What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Myles Garrett needs to be permanently suspended (1 Viewer)

My point is that just because no one else heard it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I don't think it happened because Miles would have brought it up immediately. 
So if go in the forest and scream the "N" word but no one is around to hear it, am I a racist?

Seriously though... I understand your point.  The whole thing is a cringe worthy train wreck.

Looking at the video it doesn’t seem likely to me that Rudolph was whispering in the ear hole of Garrett’s helmet.  
It doesn't seem likely to me that if Rudolph did utter the slur he would say it loud enough for anybody other than Garrett to hear. I've been been involved in an argument with the person next to me at a poker table and said things to him that I didn't want the dealer or floor people or anyone else to hear. The evidence based on how Garrett acted after the incident seems to indicate that there was no racial slur. I just disagree with the premise that there was no racial slur because no one else heard it.

It doesn't seem likely to me that if Rudolph did utter the slur he would say it loud enough for anybody other than Garrett to hear. I've been been involved in an argument with the person next to me at a poker table and said things to him that I didn't want the dealer or floor people or anyone else to hear. The evidence based on how Garrett acted after the incident seems to indicate that there was no racial slur. I just disagree with the premise that there was no racial slur because no one else heard it.
This was in a stadium of screaming nfl fans not at a poker table.  You also weren’t likely to be as emotional as a player that felt he was hit late and being Kept from getting up. I really doubt that had Rudolph said anything he would be talking lightly.

Again I find it humorous that anyone other than Garrett’s mom would be taking the word of Garrett over Rudolph, the NFL officials, the offensive and defensive players nearby, and the audio and visual feeds. 

What Garrett did on the field was unacceptable and suspension-worthy but accusing a person of using racial slurs is much worse IMO

There is no ****ing way Rudolph said that to Garrett, sending him into El Cabong mode, and he sat on it for a week... didn't utter a word of it to a teammate, to the press, to anyone?

He thought he was in a cone of silence in NY and tried to lie his way into a better light. Lie got leaked. Done.
Terrible post. 

It's El Kabong!

For all we know, Myles could have used a racial slur against Rudolph causing him to go off and start tearing at Garretts helmet.  100% equally likely and possibly even more so given Garretts post game MAGA cracker comments.

The fact one guy tried to decapitate the other guy does not in any way implicate that the decapitee was rascist,  and the decapitator has lots of reasons to make stories up to defend his indefensible actions.

For all we know, Myles could have used a racial slur against Rudolph causing him to go off and start tearing at Garretts helmet.  100% equally likely and possibly even more so given Garretts post game MAGA cracker comments.

The fact one guy tried to decapitate the other guy does not in any way implicate that the decapitee was rascist,  and the decapitator has lots of reasons to make stories up to defend his indefensible actions.
Maga cracker comments? What the heck does that mean?

Myles Garrett needs a short pier, actually. 

That's his M.O. He was a former mod here and acts that way. It's childish.  

Nah man, this guy accused me of making stuff up that I'd heard -- "make #### up," he said -- and sent me a link wasting my time showing me nothing about my original claim. It was a waste and I'm through with him. 

YMMV.  

Totally dirty player this year. Think he leads the league in personal fouls or something like that.  

There's no Personal Fouls there. What exactly did you try to prove and then come back with snark about?  

Then your post was useless. Thought so. Carry on. 

I'd forget arguing this with either Bracie Smathers or Bobact10. Neither really acquits themselves well when it comes to Cleveland and dirty play/over the line stuff.  

Your contributions from the last 5 pages.  Bravo, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This was in a stadium of screaming nfl fans not at a poker table.  You also weren’t likely to be as emotional as a player that felt he was hit late and being Kept from getting up. I really doubt that had Rudolph said anything he would be talking lightly.

Again I find it humorous that anyone other than Garrett’s mom would be taking the word of Garrett over Rudolph, the NFL officials, the offensive and defensive players nearby, and the audio and visual feeds. 

What Garrett did on the field was unacceptable and suspension-worthy but accusing a person of using racial slurs is much worse IMO
Nobody is taking Garretts word. This is a good example of when you have tunnel vision regarding a subject you will tend to see things that support your story but don't exist.

Your contributions from the last 5 pages.  Bravo, lol
Responding to you and that guy are indeed like wrestling with pigs, so taking that all out of context would seem to be a really crappy move on your end. 

Let me re-sum:

So, as it stands, one of your favorite players tried to use another player's face as a helmet holding station, has accused the player of a racial slur that both the NFL and witnesses deny, and whose own team offers up "That's bad" and "no comments" when appraised of any of Garett's newest action/lament/apology/claim. 

I'd say that's off football, though, so I'll keep it on football. This guy should need serious counseling before any form of restatement, and I'd incline towards another eight games next year. Full year. Full stop. 

Responding to you and that guy are indeed like wrestling with pigs, so taking that all out of context would seem to be a really crappy move on your end. 

Let me re-sum:

So, as it stands, one of your favorite players tried to use another player's face as a helmet holding station, has accused the player of a racial slur that both the NFL and witnesses deny, and whose own team offers up "That's bad" and "no comments" when appraised of any of Garett's newest action/lament/apology/claim. 

I'd say that's off football, though, so I'll keep it on football. This guy should need serious counseling before any form of restatement, and I'd incline towards another eight games next year. Full year. Full stop. 
Pretty sure none of those responses I quoted were directed towards me.

I’d say your summary lacks quite a bit and the 15 seconds I gave this was too much. Have a nice life. :bye:

Nobody is taking Garretts word. This is a good example of when you have tunnel vision regarding a subject you will tend to see things that support your story but don't exist.
I have no idea what you’re saying here but no worries I am done with this subject 

Garrett's word seems to quite literally be the only thing you could take here.  What else could you possibly use to argue here?  No mic picked it up, nobody else claims to have heard it.. he didn't mention it once in the follow up.  

So I take it back.. maybe you can't even take his word.

Users who are viewing this thread