Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it

This place must have been pretty wild the past few years I've been away.  Also that BBQ looks amazing. Also  at logging in and seeing a notice "Joe Bryant mentioned you in a thread YOU ARE A

I’m going to risk being suspended by going off topic, sorry Maurile.  This put a smile on my face on a very depressing day. My little buddy, family dog, is being put to sleep tonight. Poor guy got MRS

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I haven't seen it.  :shrug: 

 

He checked out voluntarily iirc

ETA: see below

Edited by Osaurus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seeing the tail end of the thread with @Ditkaless Wonders  That's a super bummer.

It's the worst kept secret on the internet that I have favorites. DW is one. Looks like he was suspended a week for his corona virus post. That sounds about right. Even if it could be read another way, it reads like the Trump tweet with Obama and Ebola. 

I know one thing though - DW is big hearted. He's always been exceptionally kind to me and tried to make my job easier. I certainly hope he stays. The board is better for it. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tonydead said:
3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I've been pretty supportive and optimistic about this forum. 

I understand it's fun to pull the "hey, I got you suspended!" bit.  I understand it's nifty to play the "favoritism/victim" card for some segment of people here.  But when your glee and your fun is based on reporting a man with progressive dementia to the moderators and lobbying to have him suspended, and then making fun of him when he comes back and posts an angry statement, you've lost me.

There are some really good people on this board.  I hope for good things for them. There are some people here wasting air.  I hope they plant trees or something to make up for it.

Link?  Because that's a pretty bold statement.

DW blamed Bozeman although the FBG Moderator's signature  "Don't" when suspending someone happened two pages before Bozeman even posted in that thread.  In fact it happened almost immediately after he posted what he did.  

I don't report, but, that post would qualify as reportable, imo.  Are you saying posts like that shouldn't be reported?  Or they shouldn't be reported if the poster has a medical condition and how are we supposed to know what posters medical conditions are?

DW made his post at 5:38 a.m.

The moderator responded at 6:23 a.m.

It would be fallacious to assume that the post was not reported during that 45-minute span.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

DW made his post at 5:38 a.m.

The moderator responded at 6:23 a.m.

It would be fallacious to assume that the post was not reported during that 45-minute span.

Did anybody say it wasn't reported? I think the "glee and fun" part if it. Is what people took issue with. I think everybody assumes it must have been reported. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

DW made his post at 5:38 a.m.

The moderator responded at 6:23 a.m.

It would be fallacious to assume that the post was not reported during that 45-minute span.

I didn't assume that if you read the next paragraph.  I'm assuming Bozeman didn't do it as he didn't start posting in that thread until 4:11 p.m.   Two pages and 10 hours later.  DW accused him of "lobbying for his suspension" and "calling for his suspension".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news.  I'm back after a month time out.  I'd like to say at this time I learned nothing.  I tried to search my soul. (I tried to learn how I can help make this forum better.)  But my soul is a cold dead empty thing.   Like most conservatives.

On the even brighter side.  I doubt anybody even knew I was gone.  Anonymity has its benefits.

Go Lions.

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

Great news.  I'm back after a month time out.  I'd like to say at this time I learned nothing.  I tried to search my soul. (I tried to learn how I can help make this forum better.)  But my soul is a cold dead empty thing.   Like most conservatives.

On the even brighter side.  I doubt anybody even knew I was gone.  Anonymity has its benefits.

Go Lions.

I didn’t notice you were gone. But to be fair, I never noticed you when you were here, either. :lmao:

Welcome back. And go Lions!

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Great news.  I'm back after a month time out.  I'd like to say at this time I learned nothing.  I tried to search my soul. (I tried to learn how I can help make this forum better.)  But my soul is a cold dead empty thing.   Like most conservatives.

On the even brighter side.  I doubt anybody even knew I was gone.  Anonymity has its benefits.

Go Lions.

You didnt get suspended over the whole sunshine kerfuffle did you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Great news.  I'm back after a month time out.  I'd like to say at this time I learned nothing.  I tried to search my soul. (I tried to learn how I can help make this forum better.)  But my soul is a cold dead empty thing.   Like most conservatives.

