What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney+ Info, shows and Movies (1 Viewer)

I sifted through for about 30mins last night.  Sure, stuff I will watch with the kids, but nothing that I wanted to watch or add to my list for myself.  Highly doubt I would pay for this if I didn't have kids.  
Agree. I did the monthly subscription for now because I wouldn’t be shocked if we aren’t watching that much in a few months. If they can grow their library and push out good original content, then maybe I will switch to an annual subscription. 

Agree. I did the monthly subscription for now because I wouldn’t be shocked if we aren’t watching that much in a few months. If they can grow their library and push out good original content, then maybe I will switch to an annual subscription. 
Same here for the same reason.  I like the quality of the content since I love Star Wars, Marvel and some Pixar movies, but you can watch all of it pretty quickly.  They really need to grow the library for it to become a long term option.

Just watched Noelle.

I'm a sucker for feel good holiday movies and Anna Kendrick. Throw in a little Bill Hader and you have yourself a quite enjoyable little movie.

I feel like the app could be a bit better to navigate. Stuff like “Recently Watched” or “Continue Watching” fields, like Netflix and Prime have. I can add, e.g., “Mickey Mouse’s Clubouse” to my Watchlist so I don’t have to search for it, but that’s going to get a bit crowded with everything else. I could use a mouseketool.

Started watching the Simpsons, which is one of the reasons I'm interested in Disney+.  Big issue, though - it doesn't remember what episode you left off at.  It will just start back at season 1, episode 1 every time you leave the Simpsons icon.  I'm surprised they have all of these functionality issues.  They are all basic functions in all of their competitors, not to mention Hulu.

Started watching the Simpsons, which is one of the reasons I'm interested in Disney+.  Big issue, though - it doesn't remember what episode you left off at.  It will just start back at season 1, episode 1 every time you leave the Simpsons icon.  I'm surprised they have all of these functionality issues.  They are all basic functions in all of their competitors, not to mention Hulu.
A friend suggested that that function may be turned off because of the load on the servers

I watched the first 2 episodes of The Mandalorian and I've really enjoyed it.  The quality of the programming is where I expected so far.  I hope they fix the functionality issues and can add a lot more of this quality movies and shows to build up the library.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it free for a year through Verizon. I like The Mandalorian and they do have some fun movies. I think if you have kids this channel is a no brainer. My kids have all outgrown the need for this channel. I suspect I wont keep it past my free year unless they do something to entice me.

My boy started "Star Wars Rebels" animated series. I noticed the guy writing and directing a few of these is involved with "Mandalorian" too. Seems like they're keen to keep it in safe hands.

One thing they did last night - that I did not like - they were adding titles that are not yet available.  So, that when you clicked on the movie it would say "Coming Soon".

If they want to highlight what is coming - those titles should listed in a different section - not included in the listing of all titles...
This came up again this morning.  My daughter wanted to watch the live action Beauty and the Beast - she got excited when she saw it, clicked on it, and turns out it is coming in October 2020! :angry:

WTF?

Why put that on the menu?

My boy started "Star Wars Rebels" animated series. I noticed the guy writing and directing a few of these is involved with "Mandalorian" too. Seems like they're keen to keep it in safe hands.
Filoni. I think he’s kinda running the whole thing now creatively. 

This came up again this morning.  My daughter wanted to watch the live action Beauty and the Beast - she got excited when she saw it, clicked on it, and turns out it is coming in October 2020! :angry:

WTF?

Why put that on the menu?
:lol:   Same thing happened to my kids this morning.  They clicked on something they thought looked good and I could have sworn it said 2021.  WTF indeed.  Are they that desperate to try to make it look like the main menu is loaded with options?  Just have a "coming soon" line with trailers for all the upcoming stuff or something like that.  

The 2nd episode of the Imagineering story is awesome.  Being Wdw is my main park, it was great to see the historic footage from there.  Plus the utilidors scenes brought me back to my time as a cast member and walking through those halls. I had to show my kids, For a hot second I was super cool. 
 But I think the best was the imagineer Kim walking through and discussing the ballroom scene from the haunted mansion. 

great series. I hope it stays as good.  

