What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washington (1-6) at Minnesota (5-2) (-16.5) TNF Game Thread (1 Viewer)

There are lots of ways to make the Vikes winners by 20+ and they are North of 90% to win the game...however it's a lot of points and I won't be surprised if this ends up something like 24-10 but the reality is the Viking are on a roll, 3-0 ATS last 3 weeks and I don't see any reason the Skins can really win the game or even hang tight. 1-2 Def/ST TDs by Vikes would make an even easier night for them. Skins will likely throw and put the ball in harm's way so the opps will be there. 

No Thielen has to hurt in some way but Dalv Cook should have a huge night running the football. I expect some long gains in this one. 

How many times would Cousins have to turn the ball over to lose to the Skins tonight? I'd say 5 or more. Don't think that's going to happen.

Over/Under on page length with so many avid fans anxiously awaiting the game?
It'll pick up. The only thing stopping it is no Genesis Halftime Show. 

ilov80s has a dude or two starting. I've got a kicker. I'm here for the long haul (or until I get some needed, needed sleep)

You think they are going to quit on Callahan? This isn't the Super Bowl. 
All I remember about that Super Bowl was that its perfect Raider summation was Barrett Robbins, who before the game, got drunk and drugged up in a foreign country to not return for the game itself. He missed his own Super Bowl.

He used the plays Jon Gruden created against Jon Gruden; there was a point in the game that Lynch was calling out the Raiders plays. 

Why!? WHY! WHY?

Why, do we have to get Joe Buck in this? The World Series is going on. Can't Fox give him the day of and put anyone else in the booth?

Also, being forced to watch the garbage Fox pregame show... Where were Bradshaw and Gronk?

Oh well, I have kind of given up on that league. I loved my team but Julio, Evans, Theilen, Adams hasn't been nearly as strong as I had expected. 
Furreal, huh? I can't really give up. I have these few guys pulling everybody's weight, and they deserve attention (Robinson, Godwin, Jacobs, Waller). But boy, do my QBs ever suck in that league. Woof. That league has made me watch exactly how bad Baker has been and how gimmicky AZ is. Throw in Darnold last week, and you've got quite the trio going there. 

eta* I still like your team. I think you're maybe one RB short of the playoffs, though that could very well be an incorrect and cursory diagnosis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Furreal, huh? I can't really give up. I have these few guys pulling everybody's weight, and they deserve attention (Robinson, Godwin, Jacobs, Waller). But boy, do my QBs ever suck in that league. Woof. That league has made me watch exactly how bad Baker has been and how gimmicky AZ is. Throw in Darnold last week, and you've got quite the trio going there. 
Not really giving up but I'm not exactly doing a bunch of research on waiver moves or anything. All my focus is on my big $$$ league where I am 6-1 and in 2nd. 

I've never had "see an NFL game at a visitors' stadium" on my bucket list ... it's not like MLB where you have Wrigley, Fenway, Camden Yards ... but if I did, a Vikings game would be pretty close to the top of the list. Just seems like an awesome atmosphere there.

All you guys bemoaning the lack of fantasy goodness in this game should consider IDP.  Wealth of talent to root for here:

Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen.   Harrison Smith and Landon Collins.  Even a resurgent Anthony Barr, and a surprisingly good streaming CB in Dunbar. 

Would be kinda cool if the Vikings, along with the patriots, would stop wearing the color rush jerseys..

Not really giving up but I'm not exactly doing a bunch of research on waiver moves or anything. All my focus is on my big $$$ league where I am 6-1 and in 2nd. 
Awesome. I'm getting throttled in my mainer. Worst year ever, so I have time for the others. It's all been sit/start decisions and Big Ben getting hurt leading to close losses and single-digit QB performances in a QB-friendly league. Oof. 

That is why if I am a coach playing Washington, I never scheme my players into space down then middle of the field, just asking for fumble. 

The teach two hands on the ball in ####### Pee Wee. Two hands moron!

I've never had "see an NFL game at a visitors' stadium" on my bucket list ... it's not like MLB where you have Wrigley, Fenway, Camden Yards ... but if I did, a Vikings game would be pretty close to the top of the list. Just seems like an awesome atmosphere there.
Really? I don't think it would even be in my top 5.

It is great place to watch 🏈 

Really? I don't think it would even be in my top 5.
Think about how many NFL stadia are soulless, sterilized luxury-box havens. Once the Raiders flee the Black Hole, how many old-school NFL experiences will be left? Lambeau, Arrowhead, Soldier ... Orchard Park maybe? I can't think of too many others.

Lambeau

Arrowhead

AT&T

Heinz

Soldier Field

It's barely top 3 in the division
Heh, that was almost the exact top 5 I was thinking of. I was struggling with 4, 5, 6, including Seattle.

The other two that don't apply to me are Buffalo and New England.

ETA: Actually, I don't know how I missed it, but NO is an easy top 5.

ETA2: Also, Vegas automatically jumps into the top 5 when they, you know, have games...

Worth turning on the TV for this?  Only starting Everson griffin in an IDP league I'm already out of the playoffs in.

Users who are viewing this thread