What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the bust out WR for the stretch run? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
There's not always one - but there is I think in more years than not.  Looking for thoughts.  Guys I will through out

Hunter Renfro - no true one on Oakland;  offense might grow for playoff run

Deebo Samuel - probably limited with Kittle being the one and run first low risk offense

Robby Anderson - super easy schedule but hasn't stepped up yet

Dede Westbrook - With Foles back although offense is still run first

And I only own one of these guys - so please don't just tell us why you love guys at the end of your bench just cause they are the end of YOUR bench

Last edited by a moderator:
I went out and got Will Fuller V, who was dropped. I'm hoping he can repeat some of his one-game magic from this year.

I agree with Hunter Renfrow having an increased role in the offense, but that Raider offense is run first with Jacobs/Waller/Williams all vying for touches.

I like the inclusion of Westbrook here. It was said that Foles only had eyes for him in preseason.

I don't think much of Robby, either, nor Deebo. 

What about Darius Slayton with Shepard possibly out longer?

I personally think Allen Lazard and Kumerow are possibilities.

And one of the Titans will surely rise to the top in his own way. Whether it's Davis coming back or Brown seeing more than two targets, somebody has to step up for them.

There's not always one - but there is I think in more years than not.  Looking for thoughts.  Guys I will through out

Hunter Renfro - no true one on Oakland;  offense might grow for playoff run

Deebo Samuel - probably limited with Kittle being the one and run first low risk offense

Robby Anderson - super easy schedule but hasn't stepped up yet

Dede Westbrook - With Foles back although offense is still run first

And I only own one of these guys - so please don't just tell us why you love guys at the end of your bench just cause they are the end of YOUR bench
I too thought R Anderson was a huge breakout candidate but he has bombed the last 2 weeks (Miami and NYG) with 4.4pts total.  I see him getting one big game with a long TD catch otherwise unstartable.   Slayton would be my top choice.  

No on slayton. Engram and Shepard both likely to come back. 
I don't disagree about them very much cutting into his touches, but Shepard was put back into concussion protocol. They don't know if he'll suit up again this year, and if he does, when. You might at least get a run out of Slayton if you're in contention for the playoffs rather than during them. 

Renfrow or Diontae Johnson? 
Interesting.  In general, Pitt passing offense stinks - although as long as Juju draws the one CB, Johnson has a shot.  I think there will be an effort to get Juju some TD's - even short ones.  I think I would gamble on Renfro 

Add Josh Reynolds as a possibility with Cooks uncertain.  And was there some word about Kupp not being healthy?  there was something on the radio last week but not sure it was recent or referencing an earlier injury.

It always helps me to list the teams out by division

Oakland Denver Kc chargers - renfrow or hardman.

Browns Bengals ravens Steelers - Landry, Hollywood, Washington

Titans Jaguars colts Texans - any of them would be unexpected sources but the colts and titans have some upheaval in their passing game that could create opportunities.  Meh.

Pats dolphins jets bills - crowder and Edelman stand out imo. . 

Packers Vikings lions bears - davante Adams 

49ers Seahawks rams cardinals -kirk Metcalf deebo

Giants Dallas philly Washington - shepard, tate, slayton i guess

Falcons saints Bucs Panthers - i feel like all these guys are what they are, but Evans and dj Moore could blow up. 

1. Christian Kirk is a great combination of emerging qb, team that's trying to win, passing of the baton from fitz. His owner is probably hoping to sell high before the deadline - I'm looking to buy.

2. Dk Metcalf could be poised for the breakout especially if Lockett is seriously hurt. 

3. Crowder seems to be the best receiver for the jets and could be that slot guy who blows up

4. Sterling Shepard could reemerge if he's healthy, if engram and Shepard are both out then Tate and slayton both look a lot better.

5. I know Edelman isn't exactly a breakout candidate but he's got philly this week and plays the chiefs and Bengals weeks 14 and 15.

6. Similarly Davante Adams looks like he's back and ready to explode, i don't really want anyone else in the NFC north in my starting lineup tbh but Adams improved week over week and seems to be back to full health.  Might be able to buy low still. 

7. The shine off the scary Terry penny is fading but haskins could find the groove with mclaurin. That'll probably trail in every game the rest of the year 

8. Deebo looked good last night, maybe he's ready to pop

9. I know it's a little ridiculous to list an elite wr1 but Mike Evans seems like he's going to boom or bust every week so he could be the guy everyone has to have to win this year.

10. I could see dj Moore blowing up down the stretch if McCaffrey starts to wear down a little.  

+1 on Westbrook, if you have the space to roster him. He won't have much productivity until around playoff time, but getting OAK, ATL in the playoffs and TB (an to a lesser extent TEN) in the lead-up makes him a nice pick-up for someone looking for the lotto ticket in the Foles offense.

Dede - Absolutely for PPR leagues.  He was a flex with Minshew.  Foles is now back and he was a primary target in preseason.  Plus Foles history of making slot receivers relevant.

Stills - Fuller is expected to practice sure but he has a history of hamstring issues.  Stills was probably dropped in your league and any target for Watson is worth a stash.

DT - He has a decent floor but no TD upside so a flex in PPR leagues plus good schedule.