I'm really disappointed in Disney+ overall.  Tiny library, tons of technical problems, and no customer service.  I'm canceling after 1 month.

The newest technical problem is that half of my watchlist has suddenly disappeared.  I tried to add other titles to my watchlist and it's not working.  The check appears when I click on it, but it doesn't get added to my watchlist.  

RC94 said:
I'm really disappointed in Disney+ overall.  Tiny library, tons of technical problems, and no customer service.  I'm canceling after 1 month.

The newest technical problem is that half of my watchlist has suddenly disappeared.  I tried to add other titles to my watchlist and it's not working.  The check appears when I click on it, but it doesn't get added to my watchlist.  
In a similar boat, but not cancelling yet.  I got the bundle, as I wanted to see if Hulu would replace DirecTV for me.  Obviously this is the free version, and not the LiveTV version which I would get if I dropped DirecTV.  That said, it is frustrating that Hulu does not remember where I left off in an episode.  I'll get halfway through an episode on my phone, come back to watch it later and it picked up in the wrong spot.  Never have this problem with Netflix or Prime Video.

RC94 said:

Yeah.  I might cancel after The Mandalorian is over.  The fact there is pretty much zero original content, I just don't have a need for this.  I'm basically paying ~$20 a year to watch that show.  

Yeah.  I might cancel after The Mandalorian is over.  The fact there is pretty much zero original content, I just don't have a need for this.  I'm basically paying ~$20 a year to watch that show.  
Do you watch marvel movies? There are quite a few of those shows coming next year, along with an Obi-wan show and the hero from rogue one. 

Personally I’d keep it just for the SW and Marvel catalog, even if I didn’t have my wife and kid who enjoy it. 7 bucks is two more than what I paid for my coffee today. But each their own of course. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you watch marvel movies? There are quite a few of those shows coming next hear, along with an Obi-wan show and the hero from rogue one. 
I do.  And I might eventually come back once all of those start coming out.  But for now, it's just that show.  Again, if they time it right and a new show comes out when TM ends, then I might stick around.  

I do.  And I might eventually come back once all of those start coming out.  But for now, it's just that show.  Again, if they time it right and a new show comes out when TM ends, then I might stick around.  
Yea I don’t think there will be another till the summer maybe. They haven’t released dates yet so it won’t be anytime soon. 

They need to get to work on that Obi wan show ASAP. Want that. 

In a similar boat, but not cancelling yet.  I got the bundle, as I wanted to see if Hulu would replace DirecTV for me.  Obviously this is the free version, and not the LiveTV version which I would get if I dropped DirecTV.  That said, it is frustrating that Hulu does not remember where I left off in an episode.  I'll get halfway through an episode on my phone, come back to watch it later and it picked up in the wrong spot.  Never have this problem with Netflix or Prime Video.
I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue with Hulu not remembering where I was. It’s definitely not as smooth as Netflix.

I’ve just started with Hulu Live and I’ve got next week off so finally getting every TV fully setup and Dish gone.

I may do a quick trial with YouTube TV as well just to compare but I’ve liked it so far.

RC94 said:

I’d agree. One of my sons pretty much only watched Netflix and now he’s on the Disney+ kick with movies and old series so I’ll keep it but they need more original content. Only so much you can rewatch especially without young kids.

@TheIronSheik After using Disney+ for a bit, do you still feel Netflix is going away down the road? I think it’s reaffirmed my belief that they’re going to be the leader for a long time. As much as it pains me, I don’t want to keep using so many separate apps that are clearly inferior with less I want to watch something new on it. Case in point, he asked me to check if there was a new Mandalorian episode last night and I knew there wasn’t so I introduced him to My Name is Earl on Hulu.

I’d agree. One of my sons pretty much only watched Netflix and now he’s on the Disney+ kick with movies and old series so I’ll keep it but they need more original content. Only so much you can rewatch especially without young kids.

