Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Rams Vs. Bears - Week 11

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

This has been the craziest story for the Bears IMO.  This guy was such a beast last season that it's really amazing how much he's regressed.  

I haven't watched the Bears that much this year - is this really true?   5.5 sacks and 4 FF in 9 games isn't DPOY caliber, and he's being paid for DPOY numbers, sure....but is he playing that badly?  He doesn't strike me as a "I got paid so now I can stop trying" type.

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

This has been the craziest story for the Bears IMO.  This guy was such a beast last season that it's really amazing how much he's regressed.  

there's nothing you can do about it. Dude is paid. He can basically be "good" every game and get away with it, but 100% effort on every play? Hell no.

Just now, Steve Tasker said:

I haven't watched the Bears that much this year - is this really true?   5.5 sacks and 4 FF in 9 games isn't DPOY caliber, and he's being paid for DPOY numbers, sure....but is he playing that badly?  He doesn't strike me as a "I got paid so now I can stop trying" type.

Just going into the Bears thread, it seems like he's regressed a lot.  He was probably the best defensive player in the game last year.  Standards are very, very high.

8 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

I'd argue the bigger issue is the O-Line had to be elite and Gurley a Top 2 RB for the offense to function. The minute both stopped being that way this happened.

Ah sure.  But good O-line play is the basis for 99% of good teams.  Everything else functions off of that.   And our line being hot garbage is a massive issue to this years team.  There are other issues (playcalling, McVays ego, Goff under pressure) but the line play is number 1 on the list.   Tonight not having Cooks and Woods is exacerbating the issues.