Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Have you ever voted for a Republican presidential candidate in the general election?

Juxtatarot

Have you ever voted for a Republican presidential candidate in the general election?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1992: Ross Perot in school mock election

1996: didn't vote because college booze, weed, and women were more urgent. Would have voted for Clinton if I found a voting booth and was registered.

2000: didn't vote because college. However the clown show after the election was the first time I became interested in politics. Watching the shenanigans unfold afterwards was my introduction to the tribalism of politics. I was on Team W.

2004: didn't vote because I was traveling out west and didn't know where I was registered. Girlfriend and her family suffered major Bush Hatred Syndrome and it further solidified my realization that politics was a propaganda game. Would have voted for W.

2008: didn't vote because working out of state. Drove home the last day of early voting but cought traffic and missed the polls. Since my vote was going to be for McCain and this was a red state I didn't rearrange my schedule to be there on election day. Watched the election results come in and felt exactly the way most of you felt on 11/8/2016. I got drunk on bourbon, woke up the next day, and went on with my life.

2012: didn't vote. Romney forfeited the race in October (he faced all the same attacks of W, McCain, and Trump of being a racist, tax cheat, woman hater, etc yet had zero fight, he is of the dying breed of republican that falsely believes he would get a fair shake from the press and people would see beyond the propaganda). I certainly wasn't going to vote for Obama but had zero confidence the Mormon quitter could win so I didn't bother voting. I didn't complain on the internet or to my friends incessantly, I went on with my life.

2016: Trump. From the escalator speech to the acceptance speech I was onboard and watched it all with the realization we were seeing the potential savior of America. I didn't think he had a prayer against the corrupt media and cheating DNC and establishment. But he worked harder than any candidate in history, had a message that was unifying for AMERICANS and he would do his best to rid the country of the corrupt trash that has controlled it for decades. Early voted on Hillary's birthday, 10/26 if my memory is correct. Proudest non family related moment of my life. Election night was better than watching your team win the Superbowl and Final Four at once.

2020: Trump

2024: the country will most likely revert to the mean of corrupt establishment candidates so I'll probably sit it out

2028: Trump Jr (R) or Ivanka Trump (D or I)

Totals:

1 fake vote for Perot

0 votes for Democrats

0 votes for Establishment Republicans

1 Trump (and 1+ to go, assuming Jr or Ivanka run post 2024)

Edited by Bozeman Bruiser
grammar

33 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

1992: Ross Perot in school mock election

1996: didn't vote

2000: didn't vote

2004: didn't vote

2008: didn't vote 

2012: didn't vote. 

2016: Trump. 

2020: Trump

2024: the country will most likely revert to the mean of corrupt establishment candidates so I'll probably sit it out

2028: Trump Jr (R) or Ivanka Trump (D or I)

No offense but, good god.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, Morton Muffley said:

FWIW, in some ways I feel like as I am becomng more traditionally conservative the GOP keeps moving FURTHER away from me.  Do any others of you have this experience/feeling?  

Obviously hipplying the thread (is the term hipplying allowed under the new rules?) but regardless yes.

16 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

2016: Trump. From the escalator speech to the acceptance speech I was onboard and watched it all with the realization we were seeing the potential savior of America. I didn't think he had a prayer against the corrupt media and cheating DNC and establishment. But he worked harder than any candidate in history, had a message that was unifying for AMERICANS and he would do his best to rid the country of the corrupt trash that has controlled it for decades. Early voted on Hillary's birthday, 10/26 if my memory is correct. Proudest non family related moment of my life. Election night was better than watching your team win the Superbowl and Final Four at once.

It's interesting that you went from not being motivated enough to vote for nearly 2 decades, but Trump got you excited enough to vote and you've been all-in since.  

Also interesting to see you being excited about him getting rid of the "corrupt trash" that has controlled our country for decades.  Have you been happy with his performance in this area?

Would enjoy reading more of this type of explanation of what you were feeling about politics before Trump, how you reacted to him coming on the scene (any attachment to him as a celebrity figure?), and how the hopes you had for him are measuring against his actual performance.