@TheIronSheik After using Disney+ for a bit, do you still feel Netflix is going away down the road? I think it’s reaffirmed my belief that they’re going to be the leader for a long time. As much as it pains me, I don’t want to keep using so many separate apps that are clearly inferior with less I want to watch something new on it. Case in point, he asked me to check if there was a new Mandalorian episode last night and I knew there wasn’t so I introduced him to My Name is Earl on Hulu.
Yes.  Again, it's not going to be because of Disney+.  Also, we're only about 2 weeks into Disney+.  I don't think this should change anyone's opinion either way just yet.  

The lack of a continue watching section coupled with the fact that it doesn't pick up where you left off when you launch the same title is seriously bonkers. I can't wrap my head around that not being there at launch. I don't even consider that a feature. Other than that we have had zero technical issues and we've used it for multiple hours per day since launch. 

The lack of a continue watching section coupled with the fact that it doesn't pick up where you left off when you launch the same title is seriously bonkers. I can't wrap my head around that not being there at launch. I don't even consider that a feature. Other than that we have had zero technical issues and we've used it for multiple hours per day since launch. 
I will certainly be subscribing at some point, but I think I’ll wait for that bug to be ironed out. That’s a serious problem. 

Funny you should all mention that.  I watched the final battle of Endgame one night, a few days later went to watch from the beginning and it started where I left off.  I had to rewind all the way back.    Maybe since I fast forwarded to get to the end battle it remembered?  In any case I was lamenting they didn't have a watch from the beginning option.....

They definitely need the "continue or restart" option others have.

My son tried logging in a few times during the day, but I guess it was giving him message that it couldn't log into the servers and to try again later.  Anybody else have this come up?

Hulu not remembering where you stopped is a new thing for me. Maybe in the last month or so. Never had a problem before. 

My son tried logging in a few times during the day, but I guess it was giving him message that it couldn't log into the servers and to try again later.  Anybody else have this come up?
I haven’t had. I think I’m currently watching Cars 3 for the 100th time, so maybe working too good.

Had The Jungle Book playing on the other monitor while I played Fallout 4.  Hard not to enjoy these things like a little kid again.  Just watching it off and on.  Then I got to the part where 

Baloo dies.  And I just started crying.  Happens every time.  He lives of course, but there is a moment towards the end where you think he's gone. 

And I wondered: how can anyone ever put a price on that?  Needless to say we're enjoying this program a lot and rewatching The Simpsons, it's a pretty well fleshed out app out of the box other than the lack of a 'recently viewed' list.

Also The Mandalorian rules

Giving this a shot. We have a just-turned-2-yr-old...so not much in to TV yet and can’t sit thru a movie. But I think he’ll like shorter Muppet Babies shows and scenes one at a time from Jungle Book, etc.

Giving this a shot. We have a just-turned-2-yr-old...so not much in to TV yet and can’t sit thru a movie. But I think he’ll like shorter Muppet Babies shows and scenes one at a time from Jungle Book, etc.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Roadster Racers good for that age too (I’ve got a 3 year old).

Hulu not remembering where you stopped is a new thing for me. Maybe in the last month or so. Never had a problem before. 
It happened to me for a few shows a while ago.  Call their customer service and they can help IIRC.  I don't remember what we did to fix it, but I don't have that problem now.

Nope, still the same message on PS4 - unable to connect/log on, please try again later.  
They're just trying out some new features.  I know it's been 4 hours since you posted, but it's working for me.  However, they did add the new feature of limiting your watchlist to 50 titles.  Quality.

They're just trying out some new features.  I know it's been 4 hours since you posted, but it's working for me.  However, they did add the new feature of limiting your watchlist to 50 titles.  Quality.
Son just checked, and still the same message.  Going on 2 days now it's been like that for us.    It's not the same message on the computer, but I click on "log in" and nothing happens there either.  

I think The Fanatic reported me and told them I didn't love their show! ;)  

Family and I are loving this so far. Recently discovery all the Disney shorts, 7-8 minute animated movies, they’re really great (for kids and for grown ups). 

Well worth the 5 bucks a month 

I finally signed up. It took about 45 seconds for my kids to start fighting over what they wanted to watch. Maybe *too* many options. 

Users who are viewing this thread