What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Son had his iphone stolen - how to track (1 Viewer)

cincredfan

Footballguy
I appreciate any help that I could get here.  Sorry this is so disjointed.

Long story but in essence my son got an iPhone for Xmas last year and had it stolen at school a couple of weeks ago.  He never had lost my iphone set up (thought my wife had but was wrong).  My daughter set it all up for him and seemingly we can't find his apple id either.  His phone is linked to the iTunes & App store so can see it there along with his IMEI and serial number.  We got the principal involved and the cops which included pinging the phone but was unsuccessful (latter was earlier today).

Any thoughts on how to find his phone?  Would having his apple id with which we could log into icloud even help?  He is on snapchat but of course logged in elsewhere so not sure if can track.  He has all the normal apps and settings from what I know.

We have his serial # and IMEI number.  Apple and Verizon have both been very little help.  Thoughts here?

Very much appreciate any suggestions.

I appreciate any help that I could get here.  Sorry this is so disjointed.

Long story but in essence my son got an iPhone for Xmas last year and had it stolen at school a couple of weeks ago.  He never had lost my iphone set up (thought my wife had but was wrong).  My daughter set it all up for him and seemingly we can't find his apple id either.  His phone is linked to the iTunes & App store so can see it there along with his IMEI and serial number.  We got the principal involved and the cops which included pinging the phone but was unsuccessful (latter was earlier today).

Any thoughts on how to find his phone?  Would having his apple id with which we could log into icloud even help?  He is on snapchat but of course logged in elsewhere so not sure if can track.  He has all the normal apps and settings from what I know.

We have his serial # and IMEI number.  Apple and Verizon have both been very little help.  Thoughts here?

Very much appreciate any suggestions.
 Instead of giving you all the tips here's a link. And a couple of weeks ago? Dude you need to have gotten on that asap. At this point the phone is either garbaged or got hacked and reset and sold. I know gloom and doom but those things on street sale make great money. 

steps to find missing iPhone without app and how to lock everything

Well depending on the state it could be a felony so that's kind of their job. 
:goodposting:

My son's iPhone got stolen a month ago or so.  The school resource officer (a licensed policeman) essentially told my son there wasn't much he could do.  I'm like wtf man isn't' that your job???

:goodposting:

My son's iPhone got stolen a month ago or so.  The school resource officer (a licensed policeman) essentially told my son there wasn't much he could do.  I'm like wtf man isn't' that your job???
What are they supposed to do?  Spend hours of their time trying to find a phone.

If you have find my iPhone set up then you could basically track it with him and i'm sure he'd help.  Without the tracking set up there is no way it's worth the time to investigate. 

What are they supposed to do?  Spend hours of their time trying to find a phone.

If you have find my iPhone set up then you could basically track it with him and i'm sure he'd help.  Without the tracking set up there is no way it's worth the time to investigate. 
It happened in the boys locker room during PE and there were a limited number of kids that had access.  He didn't even bother talking to any of the boys.

I get it, it doesn't seem like much but it's better than just shrugging your shoulders.

ILUVBEER99 said:

Iphones run up to a thousand dollars, if someone stole a thousand dollars from your locker would you not get the police involved? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Iphones run up to a thousand dollars, if someone stole a thousand dollars from your locker would you not get the police involved? 
I think it depends on what you mean by "involved". I suppose filing a police report makes them "involved"..... but I wouldn't expect a great deal to come of it.

If my car was stolen I would file a police report but would have very little expectation anything would ultimately come of it. Unless the chop-shop just happens to get busted the week your car gets stolen and your car is in the building with the rest of the cars I guess you're golden. Similarly, if the police catch someone with a bunch of stolen phones and you recently filed a report of your phone getting stolen I guess you lucked out.

Maybe it's because "singles day" was just a few days ago but it's shocking to me that anyone thinks they need a phone that costs more than $200 brand new in the first place. The Redmi Note 8 Pro was selling for under $200 and the specs on that (6.5" screen, 6gb/128gb, 4500mAh battery, 280+ Antutu score) are so far beyond what anyone actually "needs" in a phone. If he's desperate to have a designer phone tell him to put it in a case and buy him apple stickers to put on the outside of it. In all honesty the $100 phones would suffice for most people.... although I'll admit I spent $150(FBG humblebrag).

I'm afraid I'm not much help but how old is your son and can we assume he should have had his phone locked in his locker but didn't? It sounds like you might be asking yourself how much are you willing to spend on a replacement phone?

Appreciate those that answered and Buckychudd that was the same exact thing here.  They make them leaving everything in the gym without locks nor locking the gym.  This has made the school change their process to now lock the locker room.  

Lol at you Irish eyes - you must live in a neighborhood where there is major crime which fortunately I don't have to and I doubt most here do.

I was hopeful that someone knew of some app that you could track location outside of the trackmyiphone which stupidly wasn't set up

cincredfan said:
  They make them leaving everything in the gym without locks nor locking the gym. 
this is the case at my kid's middle school

they're all issued Chromebooks but a good majority of them have phones, too. they have to leave them in unlocked gym lockers because 8 other groups of kids will be using those same lockers throughout the day.

or, you can leave your belongings at your regular locker and then scramble from gym class, to locker, to next class and get a tardy mark.  my kid got 13 tardy marks in her first quarter at school because she left her electronics in her own locker, which was too far from gym + next classroom to be one tim... out of worry that someone would cuff her chromebook or phone as had happened to other kids already. 

now she just chances it by leaving her stuff in the unlocked gym locker.  and if the chromebook gets stolen or damaged, we have to pay for it.

neat system

Users who are viewing this thread