Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Devy & Redraft: Clyde Edwards-Helaire: KC IT IS!!!

BigTex

11 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

In 6 starts

I’m not sure how CEH’s talent transitions to the NFL. I’ve seen great rushers bust and “meh” guys surprise. On paper and in college it’s not even a discussion of who is better. I would expect CEH to do much better his rookie year than Williams ever has, but again I’m not sure I see a super star that so many others do. 

Their lead running back could be Dri Archer and 1200 team rushing yards would still be a crazy low projection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Their lead running back could be Dri Archer and 1200 team rushing yards would still be a crazy low projection.

Yes, that seems to be the case historically in this offense. If it’s so obvious, then there must be a reason, no? I don’t really have an answer :shrug:

On 7/31/2020 at 12:05 AM, rockaction said:

The whole point of this forum is to wade through different opinions and consensus. Putting laughing emojis next to reasonable opinions does everyone a disservice and makes you look bad. But that's par for the course, I guess.

LOL I have one account here, and always have. I’ve caught on quick that some posters around here throw insults (or accuse you of being someone else) when they disagree with you. I don’t even disagree very much. I like CEH and think he will be good. I just don’t think he will be a yearly threat to finish top 5. To improve my forum experience I am going to stick to threads without those posters. I’m not even sure how to ignore, but I’d do that if I could.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:23 AM, I-ROK said:

LOL I have one account here, and always have. I’ve caught on quick that some posters around here throw insults (or accuse you of being someone else) when they disagree with you. I don’t even disagree very much. I like CEH and think he will be good. I just don’t think he will be a yearly threat to finish top 5. To improve my forum experience I am going to stick to threads without those posters. I’m not even sure how to ignore, but I’d do that if I could.

Vandelay has a thing about Dr Dan. Most people here play it almost completely straight until they get suspended and sometimes they then use an alias. It's nowhere near as nefarious as he just made it seem. Dr Dan was also okay in my book, though he went out a little strangely, but to each their own. 

• Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, BradtheAg said:

10 team 0.5 PPR startup just started at 4:00.  I passed on CEH at 8 in favor of Tyreek Hill, hoping he'd make it back to me.  He went 12th

Oh so tantalizing. 

4 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Yeah right now the hype is high so he's absolutely going in the first round in 12 team leagues or very early second in 10 teamers.

I just couldn't pull the trigger at 8.  To be honest I'm a bit relieved.  I understand the ceiling but that is quite an investment.  Would have been pleased if he fell to 13 but I'm not upset about it.

• Like 1

I have no idea who this Jordan guy is who is currently on a live show with Chad Parsons but he just said CEH is his #11 ranked rookie RB in this class not even #11 overall player his #11 RB in this class ?  What ?  Am I hearing this guy right ?  Someone needs to explain.  It is one thing to think he is #2 or #3 or #5 even but #11 ?  Is Deejay Dallas ahead of him ?  I mean what are we talking about here ? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dez said:

I have no idea who this Jordan guy is who is currently on a live show with Chad Parsons but he just said CEH is his #11 ranked rookie RB in this class not even #11 overall player his #11 RB in this class ?  What ?  Am I hearing this guy right ?  Someone needs to explain.  It is one thing to think he is #2 or #3 or #5 even but #11 ?  Is Deejay Dallas ahead of him ?  I mean what are we talking about here ? 

Hot take is my guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

What value would you put on this guy in an auction, compared to the other rookies? Is he 1.5x as valuable as the other rooks? More? 

Every auction is different. My main redraft has 18 roster spots 12 teams and a 200 budget. Top 5 RBs will go 55 to 70. Antonio Brown in his heyday went for 80 once. Adrian Peterson used to go for like 74. 

But top rookies maybe 50. I think Barkley went 56.

My guess for CEH is right in that 50 to 55 range. Taylor maybe 38 to 45. Dobbins will be a target of mine at I am guessing 25. But if the auction unfolds in a top heavy way like this one always does, then some of these guys can go for discounts, especially if nominated later.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN

No preseason games and no joint practices means you better have some inside info as to how players are progressing in camp. I can assure you Edwards-Helaire is progressing very well given what they have been able to do up to this point.

https://twitter.com/lriddickespn/status/1292530721236619267?s=21

Doug Farrar @NFL_DougFarrar

CEH has also worked with Kevin Faulk on his pass pro. That will be key in that offense -- picking up more complex and aggressive fronts.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dougfarrar/status/1292539102189903872?s=21

ESPN's Adam Teicher reports Chiefs first-rounder Clyde Edwards-Helaire was the "featured back" in Friday's practice.

Coach Andy Reid confirmed as much in his post-practice presser, stating Edwards-Helaire will continue to get "a lot work with the first-team unit." "Is everything perfect?," Reid continued. "No, not right now. But he's working to get there.'' If anything, it's the first confirmation we've received that this is CEH's job to lose following Damien Williams' opt-out. DeAndre Washington arguably has standalone value as the rookie's backup at his current 14.10 ADP as the overall RB62, but Edwards-Helaire remains a top-seven discussion point ahead of padded practices.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Aug 14, 2020, 11:48 AM ET

Herbie Teope @HerbieTeope

Chiefs coach Andy Reid says rookie RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire is getting a lot work with the first-team unit.

