What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Call: A WR WW FIX (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
Anyone else doing  well in their league but struggling at WR? Who are the WRs to get in fantasy now?

Lotto tickets? Weekly streams? High volume floors? Volatile ceiling plays? Maybe even buy super lows?

This is for anyone desperate at WR. 

Anyone else doing  well in their league but struggling at WR? Who are the WRs to get in fantasy now?

Lotto tickets? Weekly streams? High volume floors? Volatile ceiling plays? Maybe even buy super lows?

This is for anyone desperate at WR. 
I think a lot of folks are dumping Lazard right now with Adams return. I’d suggest he’s a hold - he’s been leading the team in targets, and could have WR3/flex value if Alison or MVS have any issues or (full, knock on wood) Adams has a setback. 

only name that really comes to mind this late in the season.

oh, and I’ve noticed Snead is pretty under-owned. Baltimore just signed him to an extension, and he’s had some sneaky good value this season. He might be a name go keep handy if you’re WR-desperate. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I will throw some names out that I think could help teams and would like to hear thoughts on

Dionte Johnson- Pitt

Demaryius Thomas- NYJ

Jamison Crowder- NJJ

Darrius Slayton- NYG

Hunter Renfrow- Oak

Out of the names mentioned so far, Diontae stands out to me.

But I am crosssing fingers and going in another direction this week, with some of my guys on Bye or carrying knocks (Hollywood, Fuller):

hello Danny Amendola! He's becoming a reliable security blanket in the Stafford resurgence, and has a favorable matchup in week 9. 

Definitely worth a look in half point, or PPR

Out of the names mentioned so far, Diontae stands out to me.

But I am crosssing fingers and going in another direction this week, with some of my guys on Bye or carrying knocks (Hollywood, Fuller):

hello Danny Amendola! He's becoming a reliable security blanket in the Stafford resurgence, and has a favorable matchup in week 9. 

Definitely worth a look in half point, or PPR
Love Diontae as well but he wasn’t available in the league where I need a wr. Amendola was so he’s my dude this week and beyond if he shows well. In 4 games with 30+ snaps he’s had: 25.4, 0 😐, 19.5, 17.5. Amazing matchup this week against a team poor against the pass and with the second highest O/U of the week. 

edit- the weeks his snaps were under 30 were the week he got hurt and his first week back off injury. So barring an in-game injury his snaps will be high again.

Green Fuller MVS and then last week Westbrook have conspired to make my WR2 a disaster.

Debated Metcalf Amendola or Dionte Johnson for this week's plug and play prayer. Settled on Metcalf vs TB. 

I will throw some names out that I think could help teams and would like to hear thoughts on

Dionte Johnson- Pitt.  Definitely worth a speculative add. IF Pittsburgh rights the ship and the offense starts clicking, he should definitely have value. I just grabbed him in a short bench league where I may never use him, but if the chips fall correctly, he could be a most week starter.

Demaryius Thomas- NYJ.  Sneaky value here.  He has been getting 4 to 5 targets a game. Not much, but he's made the most of them.  If he stays healthy, he could see his targets rise as he builds rapport with Darnold.  He could also become more of a red zone target.  I could see him evolving into a some week starter.  

Jamison Crowder- NJJ.  I am not buying. But that is possibly due to a seasons' long bias against him as "fools gold". 

Darrius Slayton- NYG.  Interesting option.  But I don't think the volume will be there for him to be consistent.  I like him more for 2020 than this year. Even then, I think he is a longer shot.

Hunter Renfrow- Oak.  I was interested earlier in the season, but have lost interest.  He got 8 targets in 2. But except for that game, his targets have been between 3 and 5 every single week.  Last two weeks 3 and then 4.  I don't see his target share growing in Oaklands soso offense. Plus, I actually saw the td he scored this week.  I was not impressed with his speed. A speed demon might be able to be fantasy relevant with 4 or 5 touches a game.  I don't think Renfro is.
I have acutally recently (this week) picked up DJ, DT and Slayton.  I have hope (but not expectation) that DJ and DT will be useful this year.  DT is a clear drop at the end of the season (dynasty) even if he proves useful this year. DJ is both a this year and clearly a long play.  Slayton is stricty a "next year" play.

major fliers:

zach pascal
Pascal had a disappointing week. But so did the entire Colt offense.  His last few weeks have been hopeful and I'd add him to the list of player to sit at the end of your bench and you might find you have something useful this year.  I'd personally upgrade him deom a major flier to simply a flier.

I think a lot of folks are dumping Lazard right now with Adams return. I’d suggest he’s a hold - he’s been leading the team in targets, and could have WR3/flex value if Alison or MVS have any issues or (full, knock on wood) Adams has a setback. 
I am going in the opposite direction. I am/(have) dumped MVS and have added Lazard.  This is on dynasty teams though on some of my rebuilds where I am hoping long-term he becomes the #2 that we (or at least I) thought MVS was.  But on some of my rebuilds, I hold out the slimmest of hope that once Devante comes back, Lazard will continue to get looks and gain market share over all the non-Adams wrs and could become a stream starter.

Pascal had a disappointing week. But so did the entire Colt offense.  His last few weeks have been hopeful and I'd add him to the list of player to sit at the end of your bench and you might find you have something useful this year.  I'd personally upgrade him deom a major flier to simply a flier.
Sorry, by major I meant like they are definitely fliers/High risk but have a chance to be decent.