On the even brighter side.  I doubt anybody even knew I was gone.  Anonymity has its benefits.

Go Lions.

A month!?!? Dang!

Good to have you back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Is this the thread where we whine about being suspended, even though we couldn't be posting here if we were?

Please come back and edit this when you sober up. It makes no sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Great news.  I'm back after a month time out.  I'd like to say at this time I learned nothing.  I tried to search my soul. (I tried to learn how I can help make this forum better.)  But my soul is a cold dead empty thing.   Like most conservatives.

On the even brighter side.  I doubt anybody even knew I was gone.  Anonymity has its benefits.

Go Lions.

BTW, as a conservative Lions fan who presumably loves Barry and hates Bernie, I thought this Venn diagram might help you in keeping all of your Sanderses straight

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Is this the thread where we whine about being suspended, even though we couldn't be posting here if we were?

Received a nice 365 day vacation (and I'm not a conservative, ermagerd!) that just expired a couple months ago.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Two posters on suspension for wanting the President and his entire family dead.  And a whole lot of people defending them.  Have we ever been this low?

Well they didnt actually want them dead...so lets start withal a little honesty.  And given all the free “insert poster name here” post anytime a pro T poster rightfully gets a timeout...why even post like this?

Also...DW has been defended because his history here as a solid poster.  And rightfully so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Two posters on suspension for wanting the President and his entire family dead.  And a whole lot of people defending them.  Have we ever been this low?

Eh, the Trump hate stays consistently pretty low but it’s getting extreme for sure. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well they didn't actually want them dead...so lets start withal a little honesty.  And given all the free “insert poster name here” post anytime a pro T poster rightfully gets a timeout...why even post like this?

Also...DW has been defended because his history here as a solid poster.  And rightfully so.

Yes, that would refreshing for a change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It's hard to argue against the fact that the country would be a better place if the Trump family went away, no matter what the circumstances.

This is in response to DW's post about wanting the Trump family to contract the virus.   You're not going to convince any jury outside of the PSF that Apple Jack was pulling for them to recover from the virus so they can go away on a nice long vacation to Tahiti.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonydead said:

Two posters on suspension for wanting the President and his entire family dead.  And a whole lot of people defending them.  Have we ever been this low?

"we as a PSF?"  subjective..."we" as a society, not even close unfortunately

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Maybe lead by example?

I do all the time by correcting the record (with links) of what I see are misstatements of facts and sometimes outright falsehoods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squistion said:

I do all the time by correcting the record (with links) of what I see are misstatements of facts and sometimes outright falsehoods.

Awesome.  It should be really easy to go back thru your posting history and find a few examples of stuff that happens all the time.  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, squistion said:

I do all the time by correcting the record (with links) of what I see are misstatements of facts and sometimes outright falsehoods.

Just a heads up, just cause someone tweets something doesn’t make it fact. 😉

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonydead said:

This is in response to DW's post about wanting the Trump family to contract the virus.   You're not going to convince any jury outside of the PSF that Apple Jack was pulling for them to recover from the virus so they can go away on a nice long vacation to Tahiti.

And that still doesn't equal wanting them dead.

From people complaining that people are taking Trumps words wrong...you seem to be doing similar with posters here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Odd how some cant stay away during a suspension.

Coy stuff like this helps zero. If you know for a fact someone is doing something wrong, report it. If not, try to be helpful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Coy stuff like this helps zero. If you know for a fact someone is doing something wrong, report it. If not, try to be helpful.

I think you know well there are several here using aliases to get around suspension though (and no, it not only one side or the other)
Actually proving that on our end is quite a bit tougher.  And I also understand policing that and preventing is next to impossible as they can keep popping up.

But i agree it isn’t helpful in threads which is why i put it here and will drop it.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I think you know well there are several here using aliases to get around suspension though (and no, it not only one side or the other)
Actually proving that on our end is quite a bit tougher.  And I also understand policing that and preventing is next to impossible as they can keep popping up.

But i agree it isn’t helpful in threads which is why i put it here and will drop it.

I don't know that at all. If you do, report it. If you don't, please drop it and be helpful instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, Joe Bryant said:

Coy stuff like this helps zero. If you know for a fact someone is doing something wrong, report it. If not, try to be helpful.