Gage - Atl will always be in catch up mode and game script always leads to shootouts

Lazard - Has taken over as the WR2 in GB.  Usage is not consistent but worth a stash as Rodgers does like him.

And one of the Titans will surely rise to the top in his own way. Whether it's Davis coming back or Brown seeing more than two targets, somebody has to step up for them.
AJ would have had my vote prior to this week. Ouch. 

N'Keal Harry is being written off for 2019 but he could be worked in as a RZ option. Would give him limited role to learn and NE stinks in RZ this year. So something needs to change for them there and as they say in Boston Gronk is not hobbling through that door. 

I went out and got Will Fuller V, who was dropped. I'm hoping he can repeat some of his one-game magic from this year.

I agree with Hunter Renfrow having an increased role in the offense, but that Raider offense is run first with Jacobs/Waller/Williams all vying for touches.

I like the inclusion of Westbrook here. It was said that Foles only had eyes for him in preseason.

Fuller is like 50% owned in ESPN and I definitely agree that he is probably the top of the list if you want to win a matchup in any given week.  Can break out huge at any time.

Are we really sure one of them has to? Hasn’t that been the logic for like 3 years now. Forget it Rock, it’s Nashville.

+1 on Westbrook, if you have the space to roster him. He won't have much productivity until around playoff time, but getting OAK, ATL in the playoffs and TB (an to a lesser extent TEN) in the lead-up makes him a nice pick-up for someone looking for the lotto ticket in the Foles offense.
The problem with Dede is he’s on a low volume passing team and he plays with a regenerated version of AJ Green.

This isn't to get in a peeing match about leagues, but shouldn't he really be rostered in most standard formats? 

eta* Forget it, that isn't a requirement for the thread. 

eta2* I drafted him and dropped him way back, and he was immediately scooped. Bad move on my end as Beckham sees coverage and opens the field up for him.

I was hoping maybe Tre’quan Smith but the Saints offense was totally out of sorts Sunday. I suppose he still has a chance and he’s likely available in most leagues.

I was hoping maybe Tre’quan Smith but the Saints offense was totally out of sorts Sunday. I suppose he still has a chance and he’s likely available in most leagues.
Have a share and would love to see this but fear my initial instinct that the Brees/Payton offense has hardly ever supported two startable FF WR seems to be holding to form. 

How about Devin Funchess? He's been out so long people completely forgot about him. The Colts have made Pascal relevant and no reason a healed Funchess can't do similar or better depending upon TY's health.

Edelman and Sanu should light it up for NE. IMO, both could be WR 1/2's moving forward. I doubt anyone would part with Edelman, but Sanu may be available. Gronk is unlikely to walk through the door, NE doesn't get much production out of their TE's, and they can't run the football. The majority of the NE offensive production should come from Edelman, Sanu, and White the rest of the way.

Edelman and Sanu should light it up for NE. IMO, both could be WR 1/2's moving forward. I doubt anyone would part with Edelman, but Sanu may be available. Gronk is unlikely to walk through the door, NE doesn't get much production out of their TE's, and they can't run the football. The majority of the NE offensive production should come from Edelman, Sanu, and White the rest of the way.
Yassss. 

50+ points that game and was tackled at the one yard line twice.  How can you not like that kind of upside? That's rhetorical  His floor is typically 6-7 targets and about 8 points.

Have a share and would love to see this but fear my initial instinct that the Brees/Payton offense has hardly ever supported two startable FF WR seems to be holding to form. 
In my standard scoring league, he only scored about 7 points on the one massive game. His floor is that he reinjures himself, which has happened more frequently than he's put up starting quality stats in my league this season. Love the upside, but his results are like bottling lightning.

Did someone actually say that it or was more of a "They say..." Or "I'm hearing..." situation?
Somebody actually said that, but it was a long time ago (around the typical preseason hype for Westbrook) and I doubt I could find the quote. 

I wouldn't lean too hard on it, but I distinctly remember it.

What about Devante Parker?

Out of all the receivers mentioned in here, well the ones not guaranteed to be on a roster ATM (e.g. Edelman), he seems to be the one guaranteed the most volume.

The Bills are a tough matchup this week to be sure, and the Browns are tough on paper but after that he has a very tempting schedule to finish out the season v PHI, @NYJ, @NYG & vCin.

What about Devante Parker?

Out of all the receivers mentioned in here, well the ones not guaranteed to be on a roster ATM (e.g. Edelman), he seems to be the one guaranteed the most volume.

The Bills are a tough matchup this week to be sure, and the Browns are tough on paper but after that he has a very tempting schedule to finish out the season v PHI, @NYJ, @NYG & vCin.
Somebody mentioned Parker in the thread. I thought he was rostered most places. He and the The Unicorn were both garnering recognition as early as Week Four, though nobody was rushing to add just yet. 

I hate his upcoming schedule, but if I were going to pick a WR that's going to outperform what he's done to this point it would be Keenan Allen.

My "out of the blue" guy is Andy Isabella.  It seems to really be clicking for him now, and that offense seems like it will reward a guy with his catch and run skill set.

I own zero shares of either one.  Just a "I watch the Sunday Ticket" feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread