get Engram from him for a while but the deeper I looked I am not so sure. Am I right to decline this or should I jump on Engram in 18 team single TE? I been waiting 2 years for Everett to breakout and it looks like its happening. How real is it and what is the ultimate ceiling? What is Courtlands Ceiling? Fant? I dont mind trading Dbacks as they always seem to pop up. I added Walker off waivers this season.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without accounting for league format I prefer Sutton straight up over Engram. I own Everett everywhere and I'm intrigued by his "breakout" this year as well but he's a small part of this trade. He's a nice prospect but I'd say the value on that side of the trade is 90% Sutton, 10% Everett, 0% Walker. 

I don't think the Sanders trade to the 49ers impacts Sutton's value much. Sutton was already getting the targets and he was the main guy, it might even be harder for him to produce now with Sanders gone as defenses can focus more on shutting down Sutton and the offense might be very low volume and unproductive. But Sutton profiles perfectly as a potential elite dyno WR with a high TD upside. His development will depend a lot on who he has to play with though. If he was with the Saints he would be a monster. With Flacco and Vic Fangio and nobody to draw attention away from him he might never reach his ceiling. He should be a productive WR2 type anyways but top 5 WR might be difficult. Hopefully Elway can finally find a good QB at some point or get fired. 

However...your league doesn't use flex spots? You're only starting 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE on offense? If so that might drive up the price of top 5 TEs as the drop from an elite TE to a low level starter in an 18 team league will be quite steep. Finding two good WR options weekly should be an easier task. In this type of format I would think that WR is slightly devalued. Having an elite RB becomes crucial and having an elite TE will also offer a big advantage as those positions are way more shallow than WR. 

18 teams is deep but 5 offensive starters plus a kicker is shallow (90 weekly starters) I typically play in 12-16 team leagues with 9-10 offensive starters (appx 130 weekly starters). As in any league with shallow roster requirements it becomes more about elite production and less about depth. Engram is a safer choice for elite production than Sutton/Everett so the offer seems fair to me given league format. 

I stay put.  I like Everett plus Sutton over Engram by quite a margin.   Engram is always hurt and seems fragile.  Plus he does disappear at times (like last week in a great matchup).  I think both Everett and Sutton are on the uptick and like the way the Rams are manufacturing ways to get the ball to Everett (TE screen at the 10 yd line for  a TD). 

Users who are viewing this thread