Edwards-Helaire looked strong out there during the period we observed practice. Busted loose on a long run (keep in mind no hitting, tackling).

https://twitter.com/herbieteope/status/1294300786327838720?s=21

With NFL game pass I watched P Mahomes first 156 passing attempts(4 games) and 2 times the RB had to pick up a blitz.
Another 2 times the Rb ran into a defender that was in his path. When the ball is snapped the RB's all take off into routes
with no hesitation. They aren't looking to block and then run a route.  Anybody thinking CEH isn't getting playing time because
"rookies can't pass block" doesn't apply to this offense.

Those 2 pass blocks were the RB diving at the defender to slow him up for a half second, not a lot of technique involved with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, nightmare said:

With NFL game pass I watched P Mahomes first 156 passing attempts(4 games) and 2 times the RB had to pick up a blitz.
Another 2 times the Rb ran into a defender that was in his path. When the ball is snapped the RB's all take off into routes
with no hesitation. They aren't looking to block and then run a route.  Anybody thinking CEH isn't getting playing time because

Those 2 pass blocks were the RB diving at the defender to slow him up for a half second, not a lot of technique involved with that.

Really good observation and helpful. Thanks.

1 hour ago, nightmare said:

This is really interesting to read. And makes sense.

Adam Teicher ESPN Staff Writer 

Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire showed in Wednesday's practice one of the reasons the Chiefs drafted him in the first round this year when he took a pass in the flat and put a move on linebacker Anthony Hitchens that allowed him to gain extra yards. ‘'He's one of the better players in this league or will be one of the better players in this league at making people miss in the open space,'' Hitchens said afterward.

Chiefs players and coaches lauded RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire as a fast learner with great vision with the ball in his hands. 

Patrick Mahomes said the rookie back is "playing fast" and "has incredible vision" so far in Kansas City training camp. Chiefs coaches have worked with Edwards-Helaire on his timing on screen plays -- further confirmation that his workload will include plenty of targets in the Chiefs' high-powered offense. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Aug 20, 2020, 12:16 PM ET

On 8/4/2020 at 8:40 PM, Dez said:

He's got you talking about him. Mission accomplished. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, nightmare said:

Waldman said that Kareem Hunt would be limited by his lack of blocking ability in the KC scheme and was low on him as a rookie. I grabbed him early third as a rookie because Cecil Lammey was very high on him. Worked out well (remember that first game against NE?)

I don't think CEH will be held back by any great lack of blocking ability.

10 hours ago, Truebluey said:

Waldman said that Kareem Hunt would be limited by his lack of blocking ability in the KC scheme and was low on him as a rookie. I grabbed him early third as a rookie because Cecil Lammey was very high on him. Worked out well (remember that first game against NE?)

I don't think CEH will be held back by any great lack of blocking ability.

Is there a clear cut backup to CEH & if so who???????????????????????????????????????

drafting tonight.

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

Is there a clear cut backup to CEH & if so who???????????????????????????????????????

drafting tonight.

10 minutes ago, ldizzle said:

Washington

The keyword in the question is "clear." To this I would say no. Many presume it would be Washington but not too long ago, Darrel Williams took first team snaps over the rest in practice.

• Like 1

After reading that KC RB's are in pass protection 13% of the time(1 in 8 plays), I decide to watch all the pass plays of KC's

last 4 games. I'm still seeing maybe 4 pass protections per game. The last game of the year(Chargers), KC did add a new option.

It's not an RPO but after the snap Mahomes and the RB are in motion together and acting like it might be a handoff but they split to

go into a pass play. They do not go towards the line when doing this, its basically one or two steps parallel.  It froze the Chargers pass rush.

They did it the first 2 maybe 3 plays into the game and then I didn't see it called again.

I'm in a best ball draft where there are 5 12 team divisions in this league. CEH went 1.03, 1.10, 1.05, 1.04, and 1.03. That's not a typo.

In two of those drafts he went ahead of E Eliot. 

1 hour ago, nightmare said:

After reading that KC RB's are in pass protection 13% of the time(1 in 8 plays), I decide to watch all the pass plays of KC's

last 4 games. I'm still seeing maybe 4 pass protections per game. The last game of the year(Chargers), KC did add a new option.

It's not an RPO but after the snap Mahomes and the RB are in motion together and acting like it might be a handoff but they split to

go into a pass play. They do not go towards the line when doing this, its basically one or two steps parallel.  It froze the Chargers pass rush.

They did it the first 2 maybe 3 plays into the game and then I didn't see it called again.

I'm in a best ball draft where there are 5 12 team divisions in this league. CEH went 1.03, 1.10, 1.05, 1.04, and 1.03. That's not a typo.

In two of those drafts he went ahead of E Eliot. 

How often is he going before Henry?

35 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Crashing from the penthouse to the outhouse? I'll take the train on this one. 

Oh yeah same here.  Drafted him first overall in my rookie draft before Williams opted out and have been loving every report since.  Gimme that top three rookie year.