What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand these rules, what is acceptable and what isn't. I guess I can cut and paste an article link if it is relevant to a thread and maybe a Tweet, but I am not even sure of that. If the goal is to immobilize people to not posting at all for fear of getting suspended, then mission accomplished. 

@Maurile Tremblay - not that my opinion matters but I like the new rules and think it will go a long way to cleaning things up.  I hope allows you and the other kids to implement this and reevaluate down the road if needed.  Thanks for all you do moderating the boards!

That is how I really feel and I am not supposed to articulate in the thread that announces the new rules?
I disagree with you that the rules are unclear. They seem pretty clear to me. I also disagree with you that they are designed to keep people from posting. That seems like an unfair complaint to me, and that is the part I found to be unhelpful. IMO. 

And this post seems... Perfectly acceptable in this thread, but I'm just arbitrarily pointing out that it's the kind of thing that won't fly in threads about the home mortgage interest deduction.
Understood, which is why I wrote in this thread but would not anywhere else. 

I really don't understand these rules, what is acceptable and what isn't. I guess I can cut and paste an article link if it is relevant to a thread and maybe a Tweet, but I am not even sure of that. If the goal is to immobilize people to not posting at all for fear of getting suspended, then mission accomplished. 
I’m fascinated by the fact that many people seem to honestly not understand the rules. I also feel that some are honestly having a really hard time grasping what Joe wants here. It seems that having conversations, maybe specifically political conversations, in this way is actually really hard for some people. There are clearly many of us who do understand the rules and what Joe wants and we’ve been having conversations this way for years. There is some kind of psychology of communication thing going on here. 

Truth be told. This thread (or more so, the actions resulting from this thread) are going to be much more interesting to witness than any other thread that has been started in the PSF in the past year. Posters are walking on eggshells trying to determine what they can and can't post. As an end result they condense it to facts, links and nothing that could even be construed as offensive to anyone. 

It's euphoria. Now if Maurile could find a way to extrapolate this out to society we'd be on to something really big. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s pretty easy to post stuff that doesn’t complain about other people or the moderators or being suspended. It’s pretty easy not to be rude to anyone here, and not to make offensive comments. 

Because people care about what is being asked and want to make sure they are being respectful of the people providing this forum for us. 
No I mean why would anyone need to walk on eggshells? These rules are easy to follow. It shouldn’t be difficult for anyone to do so. 

Because there are people that have trouble getting their point across without adding adjectives and descriptors that take jabs at the person they are replying to. 
Sorry but I don’t believe this. I don’t think anybody has trouble with this. If they are attacking somebody else it’s because they want to do so. 

It’s pretty easy to post stuff that doesn’t complain about other people or the moderators or being suspended. It’s pretty easy not to be rude to anyone here, and not to make offensive comments. 
Maybe it isn’t easy for some people. I’ll admit that I originally read @squistion‘s post and I assumed he was just being difficult by saying he didn’t understand. But, I can’t ignore that many people have said over the years that they don’t get it. There’s a lot of evidence that this isn’t easy for some people. 

And I know for me that there are things that are seemingly easy that I have a hard time with. 

The basic gist is: don't be a board cop. Comment on substantive issues. Don't comment on other people's posting habits.

Maybe it isn’t easy for some people. I’ll admit that I originally read @squistion‘s post and I assumed he was just being difficult by saying he didn’t understand. But, I can’t ignore that many people have said over the years that they don’t get it. There’s a lot of evidence that this isn’t easy for some people. 

And I know for me that there are things that are seemingly easy that I have a hard time with. 
It’s only difficult, for me at least, when somebody posts something snarky about me. Then I feel the urge to post something snarky back, which was always a bad idea and now which won’t be tolerated period. But whenever I posted something snarky, or rude, or complained about somebody else, I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. It wasn’t like “gee I was just trying to make a point about something and-oops- I threw in a personal insult, don’t know how that got there.” I think everybody here knows when they post something like that. 

It’s only difficult, for me at least, when somebody posts something snarky about me. Then I feel the urge to post something snarky back, which was always a bad idea and now which won’t be tolerated period. But whenever I posted something snarky, or rude, or complained about somebody else, I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. It wasn’t like “gee I was just trying to make a point about something and-oops- I threw in a personal insult, don’t know how that got there.” I think everybody here knows when they post something like that. 
Congratulations.  I don't see why you have such an issue understanding that not everyone is like you.  

I understand what you're saying. But, in the case of issues where the facts aren't clear and it relies heavily on personal opinion, it will be difficult for people to debate without attacking the other person. I know this doesn't apply to the FFA,  but when you discuss something like the best hamburger, it becomes suggestive. You can build the case why X is the best choice, but you may also choose to state why Z is bad. That moves into an area where personal insults could happen. Perceived or real. I see this being the case with things like Democratic candidates. 

Just so we can stay up to date on any changes if there is anything beyond what's in the original post added can that post be amended and a note put in the title so we know to check and get updates. TY

The basic gist is: don't be a board cop. Comment on substantive issues. Don't comment on other people's posting habits.
Not posting about how posters post seems easy. What about quoting them and refuting what they post? Or, asking questions for debate and/or clarification reasons? Or, what is I post something, that isn’t offensive, but some poster, in their mind, deems it to be offensive? While I don’t find the rules to be too obscure, I could see the mods having problems with pissing matches that begin when the mods are away and then having to comb through to find the originator. 

Just so we can stay up to date on any changes if there is anything beyond what's in the original post added can that post be amended and a note put in the title so we know to check and get updates. TY
Something like this?

YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED - AGAIN!!

Thanks for checking.

The post consisting of a laughing emoji in that context seems fine in any thread because, as far as I can tell, it meant "Ha ha, that was a good one, my friend" rather than "lol your dumb."

Your post is fine in this thread, but wouldn't be allowable in a thread about Medicaid expansion.
Most of this is...meh..... but the pretend kinda potentially real thread topics you are coming up with are hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread