What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever voted for a Republican presidential candidate in the general election? (1 Viewer)

Have you?

• Yes

Votes: 124 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 33.0%

• Total voters
1992: Ross Perot in school mock election

1996: didn't vote

2000: didn't vote

2004: didn't vote

2008: didn't vote 

2012: didn't vote. 

2016: Trump. 

2020: Trump

2024: the country will most likely revert to the mean of corrupt establishment candidates so I'll probably sit it out

2028: Trump Jr (R) or Ivanka Trump (D or I)
No offense but, good god.

Bozeman Bruiser said:
2016: Trump. From the escalator speech to the acceptance speech I was onboard and watched it all with the realization we were seeing the potential savior of America. I didn't think he had a prayer against the corrupt media and cheating DNC and establishment. But he worked harder than any candidate in history, had a message that was unifying for AMERICANS and he would do his best to rid the country of the corrupt trash that has controlled it for decades. Early voted on Hillary's birthday, 10/26 if my memory is correct. Proudest non family related moment of my life. Election night was better than watching your team win the Superbowl and Final Four at once.
It's interesting that you went from not being motivated enough to vote for nearly 2 decades, but Trump got you excited enough to vote and you've been all-in since.  

Also interesting to see you being excited about him getting rid of the "corrupt trash" that has controlled our country for decades.  Have you been happy with his performance in this area?

Would enjoy reading more of this type of explanation of what you were feeling about politics before Trump, how you reacted to him coming on the scene (any attachment to him as a celebrity figure?), and how the hopes you had for him are measuring against his actual performance.

Users who are viewing this thread