What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where can I stream this movie? (1 Viewer)

wilked

Footballguy
Feels like I ask this question weekly.  Is there a good tool to use?

Today's example - 7 year old and I traded chapters on Roald Dahl's James and Giant Peach, reading it together.  Now he wants to watch the movie.

What I end up doing:

-Check Netflix search

-Try and figure out if it's Amazon Prime (which itself is a pain in the ###, never seems to be straightforward)

-Check Redbox

-Decide to rent it, google it, compare prices, figure out most prices listed are for SD, try and get the real (HD) price

At this point I am usually 30 minutes into the exercise.

What is a better way of doing it?  

I usually google "x movie" streaming and it will show you options, but that justwatch.com looks pretty cool.

Justwatch is great.  Also good for filtering movies in search (filter in what your subscription services and search by release year, genre, etc).  

-Try and figure out if it's Amazon Prime (which itself is a pain in the ###, never seems to be straightforward)
It took 10 seconds to find out you can rent it from Amazon video for $3.99.  :shrug:   Or are you looking strictly for a free version?

Today's example - 7 year old and I traded chapters on Roald Dahl's James and Giant Peach, reading it together.  Now he wants to watch the movie.

What I end up doing:

-Check Netflix search

-Check Redbox

-Decide to rent it, google it, compare prices, figure out most prices listed are for SD, try and get the real (HD) price

I don't understand this.  Just put in James and the Giant Peach and it should come up with options.  What's the difficulty?

It took 10 seconds to find out you can rent it from Amazon video for $3.99.  :shrug:   Or are you looking strictly for a free version?
He wants to see if it's available free somewhere before he pays for it, and if he decides to pay for it he wants to know which streaming service offers it for the cheapest.

He wants to see if it's available free somewhere before he pays for it, and if he decides to pay for it he wants to know which streaming service offers it for the cheapest.
This

hard to sort in Amazon what’s free (prime) and what’s not 
If it shows a price (or rent or buy) on Amazon to rent it instead of "Included with Prime", it's not free with Amazon Prime.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
If it shows a price on Amazon to rent it instead of "Included with Prime", it's not free with Amazon Prime.  :shrug:  
Let’s play this out

im on my phone right now. Which app to use to search? Prime Video? Or use a browser? 

I just used prime video. No option to watch it or buy it. 

it’s not a good system 

What I end up doing:

-Check Netflix search

-Check Redbox

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/james-and-the-giant-peach

I see the same thing @wilked does and agree it’s not a good system.
Odd.  I've never had that problem.  Does it have something to do with this:

There is no limit on how many devices you can have on your account but there are limits on how many can stream video simultaneously from one account. Amazon Prime limit is two, Netflix, Hulu and HBO limit you to one simultaneous stream per account
Not sure why that would restrict you from buying or renting a video from a device.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it shows a price (or rent or buy) on Amazon to rent it instead of "Included with Prime", it's not free with Amazon Prime.  :shrug:  
OK but Amazon doesn't show if it's free on one of the other streaming services he has like Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo, Starz, etc. 

Nor does it show if its cheaper on Google play, vudu, etc. 

He was looking for a way to compare all of those without having to open 10 apps. Looks like he found his answer with just watch. 

OK but Amazon doesn't show if it's free on one of the other streaming services he has like Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo, Starz, etc. 

Nor does it show if its cheaper on Google play, vudu, etc. 

He was looking for a way to compare all of those without having to open 10 apps. Looks like he found his answer with just watch. 
I was trying to figure out why he was saying the part I original quoted:

We solved that.

If you have a Roku you can search for the movie/show and it will tell you which service has it and give you the price.  I know it works on the major services like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu, not sure if it includes some of the smaller apps

Users who are viewing this thread