Isn't ignoring known aliases being coy?

Your moderators know who the aliases are. It's not an difficult to see someone show up with a 1 or 2 post count and immediately reference a long standing personal joke. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KCitons said:

Isn't ignoring known aliases being coy?

Your moderators know who the aliases are. It's not an difficult to see someone show up with a 1 or 2 post count and immediately reference a long standing personal joke. 

I haven't been spending as much time in this forum as I used to.  In the past, it would be obvious to me when an alias popped up.  However, now, I have no idea.  

I think many of the regulars are watching the forum way more closely than the moderators.  It makes total sense to me that they wouldn't be aware unless they were told.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Isn't ignoring known aliases being coy?

Your moderators know who the aliases are. It's not an difficult to see someone show up with a 1 or 2 post count and immediately reference a long standing personal joke. 

Whatever.   Move on.   The alias obsession is a weird one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, KCitons said:

 

Your moderators know who the aliases are. It's not an difficult to see someone show up with a 1 or 2 post count and immediately reference a long standing personal joke. 

You are wrong.

We're not psychic.

If we go search out a specific poster and spend time, we can run diagnostics to try and tell. But we don't know. Which makes me wonder posters think they know. I know about 1% of the personal jokes here. Please don't waste the moderators time. If you somehow have special knowledge and know for sure a poster is an alias, report it. If not, please just help each other. Thanks. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

I haven't been spending as much time in this forum as I used to.  In the past, it would be obvious to me when an alias popped up.  However, now, I have no idea.  

I think many of the regulars are watching the forum way more closely than the moderators.  It makes total sense to me that they wouldn't be aware unless they were told.

The problem with the bolded is that Joe wants people to help moderate. Except when they moderate too much. Then he wants them to shut up. He wants an impossible balance and takes it out on posters when it doesn't work. 

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Whatever.   Move on.   The alias obsession is a weird one. 

You're not paying attention. My post wasn't about aliases. It as about poor moderation and expectations by Joe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

You are wrong.

We're not psychic.

If we go search out a specific poster and spend time, we can run diagnostics to try and tell. But we don't know. Which makes me wonder posters think they know. I know about 1% of the personal jokes here. Please don't waste the moderators time. If you somehow have special knowledge and know for sure a poster is an alias, report it. If not, please just help each other. Thanks. 

 

Sorry you see it this way. I believe you are wrong. You don't have to be psychic to figure it out. You have this weird expectation of people here.

It's either too much or too little. The impossible Goldilocks where nothing is "just right". 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, timschochet said:

@supermike80 I disagree with you about 99.99% of the time. But not here. I agree with you 100% Who cares about this? 

ShoNuff has an absolute obsession with this - to the point where he's harassed me repeatedly via PM.  I personally think it's ridiculous because technically we're all using aliases in lieu of our real names (most of us, anyways).  Pretty sure ShoNuff is not ShoNuff's real name.  And KCitons is not KCitons real name either.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

ShoNuff has an absolute obsession with this - to the point where he's harassed me repeatedly via PM.  I personally think it's ridiculous because technically we're all using aliases in lieu of our real names (most of us, anyways).  Pretty ShoNuff is not ShoNuff's real name.  And KCitons is not KCitons real name either.

I have not harassed anyone on the board nor via PM. And this false accusation is absolutely ridiculous.  Please stop spreading false things about me sir.

Also...its a disingenuous defense with the we are all aliases...it’s obvious the discussion is about those who get a new ID to get around a suspension or ban or to hide who they once were.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I have not harassed anyone on the board nor via PM. And this false accusation is absolutely ridiculous.  Please stop spreading false things about me sir.

Also...its a disingenuous defense with the we are all aliases...it’s obvious the discussion is about those who get a new ID to get around a suspension or ban or to hide who they once were.

Sooooooo not moving on in regards to aliases.  Roger that

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supermike80 said:

Sooooooo not moving on in regards to aliases.  Roger that

I was...until someone decided to make false accusations about me.

And even then the only comment was the claim that we are all aliases is ridiculous.  Agree?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...