Anthony Miller's targets are going up in Chi. I scooped him up in a deep bench league in the hopes that it's a thing and not just a game script fad

I appreciate the input. I am considering rolling out Crowder and DT this week against Miami. Pray for me. I do think moving forward that Diontae Johnson and Pascal are the best bets for success. 

I appreciate the input. I am considering rolling out Crowder and DT this week against Miami. Pray for me. I do think moving forward that Diontae Johnson and Pascal are the best bets for success. 
I wish I had PFF elite. The regular PFF subscription, via Rotoworld, had noted that Pascal's routes run had increased even though he only saw two targets last game. I'd personally think (this is my gut) that some of the Jets are good buys, but a lot has to go right for them to keep playing hard. Their defense has been chipped away at by the front office, so it'll be interesting how that affects the other side of the ball.

Oh, and morale is not high. Their team leader was on the trading block and feels like they went behind his back to do so, etc. It's not a pretty situation. 

I wish I had PFF elite. The regular PFF subscription, via Rotoworld, had noted that Pascal's routes run had increased even though he only saw two targets last game. I'd personally think (this is my gut) that some of the Jets are good buys, but a lot has to go right for them to keep playing hard. Their defense has been chipped away at by the front office, so it'll be interesting how that affects the other side of the ball.

Oh, and morale is not high. Their team leader was on the trading block and feels like they went behind his back to do so, etc. It's not a pretty situation. 
The Gase effect 

All of that and you settled on DT and Crowder? They're both playing for the Jets, right?

I hope that any of Diontae, Renfrow, Conley, Reynolds or Amendola aren't sitting on the waiver wire. Just because the Dolphins are playing,

doesn't mean Darnold will easily make both the scrubs relevant. I like all the above better than the Jets, but mainly because I actually think the Dolphins win this week (these are bitter rivals)

Kenny Stills, despite disappointing last week in a very plus matchup, is a guy that should probably be considered.

Fuller is out for awhile, Coutee hasn't done much and very few WRs have the explosive upside as Stills has in that offense.

Slayton and Crowder have hit. Not sure anyone else has.

Who do we like now for this final few weeks?

Tim Patrick? James Washington? Isabella? Others?

I got a WW fix, how about Yahoo fix their horrible ran algorithm waiver system. Seriously, Yahoo cant have set times when waivers run by now? 

6:40 on the east coast, none of my 7 yahoo waivers ran yet. 

WR fix? Shepard is only owned in 41% of those Yahoo leagues. 

I was thinking about getting him but the next three matchups are NE, Buffalo and Chicago. I know he has been playing well but it would still be tough to start him in those. 
Tough match ups for sure but Dallas is going to stress any D with a solid running game and 3 quality WRs.  

Who do we like now for this final few weeks?

Tim Patrick? James Washington? Isabella? Others?
Tim Patrick is interesting.  But you'd best be factoring in a low ceiling.  It certainly looks/feels (to me) that he is wr2 in Denver.

James Washington is probably a short term bandaid.  With the wr1 and wr2 (you decide which is which) looking like week 12 casualties, Washington would become the defacto wr1 for a week anyway.  But I don't have a lot of confidence in Pitts passing game right now.  They go against Cincy this week?  If so, I could see them trying to establish the ground and pound if they get Conner or Snell healthy.  That would kill most of the value for Washington even if he is wr1.  If it unfolds that way, I think you'd be hoping he got a TD to salvage his day.

Isabella.  Don't have much knowledge of his situation to this point, but I'd be very fearful for his consistency. Very possibly could explode one game, but VERY low floor and good luck trying to guess which week to start him.  

He's available in my 12 team league but he will be gone this week.   With Cooper always banged up, Cobb is a must own in most leagues in my humble opinion.   
He is still available in both my leagues. I would like to take him as a flyer but it just feels like chasing points. 

I got a WW fix, how about Yahoo fix their horrible ran algorithm waiver system. Seriously, Yahoo cant have set times when waivers run by now? 

6:40 on the east coast, none of my 7 yahoo waivers ran yet. 

WR fix? Shepard is only owned in 41% of those Yahoo leagues. 
Weird, I got up at 5:30 East Coast and mine had run.

Tim Patrick is interesting.  But you'd best be factoring in a low ceiling.  It certainly looks/feels (to me) that he is wr2 in Denver.

James Washington is probably a short term bandaid.  With the wr1 and wr2 (you decide which is which) looking like week 12 casualties, Washington would become the defacto wr1 for a week anyway.  But I don't have a lot of confidence in Pitts passing game right now.  They go against Cincy this week?  If so, I could see them trying to establish the ground and pound if they get Conner or Snell healthy.  That would kill most of the value for Washington even if he is wr1.  If it unfolds that way, I think you'd be hoping he got a TD to salvage his day.

Isabella.  Don't have much knowledge of his situation to this point, but I'd be very fearful for his consistency. Very possibly could explode one game, but VERY low floor and good luck trying to guess which week to start him.  
Yeah at this point options are limited but I feel even week to week there these random guys who can provide some value. A couple years ago I won it all with late adds like Inman and Cameron Meredith.

Users who are viewing this thread