Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Disrespecting Donald Trump vs disrespecting the office of the Presidency

timschochet

Alabama has a high % of out of state students, something like 60%, in order to rake in big tuition bucks. They mostly recruit from wealthy white areas of the country to maintain this. Most of those students probably don’t support Trump (thousands are from Illinois for instance). If it were only down to the students I doubt Trump could count on majority support.

Buuut… that stadium holds 100k people and most of them ain’t students, so while I remain hopeful for additional boos I expect a majority in attendance will support Trump. But if they don’t, megalol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

You tryna get me banned for answering that?? 😉

I think my question should've gone in the Trump rally thread. But the question about who constitutes "everyday regular American" is an intriguing one with an ever-changing answer. And conservatives/traditionalists usually are a little slower in identifying and adapting to change than their non-conservative counterparts. That's not meant to be a dig; differing perspectives toward change are pretty much the defining characteristics of our social politics.

So, let's be real here.  His ego has been so bruised by the World Series debacle and now this UFC fight that he's just looking to butter himself up by pandering to the Deep South, right?   It comes off like an insecure person fishing for compliments.  It's the equivalent of playing a video game on hard mode, getting your ### kicked, and immediately turning it back to easy mode so you can feel good about yourself.

2 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

So, let's be real here.  His ego has been so bruised by the World Series debacle and now this UFC fight that he's just looking to butter himself up by pandering to the Deep South, right?   It comes off like an insecure person fishing for compliments.  It's the equivalent of playing a video game on hard mode, getting your ### kicked, and immediately turning it back to easy mode so you can feel good about yourself.

According to Trump's base he was not booed at the UFC event at all so I'm sure Trump isn't phased at all by it.

4 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Good people all over this country. 

Cheering or booing a person is wholly irrelevant to a person's goodness. It should also be factored in that most everyone in the stadium is probably a 6-pack in by now, and could use the distraction from the pasting on the field.

5 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Cheering or booing a person is wholly irrelevant to a person's goodness. It should also be factored in that most everyone in the stadium is probably a 6-pack in by now, and could use the distraction from the pasting on the field.

:confused: The cheering was before the game started and blaming alcohol :lmao:

Edited by John Blutarsky
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

:confused: The cheering was before the game started and blaming alcohol :lmao:

FWIW, I don't care how they treat him, alcohol or not. But let's not pretend that a group of college students/alumni in an SEC stadium in various states of inebriation provide an accurate cross section of the nation at large.

7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11)

11/9/19, 4:14 PM

I don’t care about the president being booed in Washington DC

This is how real America feels about ⁦‪@realDonaldTrump‬⁩

Incredible!

Will the MSM report on this as extensively as they reported on the Nationals game?

RT so they can’t ignore!

pic.twitter.com/Fm2BWMeugB

Ahh the old “real America” schtick. So pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kal El said:

FWIW, I don't care how they treat him, alcohol or not. But let's not pretend that a group of college students/alumni in an SEC stadium in various states of inebriation provide an accurate cross section of the nation at large.

That nation at large elected Trump to be President. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

He won the election and that is honest. What is your point about Trump getting cheers at the LSU/Alabama game?

He can answer for himself, but it seems rather clear:

14 minutes ago, Kal El said:

But let's not pretend that a group of college students/alumni in an SEC stadium in various states of inebriation provide an accurate cross section of the nation at large.

I don't think he's speaking in code.

11 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

He won the election and that is honest. What is your point about Trump getting cheers at the LSU/Alabama game?

I'm saying that drunk college students and guys trying to relive their glory days don't reflect the nation as a whole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

I'm saying that drunk college students and guys trying to relive their glory days don't reflect the nation as a whole. 

Wow.....that's quite an interesting broad generalization. So drunk college students support Republicans? I would love to see a link to that. 

Just now, John Blutarsky said:

Wow.....that's quite an interesting broad generalization. So drunk college students support Republicans? I would love to see a link to that. 

He was in the Deep South, where his base is ubiquitous. Since most of the nation is not the Deep South, it does not reflect the views of the nation at large. 

What else you got?

9 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

link

Look at the map.. its in Alabama and bingo thats where Roy Moore ran and was almost elected by the residents of Alabama.  Where they also advised the students not to act up or they would lose their seats for future games.  

IF President Trump does not get cheered in Alabama .. then he is in more trouble than anyone thought.       

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s like writing off the Nationals fans that boo’d as probably Marion Berry voters 

meh....anyone putting any stock in the "cheering" or "booing" outside the comedic factor of them putting stock in it is a group all in the same boat...just rowing in different directions.

2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I know this is probably way outside the box...but MAYBE college students in Alabama respect the President?

Did anyone not expect him to get cheered in Alabama? That’s why he went, he’s apparently deeply hurt that he got booed at the World Series.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Link that he was deeply hurt

He’d been to like 3 sporting events prior to getting booed at the WS. Now he’s going to them weekly at venues where he feels he’ll be cheered.

These things don’t seem to be a coincidence.

Let’s call it an observation.