What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

time to drop NE D & stream (1 Viewer)

BamaAir

Footballguy
Especially in 8-10 team league - with high power O's upcoming on Pats schedule, the playoff schedule of week 15 / 16 gives pause to dropping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 15 and 16 they play @Cinci and home vs Buff.  After the bye they play @Phi and home vs. Dallas.  In both match-ups I'd expect them to be a top 10 defense.  Agree there will be better match-ups in 10 team leagues than their upcoming games against KC and Houston, but I'd be comfortable starting them in any of the other 4 games.

And fwiw, I don't own NE in any league, agree that regression is coming/here.

If you drop them, I bet another team will pick them up quickly. 

This unit was due for a bad game, and last night was the perfect storm for one. Heck, look at SF vs. Zona as that defense didn’t show up last week, even in a good matchup. Bears’ defense last year did bad against the Pats in Chicago and on the road against the Dolphins before returning to form. Overall, it happens. 

I agree they were probably due for a let down - unless you're the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens, a few stinkers are going to happen. They're still a top notch defense - just have to manage expectations compared to the unbelievable fantasy points they put up during the earlier part of the season .

I agree they were probably due for a let down - unless you're the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens, a few stinkers are going to happen. They're still a top notch defense - just have to manage expectations compared to the unbelievable fantasy points they put up during the earlier part of the season .
Dude, you haven't seen what Marino did to the 85 bears?

As jtd13 pointed out, the 1985 Bears defense couldn’t stop Dan Marino while playing in Florida. The Bears defense gave up 38 points and 335 total yards, 270 through the air. The 2000 Ravens defense gave up 36 points to the Jags in Week 2, 23 points to the Titans in Week 11, and 20 points to the Jets in Week 17. The Ravens won those games, but even that unit gave up yards/points. Again, it happens, it’s football. A bad week for a defense will happen, regardless if that team wins or not.

Overreaction thread. This was 1 game, on the road, with a highly unfavorable script. 

that was made so much worse by McDaniels deciding that the best way to beat the Ravens was a 80:20 pass to run ratio that resulted in 3-and-outs, gassing the Pats. 

and somehow they still managed to get some turnovers (and should have had at least 2 Ints).

If I played in a D/ST league & had the pats they’d be a strong hold without even a second of consideration of dropping them. 

Users who are viewing this thread