What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DE CHASE YOUNG Ohio State Buckeyes (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
In case their was any doubt, meet the first defensive player taken next year's 2020 NFL draft

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Nagy‏Verified account @JimNagy_SB 17h17 hours ago

Ohio State DE Chase Young will be the easiest evaluation in recent memory for NFL scouts. More athletic, explosive, and disruptive than Nick Bosa and Bosa is on his way to winning NFL Defensive Rookie-of-the-Year.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DE CHASE YOUNG Ohio State Buckeyes 

CLASS  Junior

HT/WT  6' 5", 265 lbs

2019 SEASON STATS

• SOLO  22
  • SACK  13.5
  • FF  5
  • INT  0
-------------------------------------------------------------

📽️   Video of Chase in action

Look at that first sack where he's not double but TRIPLE blocked and he still bull rushed through to the sack.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's better than the Bosa's. Whether he's better than Garrett or not will be determined in Indy.

He is a beast. Fast and strong. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.  I like in THIS interview how he answers in detail and looks right at every person that asked him questions. No short blowoff answers like some do

If the Bengals get the top pick can they really take him over burrow? There's some hometown advantage but probably not enough to pass on a franchise QB.

Obviously the Redskins would love to take him, as would the Cardinals or Giants.  

I'm looking forward to Strahan interviewing him if he's a giant.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Ohio State DE Chase Young has officially declared for the 2020 NFL draft.

9:57 AM - 3 Jan 2020

I have pick 1.11 and I am hoping he is still there when I am on the clock.  Last year I had pick 1.10 and took Bosa.  I will be happy to line up Bosa and Young as my cornerstones.
I have chronically bad DE groups and decided this was the year to change that, at least in one league. It's superflex so he can be a had a few picks later and I acquired 2 extra 1st round picks so I got Jeudy & Jefferson to fill my WR need so I could make the 1.12 a "luxury" pick. 

I have chronically bad DE groups and decided this was the year to change that, at least in one league. It's superflex so he can be a had a few picks later and I acquired 2 extra 1st round picks so I got Jeudy & Jefferson to fill my WR need so I could make the 1.12 a "luxury" pick. 
Mine is also a SF league.  Last year I had two first rounders (1.06 and 1.10).  I took Daniel Jones at 1.06 and Bosa at 1.10.  I was extremely happy as those were the top two on my list knowing when I was picking.  For my leagues the top IDP guys are usually started mid 1st.  Last year the Devin's went pick 8 and 9. 

I don't think any FF site uses Ourlads so that shouldn't be an issue. Young will play DE and should be listed as such on any site that doesn't use Edge, and I'd wager even those may still have him as DE unless it becomes clear he's not.

Recent article speculating LB core that doesn't even consider Young as LB. An older article from the same site on DE that predicts Young/Sweat as starters.

Fantasydata.com, which feeds depth charts to Sleeper, has Chase Young at WLB, grouped with SD Hamilton and J Harvey-Clemons. I can't understand why someone that bad at making depth charts would want to be in that business. 

Users who are viewing this thread